IGNORED

Oakley sunglasses

Note: This thread is 5093 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have a pair of Flak Jacket XLJ with the Gold Iridium lenses that I've been using for about a year now. The reason I wear them has nothing to do with them helping me on the course or for clarity/contrast issues but instead just to protect my eyes from UV rays.

I realized when I got my Oakleys how much I had been squinting in the sun previously. I remember how relaxed the muscles in my face were the first day I wore them. I wear them almost all the time if I'm driving or outdoors, and feel uncomfortable in the sun without them on now.

In my C-130 bag:

Driver: G10 10.5*
3 Wood: Burner
Irons: G10 steel AWT shafts, silver dot, +1" (3-SW)Wedge: cg12 58*Putters: Squareback 2, California Coronado Low score (18 holes): 90Low score (9 holes): 42

I wear Oakley half jackets....except when I'm golfing. For some reason I golf worse with sun glasses on (depth perception loss, I suspect) plus I'm never comfortable wearing a hat and sunglasses together. The golf lenses do make me wonder if I should try sunglasses on while golfing again (and just put up with being a little less comfortable).

What's in my bag?
Bigger Sticks....: Driver: ping.gif G15 9* Fairwayping.gif 4-wood  Hybrids: 4,5  taylormade.gif Rescue Dual
Smaller Sticks...: Irons:  ping.gif G15 5-PW Wedges: titleist.gif Vokey Wedges 48, 52, 56 degree
Flatter Stick......:  odyssey.gif 2-ball putter
Not a Stick.........: Ball:  titleist.gif Dt So/Lo or NXT Tour  Bag:  taylormade.gif Catalina clicgear.gif

I've had the Oakley Juliet Ducati for probably 4-5 years now, and have just replaced the stock lenses in them within the past 6-8 months. I went with the black iridium polarized, and now wish I had switched to a polarized lens a long time ago. I've worn them doing anything from golf to fishing to riding jet skis to biking. I dont go anywhere without them.

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

I where Oakley M-Frames anytime I play and the sun is beaming!
In my bag
Machspeed 9.5 Stiff
CrossBax 5 wood
Idea Tech 19* Hybrid
a3 22* Hybrid Slingshot 4D Graphite 5-AW Burner XD 56* & 60* Wedge Callie Putter e6+Home Course: www.dogwoodtracegolf.com

Love my Radar Range with the golf lens.

I need to find something that will help
them shed sweat in another month.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Oakley Juliet Ice lens..

In my Sport II cart bag or my R9 stand bag
Irons-Tour burner R/5-Sw,60 lob wedge z groove
Driver-R9 Supertri R/10.5
09 Hybrid #3 R/19
09 Hybrid #4 R/22Putter-Method 001,Length : 34 Ball-Those round white ones...

I used to wear oakleys, say in the early 1990's when I was racing bicycles....had interchangeable lenses for different kinds of weather. I then changed them out for Bolle's, with interchangeable lensa plus a preceription lense on the nosepiece. it was great for those 100 mile bicycle rides.

Now, with progressive lenses, I got a pair of WyleyX P-17's. They wrap around so the sun does'nt sneak in and blind you when your are teeing it up.

Just purchased Oakley Half Jacket XLS in black with black iridium lens...Can't wait to have them...Tested out my coworkers and amazed at how comfortable they are...I was sold!

ogio.gif Black/White Ozone Stand bag, Caddytek 13.5 Black/Red Push Cart

taylormade.gif RBZ Tour 9* Stiff / ping.gifRapture 3 'metal' Titanium 14* Stiff Aldila Proto VS 'By You'
adams.gif Hybrid A2 20*3 hybrid Stiff Aldila VS / ping.gifRapture Black Dot 4-PW Stiff / cleveland.gifWedges CG11 54* SW / taylormade.gif RAC 52*, 58*Wedge / odyssey.gif  33" White Hot XG

• 4 weeks later...
Ive been wearing oakleys since I was a BMX riding teenager, today (almost 10 years later) I own the minute (not 2.0) and half jacket

Oakley is awesome. I worn a pair of prescription Oakley sunglasses provided by my optician two years ago. I want to advise those people not to go for cheap sunglasses for the reason they think the glasses are trendy. Those cheap inferior sunglasses are actually damaging their eyes.

Oakley is awesome. I worn a pair of prescription Oakley sunglasses provided by my optician two years ago. I want to advise those people not to go for cheap sunglasses for the reason they think the glasses are trendy. Those cheap inferior sunglasses are actually damaging their eyes.

Agreed, You can go cheap with balls, But don't go cheap with your eye balls

I have been wearing some old e wires recently and seeing better scores after reading some articles about wearing glasses can aid concentration and focus, the only problem with them is getting them to feel comfortable when wearing a cap.

S83 Mid-size Tour bag
910D2 9.5º Aldila RIP Stiff C.3 setting
909F2 15.5º Diamana Stiff
909F3 18º Aldila VooDoo Stiff
909h 19º Diamana StiffAP2 4 iron  CB 710 5-PW KBS Tour stiff50º(bent to 52º) 56º54 60ºStudio select Newport 2 Pro V1

i don't have sunglasses but i have custom made oakley crowbars for snow that each pieces came from a different limited edition goggle that oakley made. i <3 them, the rep i met said if i had to pay for all my parts they would have cost well over $1000 considering all of them would have had to be special ordered plus i have 6 iridium/polarized lenses to go with them

|callaway.gif X460 Tour Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 73g | taylormade.gif 2i Rescue 11 |  3i HiBore Hybrid |  710 MB |  Wedge Works 48/06 |  cg12 52/08  | vokey.gifSpin Milled 56/11 | nike.gifSV Tour 60/10 | cameron.gif Studio Select Newport 2 34" |

rangefinder : LR550

Straight jacket and square wires, both with black iridium lenses - I like the straight jackets better, but truthfully it's whatever I grab/happens to be in my car when I'm going to the course. Only downside is the f'ed up tan line I end up with on my face

3W - Sumo2 Graphite R Flex
19*, 22* 08 Tour Burner Rescue Graphite R Flex
5-PW - Slingshot OSS
56*, 60* - CG11
Putter - White Hot XG RossieBall: Whatever's on sale

Note: This thread is 5093 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!