IGNORED

My Swing (saevel25)

saevel25

Still trying to think about why I was hitting a hook today. I know ball flight laws, the clubface was way too closed compared to the swing path. I am going to go for more on the clubface this time, than swing path. Usually with the swing path, the ball starts somewhat right because it's extreme in to out, and the face can actually aim right of target and still hook. These shots were all starting straight or starting left and hooking. They were not snap hooks, they were about half my normal ball flight and hooking left.

So I decided to take my most recent driver swing, and take a look at it compared to one of the better Drivers on tour, Adam Scott.

Set up, Way too much weight on the heels. Need to get less upright and more over the ball. My body lines are good. I just think I am way too much to far back on my heels. Also my head could be down more.

This is just butt ugly right here. How the hell I find ball from this position is crazy, but yea. Ever wonder if you can hit a ball from a standing upright position, YOU CAN!! Just wonder if this has to do with set up position or not. I could do with  ALOT more knee flex in this position. Arm position isn't bad, the body is horribly positioned.

Well we found ball here. Looks to be slightly on the heel, but felt in the center on that shot. I hit a pretty good draw on it. Honestly the arm position is good. I just have no spine tilt at all. Hips need to be more open.

Now can these positions cause me to hit a hook. I am thinking from a too upright position I could get the club too upright and turn it over easier. My best guess. It really did feel like I was just getting the club closed at impact. Like if I set up, and turned the clubface about 10 degrees closed and then swung with a neutral swing path. Hooding the ball.

Yea, I think I need to get the weight more equally on the balls of my feet, and I can probably do for more squating in the downswing (more knee flex).

Thoughts from anyone who has more knowledge on this than me are welcome to advice!! :beer:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Goat humping tends to send the path to the right.

You know the ball flight laws.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Don't goat hump, got it!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Don't goat hump, got it!

Ummm... that definitely sounds like great advice. :blink:

- Shane

I don't know how I keep scores away from bogey golf. Ball striking is ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!

Everything feels off. I got no timing at all. I know I have issues with loosing my tush line (goat humping). When I try to take practice swings when I keep a bit more flex in the front knee to try to combat this, I get very steep and hit chunky practice swing. Just don't know the right sequence for this move right now. When I try to let my arms drop first, then fire the hips I get flippy. When I don't do this, I get the extension too early and catch things slightly thin.

My best shot of the night, on the last drive I didn't try to feel overly knee flex, like adding it, but more just maintaining it. It was slightly better, less squatty. I also remembered to look down at the ball more, less down the bridge of my nose, and that seemed to help keep me over the ball better.

Just really confused as to what I need to feel when it comes to this move through impact.

I also need to keep working on my swing length. I would bet a lot of money it was overswinging tonight.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator

I don't know how I keep scores away from bogey golf. Ball striking is ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!

Everything feels off. I got no timing at all. I know I have issues with loosing my tush line (goat humping). When I try to take practice swings when I keep a bit more flex in the front knee to try to combat this, I get very steep and hit chunky practice swing. Just don't know the right sequence for this move right now. When I try to let my arms drop first, then fire the hips I get flippy. When I don't do this, I get the extension too early and catch things slightly thin.

My best shot of the night, on the last drive I didn't try to feel overly knee flex, like adding it, but more just maintaining it. It was slightly better, less squatty. I also remembered to look down at the ball more, less down the bridge of my nose, and that seemed to help keep me over the ball better.

Just really confused as to what I need to feel when it comes to this move through impact.

I also need to keep working on my swing length. I would bet a lot of money it was overswinging tonight.

The same piece I told you about in March… pivot left and up.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The same piece I told you about in March… pivot left and up.

I think I get the pivot up, better than I get the pivot left.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

A video of me practicing getting my hips more open. In this drill I preset my hips open more at impact, letting my right foot bank and have the heel slightly come off the ground. I then pump the club and fire through keeping my arms extended outward holding the finish.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Todays round is described as misopportunities. +5, 41 Three 3 putts, one from 5 feet. Had 35 yards to the green on one hole and i left it 5 yards short of the green. Was really good off the tee.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Todays round is described as misopportunities.

+5, 41

Three 3 putts, one from 5 feet. Had 35 yards to the green on one hole and i left it 5 yards short of the green. Was really good off the tee.

You mimicked my round from last weekend.  Most GIR (13) and nGIR (15)  I've ever had, yet a very mediocre return (81) thanks to a couple bad tee balls and 4 (4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) 3-putts!! :doh:

Todays round is described as misopportunities. +5, 41 Three 3 putts, one from 5 feet. Had 35 yards to the green on one h[quote name="Golfingdad" url="/t/34167/my-swing-saevel25/504#post_1040562"]You mimicked my round from last weekend.  Most GIR (13) and nGIR (15)  I've ever had, yet a very mediocre return (81) thanks to a couple bad tee balls and 4 (4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) 3-putts!! :doh: [/quote] Yea I had 7 actual Greens in Regulation! That three putt from 5 feet was horrible. Birdie putt, and I pull and just jack the putt 5 feet past the hole. Then I miss the next putt. On hole 15 I was 35 yards from the pin. I leave it 2 yards short of the green. I know I can't put the ball above the pin, the back of this green is pretty much near the critical slope. I did, I chipped it to about 7 feet above the hole. Then I proceed to tap the putt to about 6 feet past the hole. Its one of those putts were it is nearly impossible to get the ball to stop with in 5 feet. Then I miss the putt back up the hill. The next hole I get on the green in 3 (par 5), and I 3 putt from 30 feet. Putter just KILLED me today.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Three 3 putts, one from 5 feet.

Ouch. Hurts just to read that.

That three putt from 5 feet was horrible. Birdie putt, and I pull and just jack the putt 5 feet past the hole. Then I miss the next putt.

Knowing the details makes it hurt even more.

#capturespeed

:-P

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Ouch. Hurts just to read that.

Knowing the details makes it hurt even more.

#capturespeed

I should have that engraved on my putter head, #capturespeed

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

I should have that engraved on my putter head, #capturespeed

Make the backswing and followthrough equal in length DOESN'T MEAN IF YOUR 5 FEET FROM THE HOLE YOU NEED TO HIT FIVE FEET PAST THE HOLE!

:-P

Just ****in' with ya.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Make the backswing and followthrough equal in length DOESN'T MEAN IF YOUR 5 FEET FROM THE HOLE YOU NEED TO HIT FIVE FEET PAST THE HOLE!

Just ****in' with ya.

I think I accelerated through the ball on that putt!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

I think I accelerated through the ball on that putt!

Ha Ha, I'd say so. :-$

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Much better contact tonight.

Shot a +2 37, should had been at least a -1

Driver: Lots of push draws tonight, so things getting better

Irons were pretty solid. Sometimes I still loose my balance through a shot trying to get the hip thing going, and I catch a few iron shots thin from time to time.

Putting was mixed bag.

1-putts: 2

3-putts: 3

2-putts: 4

I three putted again from inside of 5 feet. Just jacked a putt 4 feet past the hole, and missed the 4 footer coming back. Just pissing me off. I am hitting my starting line, but just hitting them WAY too hard.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag