IGNORED

Too Good...

Note: This thread is 5120 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My friend wants a new set of A2s and he found this on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

We both think this is too good to be true... Is he protected through PayPal? Suggestions/Thoughts?

The link should give all the information needed... but here's a rundown...

New 2010 TITLEIST D3 FULL SET - Driver, f3 metal AP2 Irons
Custom Order! shafts,flex, Soctty Cameron putter. $1,150.
What's in the bag...

Driver --- G15 9* Aldila Serrano
3 Wood - Sumo2 15* Aldila NV
5 Wood - Versus 19* Mitsubishi Bassara 83Irons ---- X-Forged 4 - PWWedges - Vokey S.M. 52.08, 56.08 & 60.08Putter --- Futura PhantomBall ------ Tour i(s)

ummm...information, such as, how much they are going for? and who is selling them? would be beneficial here if you want to get opinions.

With that said, Ebay is generally a good place to buy just about anything relatively safely. When I buy I look for at least 99% feedback rating, a seller who has sold a lot of stuff in the past, a seller who has sold clubs before, and does the seller have a return policy.

More than 10 available, with a putter as well? Not to mention the seller has zero feedback....

Cleveland Launcher DST 10.5*

Ping G15 17*

Mizuno MP-53 4-PW with GS-95

Mizuno MPT-11 Black Nickel 52* and 58* with GS-95

Ping Redwood Anser

I guess the more appropriate question is how does this scam work? Do they send fakes or just nothing at all?
What's in the bag...

Driver --- G15 9* Aldila Serrano
3 Wood - Sumo2 15* Aldila NV
5 Wood - Versus 19* Mitsubishi Bassara 83Irons ---- X-Forged 4 - PWWedges - Vokey S.M. 52.08, 56.08 & 60.08Putter --- Futura PhantomBall ------ Tour i(s)

With no prior history on ebay I would be wary, but would just wait and see. If a couple other people buy from him and give him positive feedback, I would look into it. He claims to have a 14 day return timeframe, is located in the US, accepts paypal, and is still selling the set for over $1,000. Most scams try to sell a set like this for $5-600, do not take paypal, mis spell a lot of stuff, and are located in china.

You'd get clubs. In most cases they look amazingly real, but aren't. They can even work pretty good. If they didn't send anything at all, Ebay would cover you.

Edit: The question is, do you(or your friend) want Titleist clubs, or do you want people to think you have Titleist clubs?

Cleveland Launcher DST 10.5*

Ping G15 17*

Mizuno MP-53 4-PW with GS-95

Mizuno MPT-11 Black Nickel 52* and 58* with GS-95

Ping Redwood Anser

Well, the guy has like 25 items for sale and NO feedback?? Also, see no mention of the SC putter other than the head cover in the pic. I'd send a inquiry in to ebay as a concern and see what they have to say! I would definitely NOT send a seller a $1000 who has NO feedback!!!!!!

I say this is an easy one. . . . SCAM!!! RUN!!!!

In my Nike SasQuatch Staff Bag:
Driver: Callaway FT-IQ 9.5 Stiff
Irons: Ping G5 4-P
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 56*, Cleveland bent to 49*
Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey
Ball: Srizon Z-Star Yellow
Range: SkyCaddie 2.5

You'd get clubs. In most cases they look amazingly real, but aren't. They can even work pretty good. If they didn't send anything at all, Ebay would cover you.

Dont count on ebay refunding your money. I got ripped off several years ago buying a part for a friend, though that was before everyone had paypal. It was just $10 but it really pissed me off. With zero feedback, id steer clear of this person, feedback is important on ebay because its really the only way you know a seller is reputable.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

• Administrator
Several months ago we had a stickie that said something like "please don't ask about whether xx or yy is a scam - just use common sense." Please, let's not give reasons to re-instate that stickie notice.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Is it from BHM Golf? Sorry, but I still hold a grudge.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

This guy has 31 things for sale and NOT A SINGLE one has a bid, definitely a scam. If I was close to bidding on any item, I'd email ebay and let them check him out first!!

Well, the guy has like 25 items for sale and NO feedback?? Also, see no mention of the SC putter other than the head cover in the pic. I'd send a inquiry in to ebay as a concern and see what they have to say! I would definitely NOT send a seller a $1000 who has NO feedback!!!!!!

Maybe but everyone has to start somewhere with feedback

This is typically accomplished by purchases or by giving a good deal, complete with actual photos. Many of the eBay stores started as garage/clearance sales and later, once they gained the reputation, moved up to selling their standard wares too.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

"Please Choose: These are replicas!"

Doesnt "Replica" mean fake...???

In my Sport II cart bag or my R9 stand bag
Irons-Tour burner R/5-Sw,60 lob wedge z groove
Driver-R9 Supertri R/10.5
09 Hybrid #3 R/19
09 Hybrid #4 R/22Putter-Method 001,Length : 34 Ball-Those round white ones...

True, just a lil "out of the morn" for a guy to "start" with 31 items and yet nothing has a single bid!

"Please Choose: These are replicas!"

I think that line has been added recently!!!! Wow, definitely fakes!!!

Note: This thread is 5120 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!