IGNORED

Affordable 3-piece ball: Suggestion?

Note: This thread is 5058 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been playing Titleist NXT-Tours, but I'm thinking of switching to a cheaper alternative. I know that Bridgestone has the E7, Srixon has some options, etc.

What 3-pieces do you guys play? What can you recommend that's affordable, durable, long, and still feels good inside of 100yds. and when you put?

I'm not UNHAPPY with the NXT Tour, but I'm trying to pinch a few pennies.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

I love the Bridgstone E6, but I think it is about the same price as the NXT. You can probably save a few bucks if you find last years Eseries from Bridgestone, or if if really like the NXT line, check out some of the used golf ball sellers online and buy the premium used balls ... I think many folks on ST recommend lostgolfballs.com...

Snowman0157

Another ball you might try is the Nike Power Distance Series... About $16 per dozen. I like the Power Distance SOFT model. Not sure if this is a 3 piece ball, but it does not feel too Hard to me.

Snowman0157

I don't know if this applies to where you are or not, but most of the Costco's in my area have recently stocked the final batches of Nike's Ignite balls. Nike has discontinued this line, but they had a ton of them in stock at my Costco yesterday. $14.99/12 for 3-piece balls is the cheapest I've seen.

The Nike PowerDistance balls are a 2-piece, BTW.

The stuff in my bag (i.e. The clubs that I haven't tossed in the pond. Yet.):

Driver: G15
Fariway Woods: Fybrid 5
Irons: Big Bertha Fusion 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson 56 and 60Putter: IN Wack-e

arent the Nike ONE Vapors a 3 piece ball they work good for me in cold weather and i think last time i got them they were right around the $25 range
If you always do what you've always done....You'll always be where you are right now..
Driver: C830.2 HOF Taiwan Proto
3 wood: Versus VS 1 Proforce V2
7 wood: DCT Fujikura Motore F1
3-pw: Nakashima NX-1 Project X 6.5 53*: ...

Bridgestone e6 and e7, Top Flight gamers, Tayor Made TP red and black and many others. Go to lostgolfballs.com They have specs on most any ball made.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

I really like the Taylormade Burner TP. It does just what is advertised. It flies as far as any ball I've seen but it has the ability to spin and stick on a green. A dozen is only $25 so it's at least worth a shot.
In the blue and tan grom Bag:

Driver r7 460 10.5*
Fairway Woods '07 Burner 15* and 18*
Irons 4-PW r7 XDWedges 47*, 52*, 58* CG14,Putter TiffanyBall One Tour D

i recently bought some Titleist pro V1x's that have "PRACTICE" stamped on the side of them. they are pretty much exactly the same except for the practice on it, and i just put the black like over the practice for putting alignment and its almost un-noticable. theyre $30, which is higher than other people have been recommending on this thread, but its $15 cheaper for practically the same thing.

What I Play:
Titleist 910 D3 9.5* Diamana 'ahina X-stiff  | Titleist 909f2 13.5* x-stiff | Taylormade Rescue 19* steel shaft stiff |
Titleist ZB 3-PW S300 | Titleist BV SM 52-08 58-12  | 34" Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | Penta TP

I'd love to play Pro V1s, but I can't open up that door - knowing that if I played them for an extended period of time I'd love them, and I'd then be emotionally invested in golf balls that cost 40/dozen under normal circumstances.

The Bridgestone E7 sounds good, because I'm looking for a lower, more piercing flight off the tee and that's what the ball supposedly offers. I know I could achieve the same thing with a lower-launching shaft as well. I'm also not sure if I want a lower-launch effect in the rest of my game...I like playing a high fade into greens (my home course has small greens that are SEVERE from back to front).

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

Check out the Wilson Zip balls, I used to use ProV1's and switched to save money and haven't lossed any distance or feel. They're about $14/dozen, even less on sale.

Ozone Stand Bag............Tour Burner 10.5............MX-300 Project X 6.0............Marilyn 34"

Bridgestone e6 and e7, Top Flight gamers, Tayor Made TP red and black and many others. Go to lostgolfballs.com They have specs on most any ball made.

I would agree with the e6+ and the TP Red or Black

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I play NXT Tours and E7+'s. I like the E7+, since I tend to hit the ball super high, NASA puts out alerts when I'm on the course, and the E7+ really brought that ballflight down to a more reasonable level. I was skeptical that it would make that big of a difference, but it really did. And by going with a more piercing flight, I basically added 20 yards to my average driving distance, instead of waiting 30 seconds for the ball to come back down 230-240 yards out, I'm not hitting 250-260 yards.

I recently purchased the Nike Crush line of golf balls. I'm not sure of the number of layers but they were in the 25 dollar/dozen price range. These balls were responsive around the green and I added 5-10 yards off the tee. I like the putting alignment aid Nike put on them and I found them as soft on approach shots as any I've ever played (excluding the 18768766 dollar/dozen Pro V1) I highly recommend these balls.

Hit 'em Good.

Ed

I like the E7+, since I tend to hit the ball super high, NASA puts out alerts when I'm on the course, and the E7+ really brought that ballflight down to a more reasonable level. I was skeptical that it would make that big of a difference, but it really did.

How does it perform with your mid-irons and scoring clubs? I don't want to lose height, spin, performance with those. As I said earlier, the high ballflight is great with the scoring clubs, particularly due to the green complexes at what will become my new 'home course' this summer.

Try the Slazenger RDS Tour. MSRP is $24 a dozen, but they go on sale for $15 on occasion (like right now at Golf Galaxy).

Good distance and decent bite on full shots. Partial wedges lands soft and release a foot or two; can get dead stop w/good cut shot. Plays similar to TopFlite D2 Feel.

Slazenger RD Speed ball goes farther, but proved unstable for short game - felt hard, couldn't get much touch with longer putts or chip shots.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

How does it perform with your mid-irons and scoring clubs? I don't want to lose height, spin, performance with those. As I said earlier, the high ballflight is great with the scoring clubs, particularly due to the green complexes at what will become my new 'home course' this summer.

It does fine with my mid-irons and short irons, however I do lose some height with my short iron and wedges compared to the NXT Tour. But for me, it was worth the trade-off. I hit a few NXT Tours today off the tee, just to see if it was in my head, and they shot straight up on me, and after 15 seconds hang-time, came down about 180-200 yards off the tee. Swapped to the E7+ and was back out to 240-250, but it was also windy today, and the E7's perform really well in the wind for me.

I also liked using the nxt's but I like to pull my shots left which usually means woods for me and it got to expensive using those. I use the snake eyes TPII balls, 12 for 25 and theyve been bogo for awhile so its 24 for 25 pretty nice deal for pretty nice balls.

In my 's bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5, Fujikara Red R Flex shaft, and Winn PCI grip
3w, 5w: HiBore XLS Fujikara Gold R Flexshaft, and Winn PCI grips
Irons: Viper HT heads, True Temper XL Lite shafts, and Winn PCI grips
Putter: XG #9 35"Ball: TP II

i recently bought some Titleist pro V1x's that have "PRACTICE" stamped on the side of them. they are pretty much exactly the same except for the practice on it, and i just put the black like over the practice for putting alignment and its almost un-noticable. theyre $30, which is higher than other people have been recommending on this thread, but its $15 cheaper for practically the same thing.

These have been my ball of choice for almost a year now. Great performers off the tee and unparalleled around the greens. Wedge work that bites!!!

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Note: This thread is 5058 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!