IGNORED

Golf: Obsession, passion, addiction, other?

srjorion
Note: This thread is 5135 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

the real question is, Golf or sex?

I pity the woman (or man) who poses that question to his/her golfing spouse.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

I'm all of the above as well...its a healthy addiction?..?! lol...I literally want to quit after a round and come morning, im ready for tee time...

ogio.gif Black/White Ozone Stand bag, Caddytek 13.5 Black/Red Push Cart

taylormade.gif RBZ Tour 9* Stiff / ping.gifRapture 3 'metal' Titanium 14* Stiff Aldila Proto VS 'By You'
adams.gif Hybrid A2 20*3 hybrid Stiff Aldila VS / ping.gifRapture Black Dot 4-PW Stiff / cleveland.gifWedges CG11 54* SW / taylormade.gif RAC 52*, 58*Wedge / odyssey.gif  33" White Hot XG

aficionado, I love everything about it.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

yeah its pretty sick......although like mentioned before, once winter hits, the tournaments are over etc..I dont think too much about it and rarely visit this site
once golf is "in the air" i get right into it

first round of the year is tomorrow...kinda nervous/excited...not sure which one
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Obsession and addiction are the perfect descriptors for my feelings towards golf.

The only thing I'm passionate about is my girlfriend.

Ok....and golf....

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

The answer to that question can be answered this way. After which are you immediately thinking about what you will do next time? After which can you decied to play again with almost no recovery time? Afte which do you spend 30 minutes rehashing the experience over the beverage of your choice? BF Skinner should have invented Golf, it fits almost any defination of operant conditoning I could think of. Really only a women can make you as crazy.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

I play Saturday and Sunday, sometimes 2 rounds on both days.
I go to the range 3 times a week.
I scrub my clubs before every round.
I buy 4 different Golf magazines a month.
I watch all 4 rounds of both the European and PGA tours every week.
I play Tiger Woods on the xbox, Wii Sport Golf, and Links 2003 (!) on the PC.
My Room is full of books like 'The illustrated history of the Ryder cup' and 'The Science of Golf'.
Most of my iPhone apps are Golf related and my laptop is full of swing videos, instruction videos and the official, 211 page R & A 'Rules of Golf'.

I'm not sure any of those words cover it.
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

I'm in complete Denial ... That's my story and I'm sticking to it ...

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

Note: This thread is 5135 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!