IGNORED

How addicted are you to this game?

pusher
Note: This thread is 4939 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Very.

Started playing when I was 12. Local GC is 5 minutes from the house I grew up in. HS Golf Team for two years. Took a break while at school and now in the working world I'm a weekend warrior and Golf Club member who hits the range once or twice during the week.

I have about 10 rounds in already this year.

Last night they turned the lights out on me at the putting green. This was at ~9:15pm.
Driver: Adams 9032LS 9.5* - 45" - Aldila RIP Alpha 60S
3 Wood: Adams FAST 10 15* - 43" - Aldila Wasabi 70S
2-Iron: Mizuno Fli-Hi 18* - DGS300 
Irons: Mizuno MP-68 3-PW - DGS300
Wedges: Mizuno MPT-11 54* and 60*Putter: PING Redwood Anser Black Nickel 340g, 34"Ball: Titleist ProV1Bag: Mizuno...

I am so bad, that I wake up at 4:00 to get to my club at 5:00 to workout in the gym. I then hit the driving range from 7:00 to 7:30 and then leave and catch the commuter train to Boston. I leave work at 5:00 and then get to the club at 6:30 to hit balls until dark. My wife thinks I am crazy.....sometimes I actually agree with her, but i love it!!

Before I joined my current club, I would go to the public golf course in Hingham, MA at 4:30 during the summer and play 9 holes before work. Can't get enough!!

Driver: Callaway RAZR Fit 9.5* , Aldila RIP’d stiff shaft (60g).

Ping G10 15* Hybrid
Callaway Heavan Wood 19* Hybrid
Putter: T-Line XXIV Tommy Armour

Ping i/3 Irons green dot
Cleveland 60* Lob wedge, Ping 56* Sand wedge, Nike SV Tour Black Satin 52* wedge, Ping 48* wedge.

Ball: TaylorMade

I used to be an addict...then we hit this winter. it has been so damn long since i have seen grass i don't recall...freakin snow!!

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

• 8 months later...
I was doing yard work on Sunday afternoon, wishing someone had the golf tourney broadcast on a radio station so I could listen. Instead, I ran inside every once in a while to check the leaderboard on the internet and catch a few mins of the tv broadcast. For the JT Shriners Open.

Imagine -- wanting to listen to a golf tournament on the radio.

Pathetic, really.

Ping G2 Driver; Titleist 906F2 5W; TM Rescue Mid 3H; Adams Idea Pro 4H; Titleist DTR 3-SW; Callaway Bobby Jones Putter; Ping Hoofer lite

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Put it this way, if you've signed up to a golf discussion forum your pretty addicted in the first place!

Yeah, I think the fact that we're on here in the first place is just a testament to the sickness that is golf. Also, let's just say my yard doubles as an 18-hole wiffle ball golf course.

In the  Strata Bag:

3 Wood:  XL

Irons: 4-5:  AP1; 6-PW:  XL

Wedges:  Tour Grind, 52°/60°

Putter:  White Hot XG #9

Balls:  Mojo

Not addicted. I'm not even sure if the game is worth the time I put into it. However, I do like walking the course on nice days as an outdoor activity but unfortunately I have to disrupt my otherwise pleasant walks with futile attempts at hitting a golf ball.

I've often thought I may be putting my career or marriage in jeopardy because of my obsession with this game.

No way. My wife, kids, and even career come first by a mile.

Have you ever snuck out for the driving range or nine holes during the day?

Actually I have, as long as no meetings are scheduled and project deliverables are current. I usually end up working that night thanks to the convenience of telecommuting.

What about lying by omission? Perhaps your wife thought you were somewhere else when in fact you were on the golf course.

Negative.

Maybe you left a family event to go chip some balls or visit a putting green on your way to or from work.

I suppose. I did show up late to a couple of birthday parties. I have a large family and birthday parties are an almost weekly event.

What about the financial costs? Golf isn't cheap, you know.

No argument there. I'm already at the point of no new equipment unless I learn how to use the equipment I have (except balls and tees of course). I could divert golf expenses into a new theater and entertainment system and probably have a lot more fun watching golf in 3D than playing. The thought has crossed my mind.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

Put it this way, if you've signed up to a golf discussion forum your pretty addicted in the first place!

I know this is 3/4 of a year old, but it's pretty much my thoughts exactly.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah, I think the fact that we're on here in the first place is just a testament to the sickness that is golf. Also, let's just say my yard doubles as an 18-hole wiffle ball golf course.

Not necessarily. It's more fun to talk about golf than to go through the self flagellation of trying to hit a golf ball for 9 holes. I can't even think about 18. I'm not that masochistic. On a serious note, I look at forums as a source of information in the hope that I can find some tidbit of advice that will lead to a revelation on how to hit a golf ball. I doubt I'm addicted because I know that I'll eventually have to cut my losses if I can't learn how to play this game, but I'd rather not do that. I am somewhat hopefull that this will be a fun outdoor activity that I can do with my wife as we get older and get a little exercise at the same time.

BTW nhwoj - I'm going to have to raise my handicap. I am determined to be the highest handicap poster on ST. I am absolutely conviced that nobody on ST can top a golf ball as well as me. I'm #1!

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

Note: This thread is 4939 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!