IGNORED

My Golf Swing (tterrag)

Note:Β This thread is 3611 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Awesome swing, that driver swing is nuts. You get good extension then it just drops and the angle you have between the shaft and your arms is crazy. You must just destroy the ball.

If i was you, i would keep at, we will look for you on tour in 3-4 years.

I like the concepts of understanding feel rather than swing thoughs. Its better than thinking, "I need to get this club there," rather than whats the feel at the moment that lcubs there. Thats easier to represent in a golf swing, i think. Though i don't personaly care much for keeping the right arm closer to the body, its not something i grew up doing. But it works for you. I like right elbow to come off the body, were my right arm forms a 90 degree angle. If my wrist don't collapse at the top of the swing, i know i am at parallel. The pivot is tough to get, the weight transfer is very imporant. I like to feel like i am tucking my right hip back. but i wont collapse my left knee away from the ball. This stops me from turning my hips to much. But i get into a bad habit of not turning my hips and just lifting my arms. But at the top of my swing the hips are 45 degrees from the target line.

THe belt buckle is a nice mental image. For feel, i like to feel that my left hip is tucking in, rotating around my spine on the downswing, maybe initiate it first before the downswing. This lets me clear my hips, for me this gets my weight over to the left side easier because then i am not sliding my hips out from other me.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

This thread is a great example of how everyone can improve. Pros can improve, bogey golfers can improve, and a guy who's a +2 and is relying on athleticism more than necessary (or for the wrong reasons) can improve too.

First, I doubt you're 100% in love with the bent left arm at impact - you've had to shorten the radius and it's bound to be more inconsistent than a straight left arm.

Second, you could push forward more (bottom row). It's the lack of pushing forward and getting the weight almost to the outside of the left foot that causes your hips to basically stall out from P6 to P8 - they barely rotate in a region during which you want the fastest rotation.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Absolutely beautiful. You swing reminds me of Rory McIlroy. Lots of lag and very technically sound. Also, the points that your coach focuses on, pivot and hinging is spot on.

I also love how your right heel just barely comes up and rolls towards the target during impact. Fantastic stuff

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5degΒ GD Tour AD DI7xΒ | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLKΒ Hybrid: 20deg,Β Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 ShaftΒ | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg |Β Scotty Cameron California Del MarΒ | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Dude your swing looks so much better in the last video than the first, looks like better plane and a slightly smoother transition.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19Β° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Thanks guys for all the great comments. I really appreciate it. Also, iacus, what your pointed out as flaws in my swing is exactly what I fixed today in my lesson. My weight shift, and my left arm is straighter now that I don't dip my head down. Also, I worked on coming more on top of it, or that is what it feels like to me. I will be posting a more recent video again tomorrow hopefully. So happy this spring break is allowing me to get all of this work down on my swing, three lessons, so I'm looking forward to my tournament this week. I will also post a video of me playing a whole hole since that was a request.
Thanks,
Garrett

Driver: 909 D3
3 Wood: 909 F3 13
Rescue: 909 17
Irons: AP2 3-PW
Wedges 58 degree and 52 Spin Milled (oil can) Newport 2(custom shop):taylormade: TP Penta 4-Under Golf Bag (Red/White)

Olde Atlanta Country Club, 9th fairway. Where you a member at?

I'm not a member anywhere, but (as my location bar would suggest) you and I probably aren't that far apart. I've never played Olde Atlanta, but I've caught glimpses of the course as I've driven through the neighborhood a few times. I actually thought the course in question was Towne Lake in Woodstock, which was built around the same time and by the same designer, explaining the resemblance.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5Β° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17Β° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20Β° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60Β° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Oh, cool. Ya its an ok course. Actually starting to turn green!

Wedges 58 degree and 52 Spin Milled (oil can) Newport 2(custom shop):taylormade: TP Penta 4-Under Golf Bag (Red/White)

Newest swing.

Thanks,
Garrett

Very excellent, looks solid. If i had to guess, its hard from this angle, but do you feel like your hips are sliding a bit, or that you are hanging back on the ball at impact? Because i noticed in the images above that you could be a bit more stacked on the left side at impact, but its really close and thats nit picking a bit. I am sure you can live with that swing and work on course management, putting, chipping and really get good...

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

You fixed a bent left arm, lack of weight shift, head dip and better thrust through the ball on one day?

On a side note, any chance you could let the original audio stick to the video? I don't really need to hear some pop song play when I see you swing the club. No sound, or the sound of the video would be better.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot ProΒ | Callaway X-Utility 3iΒ | Mizuno MX-700 23ΒΊ | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15ΒΊ | Titleist 910 D2 9,5ΒΊ | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Very excellent, looks solid. If i had to guess, its hard from this angle, but do you feel like your hips are sliding a bit, or that

Ya, thats my problem, because I used to hang back and flip my hands, so my natural shot was a draw. But now I have really worked hard and changed my swing, so thats my mistake.

Pw(130-135) 9(140-150) 8(150-160) 7(160-170) 6(170-182) 5(185-195) 4(195-208) 3(210-222)

Well, I just switched coaches, and its unbelievable. I'm so close to really just starting to light it up. Like 73=bad, 70=ok 65=good and 62=great. He has really helped me a lot. My swing used to be really loopy, like Sergio's ld swing. Now I have really improved my swing. Lessons are really good, but they aren't a crutch.

one more thought about the pause, it's what I go to when I'm losing my swing, getting too fast. It works for me most of the time, but it can give you time to lose your swing!! (big blocks etc).. I started doing it when trying to learn how to hit off of dirt/bare lies (our fairways used to get ZERO water) and it really improved my striking.

Also, Vijay started using this technique a few years ago. Works for him...

Big Bertha 454, 10* reg
904F, 15* Dynamic Gold S300
Tour Special, 18* reg
DCI 962, 3-PW, Dynamic Gold R300
X tour wedges, 52* and 56* 8881 putter Pro V1's for the momentBlogging my "Quest for single digits" every week.

Ya, it really helps me when I have a pressure situation in a tournament. Thanks.

Note:Β This thread is 3611 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!