IGNORED

Help me pick out a golf bag...

Note: This thread is 5058 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello,

Need a little help finding a bag that will fit all my needs. Here is a little info to help you, help me choose...

1) I ride in a cart 95% of the time. Other 5% I carry (never use push/pull carts). Must easily fit on the back of a standard golf cart.
2) It needs to be a stand bag b/c I like going to the range and need to be able to get to the clubs easily.
3) 14-way divider would be ideal but not necessary if the bag has full length dividers that will eliminate grips from becoming tangled.
4) The bag needs enough room to hold - rain gear, umbrella, gps, etc. A collectibles pocket would be nice to keep things safe. Cooler pocket that holds a water bottle would also be ideal. A easy to access pocket for golf balls/tees would be nice for in round use.
5) Does not need to be ultra lightweight as I do not walk that often but I do not want to lug around a suitcase when I do walk.

I've been looking around on the internet and this forum trying to gather some info on the "perfect" bag. I do have some in mind but do not want to sway any opinions in this thread by mentioning them quite yet. Just want to hear what you oh so wise Sandtrappers have to offer. Thanks.

Driver: 975D 9.5
3 Wood: 975F 14.5
2 Hybrid: 909H 19
Irons: 3-PW VR Split Cavity
Wedges: VR 52/10 & 56/10Putter: White Hot Tour #1Ball: ONE Platinum/Tour

easy....

The four 5 looks great but I have read that it has a problem fitting correctly on the back of a riding cart. Therefore, it is pretty much out of the running.

Driver: 975D 9.5
3 Wood: 975F 14.5
2 Hybrid: 909H 19
Irons: 3-PW VR Split Cavity
Wedges: VR 52/10 & 56/10Putter: White Hot Tour #1Ball: ONE Platinum/Tour

Burton Syncro.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

The Callaway Warbird bags are outstanding. I really enjoyed the one I had...my son has it now.

I went for a larger bag as I wanted 14 full length dividers for my oversized grips. I didn't care about the legs as the ranges I use have bag racks at each station.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

DriverMonster Hi-Bore XLS/w Mintsubishi Diamana Fit-On M Gold Stiff 55g
Woods906F4 3 Wood/w Aldila VS Proto Fairway Stiff 80g
Hybrid3dx red 20 and 23 degree
Irons3dx red 5-pw
Wedgesharmonized sand wedge 56 degree loft and harmonize lob wedge 60 degree loftPutterWhite Hot XG SabertoothBallNoddle or ...

I debated for a long time if I wanted to get the Sun Mountain Four-5 or the new Titleist 14-way bag.... in the end, I decided to pay half as much for what I think is the same quality bag.

http://www.tgw.com/customer/category...ords/rj+sports

This is my second RJ Sports bag. Quality is great. I like the simple, all black look. My previous RJ Sports bag lasted my a 6 years of moderate to heavy use with no problems.

What I Play:

Driver: R9 460
4 Wood: G15

Hy: Callaway FT 3Hy

Irons: AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey 52* & 60*, Mizuno MP-T 10 58*

Putter: Newport Studio Select 2.7

Ball: Nike One Vapor

After looking around at the golf stores, I finally found a replacement bag. It fits your description to a 'tee', except for the full length dividers for the irons.
It is a Ogio Grom, juice.

http://www.ogio.com/product.php?product=170

It is described as a hybrid bag. It is bigger and roomier than most stand bags, but still fairly light and has a stand. I am unable to walk most of the time, but I have seen too many people drop their bags into their cars for me to not have a stand, beside the convenience of the stand at the driving range.

I don't expect to receive it until the end of the week, and I can't wait. I am replacing an original Ping Hoofer from YEARS ago!!!
I had to order online because I had a big gift certificate to use that I could only use online.

Ron

Stay away from Callaway X series bags. Had plenty of room when I bought it..... yeah......
Driver: R9 460
3 Wood: Big Bertha Diablo 3D
Hybrid: Rapture 24
Irons: X-22's 4-AW
Wedges: X Forged 58/10Putter: Black Series Tour Design #2 (Righty)Balls: Pro V1x Penta TP

Ogio Edge.

'Nuff said.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

This bag is what you need! I LOVE mine! Check out reviews on the link too.

http://www.discountgolfworld.com/pro...sq-silver.html
Nike Tour Sasquatch. Everything you asked for and some more. At least give it a look. DGW has it for a good price in plenty of different color combos.

LOL I did not get to this post. Pit I totally agree. It was like he described it in his OP.

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

In my mind, this is the best bag out there. Comfy to carry and a lot pockets for you goodies including an insulated cooler pocket. Even has a water proof pocket for your water sensitive accessories. It also has very convieniently positioned handles.

Irons - nike.gif Forged Blades / Project X 7.0

Driver - nike.gif VR Pro Ltd. Edition 8.5° / FUBUKI Alpha 70x

Wood - nike.gif SQ 3+ 13° / Stock Diamana S-Flex
Wedges - cleveland.gif Tour Action Gunmetal Reg 588 54° & 60° / DG S400
Putter - White Hot XG 2-Ball F7

Bag - nike.gif SQ Tour Carry

As said the "Nike SQ Tour Carry" mentioned above is the bag with the features you aksed for, has 14 way full length dividers, sits great on a golf cart (pull cart too) and stands well on it's legs or upright, it also has more than enough pockets and pouches and a great strap for carrying, oh and it is light as well :)

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

Picked this Titleist up last week and really dig it. Got the all black one. Looks sporty and is well laid out. It has a quick zip for the stand legs when you put it on a cart so they are not in the way, a handy pen pocket that is easily reachable, and a nice putter well. The quality feels nice! Super easy to carry on your back as well. http://www.titleist.com/accessories/...gs/premium.asp Almost forgot... it has a drink pocket with stainless steel drainage hole so you can keep ice in it as well.
Driver: Cobra AMP 10.5* w/ orange Diamana Whiteboard, 3 Wood: TourEdge Exotics Trilogy 15*
Hybrid : TourEdge Exotics Trilogy 3I
Irons: Mizuno JPX800PRO 5-GW
Wedges: Vokey SM 56*, 64*, Cobra Big Trusty Rusty 55*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S 43"

http://www.titleist.com/accessories/...y_standbag.asp

I have the Premium Titleist stand bag since I walk most of the time...Great bag....Lightweight, Comfortable & very durable....

What's in my Stand Bag.....
Driver: 909 D2 8.5 Graphite Design YS-6
3-Wood: 904 F 15 Rifle Shaft
Irons: 2-PW 690 MB Blades
Wedges:Spin Milled 54 & 58 degreePutter: TeI3 Newport LongneckBalls: Pro-V1xFavorite Golfer: Nick Watney

I've been shopping for a new bag as well, so I've been doing some research.

I think that the Nike SQ Tour stand bag would suit you well. The 14 full length dividers are very nice and it has a ton of pockets and such. I really like the way the legs deploy and it feels really sturdy when you set it down. I'm also a big fan of the cooler pouch. It comes in some pretty good looking color combos as well.

I'd also take a look at the OGIO Grom. It matches up with the Nike on pockets and features, but doesn't have the 14 dividers. However, the Grom has a specific spot for your putter which I like, and also I personally like to drape an arm over my clubs when I walk to keep them quiet and it works better with the Grom's divider system than with Nike's system. I also think that the Grom has some "cooler" features than than the Nike. The zipperless ball pocket and ball silo both add to the cool factor. Not to mention I love some of the color schemes. As far as functionality, I think the Nike's legs feel more reliable and it stands sturdier. I also liked the carry system on the Nike better than OGIO. It just felt more comfortable.

If you ride 95% of the time, I'd recommend the Nike. I think the 14 full length dividers would make the biggest difference. If you're simply looking for a good bag that is functional with a lot of features, I'd recommend the Nike. I think the Nike might be the better overall bag, but I'm having a hard time because that black plaid with red trim looks almost too good to pass up.

Note: This thread is 5058 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!