IGNORED

Official 2010 Masters Thread

Alex B
Note: This thread is 5135 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tommy Watson!!! Sandy, Freddie and Bernard! Bring on the greats!!

Driver 907 D2 9.5 deg driver. Stiff V2
3 wood Burner Bubble Firesole Steel-Tungsten R-80
Irons fat shaft 02H
Wedge vokey Oil can 56 Degree
Lob Wedge 588 RTG 60 Degree Putter Cushin 1975 ballsh pro v1

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i love the people cheering tiger..what a country

Superlight Stand Bag
909D2 9.5° Diamana S
909F2 15.5° Diamana S
909F2 18.5° Diamana S
AP2 Project X 5.5 3-PW Vokey Spin Milled 52° 56° 60° Studio Select Newport 2 Pro V1Home Course - http://www.huronoaks.com (Home of Mike Weir)

i hear they've got bingo and arts and crafts going on in butler cabin.

Man, there should be a smiley that's laughing hysterically, because when I read this, I literally laughed out loud. Well said, sir

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

Watched "Live at the Masters" tonight and heard hardly a word about AK. They talked about everyone else, but hardly mentioned AK. I'm hoping AK wins myself. It would be good for golf if a young gun wins and it would boost AK's confidence for more Major wins. Lot of feel good stories today, but AK's my "hope he wins" pick.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

Watched "Live at the Masters" tonight and heard hardly a word about AK. They talked about everyone else, but hardly mentioned AK. I'm hoping AK wins myself. It would be good for golf if a young gun wins and it would boost AK's confidence for more Major wins. Lot of feel good stories today, but AK's my "hope he wins" pick.

This morning ESPN, Golf Channel, and the video feeds on masters.com were giving him a pretty good bit of attention, especially on that great chip. Once everything started happening with the late groups, all the attention turned there permanently. Though I'd really like to see Tiger win, it would be awesome if AK took the green jacket. It would certainly take his career to the next level, and I agree that it would be good for the game if he wins.

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

Well I gave it 50/50 chance Tiger missed the cut. Now I think he wins it. I watched him ace the shot (on TV live) in Phoenix Open number 16 in his rookie year. US Open at Torrey Pines. Well sorry he has "it". No doubt about it. Best 1st round ever for him at the Masters today with ALL that pressure. I would have never called it beforehand.......but I am now. He is gonna lap em'!!!!

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

Man, there should be a smiley that's laughing hysterically, because when I read this, I literally laughed out loud. Well said, sir

lol... yeah, i found it pretty hilarious as well. i'm not one to usually laugh at my own jokes, though. but glad i could give you some humor.

Yeah I saw the early coverage of AK myself, but on LATM show he hardly got a word and no footage of his round. I'm not a Tiger hater, but the coverage on him is aready getting old. Way to much of it. Guess that's what sells though. GO AK!!!

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

Did anybody see how far back Tiger's balance was on that shot he missed super-left on Thursday? It was definitely an inch or so further back than on his good swings. I know if I stand on my heels instead of my shoelaces I really struggle with missing left. Before he took a swing, I knew something was up with his posture. I called it going way left. But I didn't get a chance to put some money down, so it doesn't count !

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

• Administrator
i love the people cheering tiger..what a country

Yeah, people cheering the best golfer they've seen in 30 years or so while he's playing golf and shooting 68. What a bunch of idiots.

Well I gave it 50/50 chance Tiger missed the cut.

Not your brightest moment, eh?

You do know he's never finished outside the top 25 at Augusta as a pro, right?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Gotta give Chris Rock his props. He called it on Tiger on Letterman. Hilarious. I thought Woods would make the cut, but barely. I eat my words. That 20-30 yard? hook on the front par 5 was ... I'mmm baacckkk!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I'm going to say it, Tiger's first round may be the greatest round of golf ever played. Tiger hasn't played competitively in months, and he returns to one of golf's finest stages, with howling winds and blowing leaves, and he's pulling off 200-yd curling hooks and making birdies and eagles, and playing right alongside all of these other players that "had such momentum" from their already playing in five tournaments this year. Ernie, Phil, AK....all playing well, all with momentum, all 'finding their game' and favored to win by many, and here comes Tiger - after five months of his life being a wreck, a circus, a disaster, constant media fodder - jumping right into their fray, and shooting his LOWEST first round at Augusta ever. The guy's won it FOUR times, and THIS round.......THIS year......he shoots his best first round ever?? Are you kidding me?!?

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

It seemed to me that Tiger is benefiting from the time away in that he's not trying to hit every shot as it would ideally be hit. He was at a point where whatever shot was perfect for the situation he would try to hit it, which is understandable when you're the best in the world.

But after this time away I think he understands that his game isn't at that level right now. So he'll play a cut even if the ideal shape is a draw or something because he knows he can hit it. Very smart, and probably could do him some good to play that way all the time.

Although, as evidenced by that 30 yd. banana around the trees, he still clearly possesses the ability to make the ball do whatever he needs it too.

The bag:

Driver: Taylormade R7 Limited (10.5*)
3-wood: Taylormade R7 st (15*)
5-wood: Titleist 909 F2(18.5*)Irons: Taylormade RAC TP MB; Project-X 6.0 (3-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 52.08 Vokey Spin-Milled 58.12Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour #1 (33")Ball: Titleist ProV1

I haven't read this entire thread, but you have to think Woods getting back on the course is a relief for him. A comfort zone. All these months away from the course, despite all that's happened, he's kind of refreshed. But let's see how his remaining rounds go.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I'm going to say it, Tiger's first round may be the greatest round of golf ever played. Tiger hasn't played competitively in months, and he returns to one of golf's finest stages, with howling winds and blowing leaves, and he's pulling off 200-yd curling hooks and making birdies and eagles, and playing right alongside all of these other players that "had such momentum" from their already playing in five tournaments this year. Ernie, Phil, AK....all playing well, all with momentum, all 'finding their game' and favored to win by many, and here comes Tiger - after five months of his life being a wreck, a circus, a disaster, constant media fodder - jumping right into their fray, and shooting his LOWEST first round at Augusta ever. The guy's won it FOUR times, and THIS round.......THIS year......he shoots his best first round ever?? Are you kidding me?!?

WHOA! Calm down there, tiger... Its not even the best round he has played, let alone all time. Might have been one of his most important rounds, but i can go anywhere near best of all time.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Beyond his game, I for one will say I was happy when i saw him nearly slam the driver into the ground in anger after a drive into the trees. And seeing him drop clubs and yell at himself after a wicked pull.

People give him sh*t over that but I don't understand why. It's inherent to his spirit as a competitor. I heard his press conference saying that he's going to try and tone it down, which could be good, but he said that the anger goes hand-in-hand with the intensity when he holes must have putts. And I seriously doubt that anyone wants to see Tiger just walk in a 15 footer to win a tournament then shake Stevie's hand, tip his cap, and walk off.

Good to see that he isn't trying too hard to be a friggin' stone out there. I'm expecting a solid F bomb at some point later in the week when he shanks one.

The bag:

Driver: Taylormade R7 Limited (10.5*)
3-wood: Taylormade R7 st (15*)
5-wood: Titleist 909 F2(18.5*)Irons: Taylormade RAC TP MB; Project-X 6.0 (3-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 52.08 Vokey Spin-Milled 58.12Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour #1 (33")Ball: Titleist ProV1

Ive got a feeling that today Tiger will shoot no better than 71

and also ouch!! after an awesome round yesterday Sandy Lyle is +10 through 9 today and at +7

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Note: This thread is 5135 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!