IGNORED

I finally got to the range

Note: This thread is 4185 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, after a several year layoff from golf I finally got out to a driving range at lunch today. Threw a couple old drivers in the car this morning in the hopes I'd be able to get out of the building.

For not having hit anything with a golf club except for the occasional snowball for several years I was happy with how it went today. I took a mat in the middle and kept everything fairly well down the middle for the most part. A few stubs and dribbles but no shank shots or sky balls. It was warm and windy out so I broke a pretty good sweat too.
A few shots went left, a few right, a few got caught by the wind and went further right, but there were no obvious slices or banana balls. Towards the bottom of the bucket I got out my cell phone and took some three-shot sequences from behind/right by setting the phone up against a bench leg. I've never video taped my swing before. My first reaction and self-critique was "caveman golf" and that I probably need to work on my posture. Too many years bent over a drafting board and then sitting in front of a CAD monitor. It was interesting to see that I at least have the clubhead probably pointing in the right direction when the swing completes. And I probably need to slow down my tempo some and hold the finish a little longer since I looked a little rushed.

I'll have to see if I can upload the vids to youtube somehow. Do you folks like to see the video face-on or from behind the ball or both?

Anyway overall I did better than I thought I would as far as getting the ball downrange and somewhere within a fairway width.

Not quite sure how to link to vids and it's a game to view them with my flash impaired phone, but in any case here is my video from earlier today.

Critique away

I'll work on improving my video taking as well....

For someone that has not hit in a few years thats thats a pretty impressive swing,i would just work on tempo at the moment.Looks good.Don't get caught
up in to many mechanics yet.

I'll have to see if I can upload the vids to youtube somehow. Do you folks like to see the video face-on or from behind the ball or both?

Both

- Camera at hip height - Sunny, more light - Camera in middle of stance for face on view - Camera between ball and feet for down the line view

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks. I need to rig up a holder for our pocket video camera since it doesn't have a tripod mount, I'll probably just bend up some paper clips into a stand for it or the cell phone.

My game is really inconsistent so that's what I need to focus on. I appreciate the comments, thanks.

Note: This thread is 4185 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!