IGNORED

My Golf Swing (tterrag)

Note: This thread is 3611 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. Thanks

Driver: 909 D3
3 Wood: 909 F3 13
Rescue: 909 17
Irons: AP2 3-PW
Wedges 58 degree and 52 Spin Milled (oil can) Newport 2(custom shop):taylormade: TP Penta 4-Under Golf Bag (Red/White)

no ditch the swing and keep the music...LOL...just kidding obviously. Great swing just keep working at it.

In my bag:
MP 57's 4-PW KBS Stiff
Ping G 20 10.5* Stiff
Taylormade V Steel 3 and 5 wood

Bridgestone J33 R Hybrid 21* NV Shaft
Mizuno MP Quad Cut 52* and 56* Spinner Shafts

Scotty Cameron Newport Two TeI3

HAHA thanks.

Wedges 58 degree and 52 Spin Milled (oil can) Newport 2(custom shop):taylormade: TP Penta 4-Under Golf Bag (Red/White)

This may seem like a silly question coming from a 13 to a +2, but are you working on getting some movement into your swing? Apparently, Tiger moves about 8 inches in his swing (I think they mean his hip-slide, upper body etc)
In the side on view of your driver, it looks like you swing 'on the spot', not moving back, or forward laterally in your swing...

Big Bertha 454, 10* reg
904F, 15* Dynamic Gold S300
Tour Special, 18* reg
DCI 962, 3-PW, Dynamic Gold R300
X tour wedges, 52* and 56* 8881 putter Pro V1's for the momentBlogging my "Quest for single digits" every week.

• 4 weeks later...

*UPDATE* (Note the slow swing speed)

Awesome swing

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thank you. Just need to groove my tempo.

That first swing is Ernie Els smooth. How does your driver swing look now?

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Very impressive!

How do you score in AJGA events?

Keep it up!

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

That first swing is Ernie Els smooth. How does your driver swing look now?

Thats what I was going for, and I will put a driver swing on soon.

Very impressive!

Thanks! Well I haven't done particularly well in them, a few top 15s, nothing good, but I have an upcoming AJGA June 1st. (hoping my new tempo will fix my swing, because thats the only thing holding me back atm, last tournament 80% scrambling but shot 77, 77!)

• 2 weeks later...
*Update*
After recently re-reading the book "Golf's Sacred Journey", I have started using a process called SFT( See it, feel it, trust it). First, I see the shot, next I feel the shot(a waggle at setup or practice swing) then I finally let it go and trust it. This process has helped me tremendously, it helps me focus and keep control of my game(no more doubles-triples). Hope this helps you guys, and I highly recommend the book.

*Update*

Uhh, please give me a more elaborate explanation. Today I shot TWELVE OVER ON 9 HOLES, so I need to work on the swing, badly.

• 3 weeks later...
You visualize your shot, ( height, shape, trajectory, finish). Next feel the shot (feel the moves necessary to hit that shot). Lastly, trust in your ability and swing and hit the ball with confidence.

• 2 weeks later...
Going to put new vids on today. Gone bak to my more natural swing. My golf game really suffered trying to search for the "textbook" swing.

Gone back to my more natural swing. My golf game really suffered trying to search for the "textbook" swing.

Now your talking!!! Smart move. With all the assistance and advice you learned a lot about angles and results... however, everyone and every body type can't have the same textbook swing that some folks seem to think is a fix-all for everyone.

You visualize your shot, ( height, shape, trajectory, finish). Next feel the shot (feel the moves necessary to hit that shot). Lastly, trust in your ability and swing and hit the ball with confidence.

I did this with my putting last time out and it made a big difference. I also did it with difficult shots, all of which went well. Sometimes it is easy to forget with an "easy" shot (good lie, yardage, etc).

And very nice swing man. I have been making some big improvements with mine and plan to post up the progress as I continue.

Note: This thread is 3611 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!