IGNORED

TM Burner Superfast

lcfd42
Note: This thread is 5274 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The Key to hitting any of the long lite shafted burners is to have a slower smooth swing.Most people, me included, don't have a smooth swing. I've seen some seniors with slower swings really improve their drive distance with these clubs.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

I think both new TM drivers are ugly as all get out. But if they are a performance improvement from my r9, looks are totally secondary and I'd love to have one.

About the driver length, who cares? I'm glad they're trying new stuff. If you don't hit it farther, don't get it or cut it down. I personally do much better with drivers that are a bit longer. My r9 460 TP is 45.75 and that works very well for me. I have hit shorter drivers and I hit them shorter. I have not noticed any decrease in control. I actually hit more fairways with my r9 460 TP than any other driver I've ever owned. To each his own. It's easier to cut it down than add on.

All that being said, I had a Mizuno MP-001 that was cut down to 44 that I really hit well too. Each driver is different for every person.

What's in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag:

Driver - Taylormade Superfast 2.0 TP 10.5
3 Wood - Taylormade Burner 15* REAX
Hybrid - Adams Idea Pro 18* GD YSQ-HL

Irons - Callaway X-18 4-PW

GW - Cleveland 588 51*

SW - Cleveland CG 12 56*

LW - Cleveland CG15 60*

Putter - Cameron Studio Style Newport 2

Bushnell Medalist rangefinder

• 2 weeks later...

The SuferFast demo models arrived at my local driving range and I was able to give the club a few blasts. I was the first guy to hit the club, the guy in the shop had to peel the plastic off the clubhead. I hit the 10.5 degree, stiff . Right now I'm playing a '09 Burner driver 10.5, stiff.

The temps were in the 40s so I wasn't looking to accomplish any distance tests. But what I did want to know was whether the increased shaft length made it more difficult to control the club head. I'm here to tell you, there is no difference. The club felt just like my '09 Burner, and actually, maybe a little more accurate. Side-by-side comparisons, the clubs look very similar, but at address I really liked the way the new SuperFast setup and preferred it over my club.

I'd really like to see how the club swings later in the season when the temps get to be more reasonable. I'm curious to know whether the increased shaft length does much to improve distance. Even if not, I liked the club and may pick one up use later this year.

Whoever came up with the saying, "A bad day of golf is better than a good day at work", is a moron.

I posted this in the SuperTri thread, but Dick's Sporting Goods has the SuperFast for $250.

They also have the 07 Burner for $150 and the 09 Burner for $200.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I completely agree w/ the shorter shaft thing. I had a 45.5 BB in my friver and wen i got it reshafted w/ the avix i got it down to 44.5. It is SOOOOO much better. but 47 inches!!?????what......

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

What's the point of a longer shaft if you have to choke up on it a couple of inches in order to hit it? And I though my driver had a long shaft (45.75")!

Mine is only 44" now, and I'm considering lopping another 1/2" off it.

I find that I gain more by hitting it on center than I lose by shortening the shaft.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I too hit this club a few days ago, and even knowing the comments on the longer shaft, did not even notice it. And I am a consistent player who hits alot of new clubs as they come out to see how they feel, and I truly couldn't tell the difference. I agree with those who have posted and said that if you hit it well and better than what you currently have, then put it in your bag. If not, then move on to the next one, there are plenty of options. Good luck!!

In my Nike Sasquach Yellow/Black Staff Bag:
Driver: SQ Dymo 10.5 Stiff
Fairway: SQ Dymo 3W Stiff
Hybrid: R9 19º
Irons: R9 StiffWedges: CG15 Black Pearl 50º/54º/60ºPutter: G5i CustomBall: One Vapor / TP Red

I completely agree w/ the shorter shaft thing. I had a 45.5 BB in my friver and wen i got it reshafted w/ the avix i got it down to 44.5. It is SOOOOO much better. but 47 inches!!?????what......

Mine is only 44" now, and I'm considering lopping another 1/2" off it.

Whats funny is, the people on here all claiming it makes no difference are probably missing the center of the driver face

nearly every time . I find that with these modern huge drivers, many players never actually get the center of the face, or maybe rarely. If you look in most people's bags, the driver face is totally covered with ball marks, as are the irons. My clubs all have a spot in the center of the face a little larger than a golf ball. My driver face has a larger spot, maybe 2" wide, where the titanium is worn. I don't hit the center of the face as often as I should. Good players tend to have a ball mark on the center of their iron faces. Now, for all those who do hit the center of the face, and who's clubs have these marks, the shaft length means everything. The average tour pro uses a 44.5" shaft. These guys are certainly not hackers, and they aren't stupid enough to buy the idea that more length means more distance. If you miss the center of the face by just a half of an inch, you've just lost 20 yards or more. If you never hit it to begin with, then it probably doesn't make a difference. The modern drivers are so forgiving, that the off center hits go about 220 yards, which most people then somehow calculate to be 290 yards (I've seen this so often it's not even funny anymore.) So, if you do miss the center of the face, and this club buys you more distance, then use it. If you hit the center of the face, then go with a shorter shaft.

I agree with many of the initial threads....that is a long stock driver.

Last year I played a few months with a driver of such length. The anticipated distance was only achieved if I made special attempts to smooth the swing. It felt like I was having to baby it. The distance far exceeded the effort to produce it (compared to what I've been accustomed to). It was such a different swing tempo from the rest of my bag. The difference was unsettling.

I prefer to pretty much swing the same tempo throughout the bag.

I was going to cut the shaft down some but another guy wanted the club. I don't know if he kept that length or not.

My current driver is only 45.5". That is comfortable for me. All my irons/wedges/hybrid are overlength clubs due to my height. I prefer to lessen that overage on the longest clubs in the bag.

I was pleased with the stock lenghths of the TM Superfast fairways. They fell right in the length range that I like for fairways.

I'm not opposed to the head graphics. I will say this...if you are put off by visual enhancements on the top surface, take a careful look at these outdoors before you buy. In the dimly lit local store I bought these from you could not see any top graphics at all. Outside in bright sunlight you could see a dramatic difference. There is a faint honecomb effect and a thin red crescent that stands out in the light. I don't mind it, looks great to me....but I can see where it may surprise you if you didn't know beforehand.

TM's webpage is lacking good data on the fairways at the moment.

One thing I din't like about them off the rack was the tiny grips. It's silly how small they felt. I had them replaced with new grips immediately. I'm sure this changed some balance as the replacements were significantly heavier...but the balance still feels good to me.

I think we must be getting close to the egde of the affordable performance limit when clubmakers start having to result to length and balance "tricks". I stress affordable as I found out about another fairway while in the shop...a guy was ordering two. Tour Edge was the manufacturer and the two woods were $600 plus tax...no special shafts....just stock. Shop guy said folks were highly pleased with them so far.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

• 1 month later...
Bingo, Cussin Hacker !!!!!

Ah...my kingdom for a smooth swing....

I've been really working on overhauling my swing. My old swing was a rare back, grip it and rip it style that relied on precise timing for everything to work. Guess what....precise timing was not always in the cards. As a result, I scrambled way more than my buddies.

I've finally begun to reduce my backswing length and compact everything.....the results are very promising...straighter flights and much more solid and crisp contact. I love the sound/feel of impact once again...I'm hooked on that sensation as the club compresses the ball and the club follows fully through down the line and around my shoulders.

I've been able to narrow down my swing keys to one thought...."keep it smooth".

Shortening the backswing was something I absolutely struggled with. One of the errors I'd made with the shortened swing was to rush into transition to early, I suppose trying to duplicate the same handspeed for that location I was accustomed to.

If I keep it smooth nice things now happen.

I'm also playing one of the shortest driver shaft lengths I've ever played at 45.5". I used to buy into the hype that taller guys automatically needed longer drivers and that longer drivers would carry further. This shorter length seems to suit me much better.

I have seen the older guys who are really smooth benefit from the old Killer Bee overlength drivers and such. Of course, they were also using a senior flex graphite shaft on their irons, too.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

im a very new player and have only broken 100 a total of 1 TIME...

I drive with the new Superfast...

Believe it or not it is one of the clubs I am MOST confident in. I don't swing for the fences I just try to put it in the fairway and I drive 260.

The long length doesn't bother me one bit.

Driver: 2010 Burner Superfast
3-Wood: 2007 Callaway Big Bertha
Hybrid: Victory Red Hybrid 3 21*
Irons: 2009 Burner Irons 4-SW
Wedge: CG12 56*Putter: White Hot XG 2-Ball F7

Note: This thread is 5274 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!