IGNORED

I can't stand...

Ben
Note: This thread is 5703 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Judy Rankin! Her drull voice drives me off the wall. It makes me want to change the channel when I hear her lame-ass. She offers absolutely no insight either.

On the other hand, I love the team of Zinger and Faldo. Those dudes are great!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I love Nick Faldo, but I'm not a huge Azinger fan. Now that Faldo's on the team, Azinger seems to be trying his hand at humor and it's not working for me. While they're nowhere near as good as Fehrety/McCord, I'd much rather listen to them than Johnny Miller!!

I concur, Kiran. Judy is just as dull as can be. The post-match interview with Tiger should have tried to capture his disappointment a little better, not ask him five straight times if he thought his putting was bad. She's an idiot.

I like the team they have put together and I especially enjoy Mike Tirico. He really can work an audience.

• Administrator
I can't stand McCord.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Judy Rankin! Her drull voice drives me off the wall. It makes me want to change the channel when I hear her lame-ass. She offers absolutely no insight either.

The whole ABC crew with the exception of Nick Faldo should all be fired. How u feel about Judy, i feel about Tirico. Next time u watch golf on ABC, listen to his announcing very closely. All he ever announces are numbers and name of events. it will drive u up the wall. the guy has such dry personality. i hate it when ABC covers any golf tournament. CBS....how coverage should be NBC....not to far off....i like Johnny ABC....pleez fire mike tirico

• Administrator
The whole ABC crew with the exception of Nick Faldo should all be fired. How u feel about Judy, i feel about Tirico. Next time u watch golf on ABC, listen to his announcing very closely. All he ever announces are numbers and name of events. it will drive u up the wall. the guy has such dry personality. i hate it when ABC covers any golf tournament.

That's his job. In baseball or football, he's the play-by-play guy. The others are the "color" commentators. I don't particularly like his voice - it gets annoyingly high-pitched sometimes - but I won't begrudge him for doing his job.

Tirico's job is to set the stage, then hand it off to the people who are paid to be insightful or funny.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I can't remember the name of the guy who interviews the players after they finish but he asked Adam Scott the stupidest question the other day. He said "You lost to Tiger in extra holes in this even a couple of years ago. Is that the best thing to ever happen to you?"

Adam Scott looked at him like he was some kind of idiot and said "no I don't think so."

I do like McCord though.

I can't remember the name of the guy who interviews the players after they finish but he asked Adam Scott the stupidest question the other day. He said "You lost to Tiger in extra holes in this even a couple of years ago. Is that the best thing to ever happen to you?"

Sounds like something Jim Gray would ask...

I want to take it back to the good old days of Ken Venturi, Pat Summerall, and that English dude Ben Wright.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• Administrator
Sounds like something Jim Gray would ask...

With or without the comments about women's breasts getting in the way of their swings?

I'd take him with... so long as he amended his statement to include "but boobs don't seem to bother Phil Mickelson." Summerall and Venturi were good. The voices of golf. If McCord is "the voice of golf" I want to play another game.

That would be the moron that is Jim Gray. Here's a good site with probably the

biggest blunder of his career. I'm not saying I'm a huge fan of Pete Rose, but what Gray does to players is just flat out stupid, a monkey with a typewriter could come up with better questions that Gray does.

On a lighter note, how about Faldo today, I was cracking up at some of his comments
  • Motocross rider out there somewhere revving the throttle inspired by Azinger's grip
  • Rubbing in his ace at the Ryder Cup in Azinger's face
    Faldo: "You neve did celebrate with us (Europeans)"
    Azinger: "I think i said nice shot"
    Faldo: "You said it now"
  • On Tom's 8 foot put to close out Mickelson (which that jerk wouldn't conceed), "Pure, slow stroke, 8 feet, 2 putts for the win, can he do it."
  • My personal favorite, "There is a frog with a coconut on his head in that pond" in regards to Jay Haas' miracle skip shot across the water against Vijay

Love him, even though most of his comments seem to be at Azinger's expense. Looks like there's still quite a bit of history resurfacing between the two.

I really like how funny those two (Nick and Paul) are during those trivia spots they show every once in a while.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• 1 month later...
I couldn't agree more about Mike Tirico, always stats & the same stories over & over again. I have a great deal of difficulty listening to him.

• Administrator
I couldn't agree more about Mike Tirico, always stats & the same stories over & over again. I have a great deal of difficulty listening to him.

Luckily Tirico has some good sidekicks.

• 3 years later...

Wow, this thread has come full circle. We've got Faldo and Zinger as Ryder Cup Captains and I can't watch any of it, because we've also got that insanely lame Judy Rankin commentating. AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Note: This thread is 5703 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!