IGNORED

What do you do when you hear FORE!?

rogerw
Note: This thread is 5167 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Eh, it could be dumb. There are ways to find it without exposing those vitals though i.e. using your hands as a shield. It's just something I do. And I'm good at it. Some people just have totally random talents and this is one of mine oddly enough.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I cover my head and crouch.

Being a former caddie, I can sometimes hear the hum of the golf ball on the wind and adjust accordingly.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I also lower my head crouch down - with my back turned to the direction the "fore" came from. I try not to turn and react too quickly though. It's more likely I'll to get hurt from twisting too fast with a bag on my back than be hit by the ball.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I grab my closest playing parter and use him as a shield

Usually just try to cover my head.....

I've been hit twice, and both times, neither person said anything.....one of them was really lucky - guy must have hit a 3 wood, I was easily 200 yards away.....the ball came in hot, caught it out of the corner of my eye.....it hit the meaty part of my trap - lucky it didn't hit my face....

I throw the arm up and duck. No looking around. Been hit once. My fault, quick story:

I was ahead of my playing partner (my brother) and in the fairway. I'm looking for a club and hear "oh sh*t" look back and here it comes. Low burner, waist high and rising. Instincts put my hand up and it caught me in the meaty part of the right hand.

It felt like I stuck my hand in lava. After laying on the ground reeling in pain for about twenty minutes, I got up and made par on the hole and finished the round. No broken bones or permanent damage. It could have been so much worse, but I got lucky.

I learned, don't walk ahead of playing partners especially if it's family and your ahead on the scorecard.
Tools of the trade: Red=Pics
2.0 Push Cart
V14 Club Count Cart Bag
Driver - Nike SQ Dymo 2 HL w/Cleveland Headcover
Fairway Wood - Hibore XLS 5 WoodHybrids - Hibore 3,4,5Irons - CG Gold 6-PWWedges - CG14 52 & 60 CG15 - 56 Degree Custom Squareback 1

i crouch down and cover my head with my arms.

That's what I do. Protect the most vunerable part of the body.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Turn away from where I heard it coming from.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

Be thankful they yell... At my course I hear the ball land before I hear anything else...

Now that is scary!

Instincts put my hand up and it caught me in the meaty part of the right hand.

As bad as that story sounds, you were pretty lucky that it caught your hand instead of whatever was behind it.

Those errant fairway wood shots that cross into the neighboring fairway, or worse someone not waiting for you to clear the fairway/green, etc., are probably the most dangerous. Lots of speed on those balls.

Turn my back to the sound, duck my head, and put my hands over my neck and head.

In my KZG Stand Bag:
919THI 11* w/ OBAN Revenge 6 (S)
919THI 16.5* w/ OBAN Revenge 7 (S)
KZG 18* & 22* U Iron w/ Matrix Studio 84 (S)
KZG 5-PW Cavity Back Forged III w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)KZG Forged TRS 50*, 54*, 58* w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)Kirk Currie/Wright San Saba 33" e7 or TriSpeed uProMy...

Whip out my painfully large golfing umbrella that is always on my bag, crouch down, so it covers my entire body, and wait it out..

J/K

Just crouch behind something (if applicable) and cover my noggin.

Live, Breath, Golf.
My Home
FT-3 8.5* Driver
X22's
2i Hybrid 3i Hybrid 55* Wedge 60* Wedge PutterWhen Tiger puts spin on the ball, the ball does not hit the green and then spin back, the ball hits the green and the world spins forward.

You guys are missing an important part... after a particularly painful experience several years ago, I crouch a bit, head down, one arm up over my head, and one hand COVERING MY GROIN. Trust me, you want to incorporate that into the fore motion.

CARBITE Putter

i crouch down and cover my head with my arms.

I do the same thing...when the person is kind enough to yell "FORE".

I was playing last year on a short 300 yard par 4 that the guy behind us drove the green and just missed my head. He didn't yell "FORE" but I shore yelled at him!!

Driver: Callaway RAZR Fit 9.5* , Aldila RIP’d stiff shaft (60g).

Ping G10 15* Hybrid
Callaway Heavan Wood 19* Hybrid
Putter: T-Line XXIV Tommy Armour

Ping i/3 Irons green dot
Cleveland 60* Lob wedge, Ping 56* Sand wedge, Nike SV Tour Black Satin 52* wedge, Ping 48* wedge.

Ball: TaylorMade

Captitalize on the perfect opportunity for FALCON PUNCH!
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I know this answer will strike as odd, but I do absolutely nothing, except maybe turn slightly away from where I hear FORE called and covering my head with my arms.

The reason is simple. Why do people duck? What if the ball coming your way is a low-flying shank? If you duck you´ll only increase the risk of getting hit in the head. It´s almost impossible to figure out where the ball is coming from, so might as well just keep walking or standing or doing whatever it is you are doing when you hear it, because odds are just the same that you will be hit no matter what you do.

Please don´t swing while I´m talking !!

Nothing. I always wear my golfer's helmet. In this day and age when there is a helmet for every activity, I am at the leading edge of fashion and safety and have devised the first golfer's helmet. It's based on a goalie helmet but allows the user to swill beer and smoke cigars/cigarettes. It even has a little magnet to keep your ball marker.

Whoever came up with the saying, "A bad day of golf is better than a good day at work", is a moron.

Nothing. I always wear my golfer's helmet. In this day and age when there is a helmet for every activity, I am at the leading edge of fashion and safety and have devised the first golfer's helmet. It's based on a goalie helmet but allows the user to swill beer and smoke cigars/cigarettes. It even has a little magnet to keep your ball marker.

You are a new age jesper parnavik, my friend. Still not as good as a buddy of mine who went to last years Barclays tournament with one of those replica bengals helmets that had "Tiger Proofing" written on the front.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Note: This thread is 5167 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!