IGNORED

Quail Hollow Championship

acj990
Note: This thread is 5107 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Rory was just fabulous - 128 over the last 36 holes. Amzing!

But I'd also like to highlight Phil Mickelson's reaction. He shot a great score - 68 - and came second but he was graciousness personified. Offered what looked and sounded like sincere and heartfelt congrats to Rory. even as he must have been gutted, he smiled and offered his acknowledgement of one of the great rounds of golf.

Someone on Sky TV said that a clip of the interview should be taken and sent to YKW.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was absolutely amazing. He must have talent to get 4 under Mickelson.

P.S. Speaking of Mickelson, did anyone see his right-handed shot on the 10th hole today?

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

P.S. Speaking of Mickelson, did anyone see his right-handed shot on the 10th hole today?

Yeah, saw that. Looked like an ok swing, but the result was kind of blah---bummer to chip out and still wind up in the rough stuff. Still, I'm sure it's better than I can do on my favored side...

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Was there again today. Followed Phil most of the day. @ 14 he was 2 behind Rory and made birdie... Looked up and he was now 3 behind with Rory making eagle on hole ahead. After 15, we had to go get a seat at 18 and the final put from Rory was crazy. Everyone went nuts, was a great round. As for Phil, sucks to see him lose after playing a really good round. Great to see him give congrats to Rory, and also saw him picking up trash on the golf course a couple times, with others inside the ropes just walking past it and ignoring it. Great day at the tournament, but man it was hot and humid out there.

Yeah, saw that. Looked like an ok swing, but the result was kind of blah---bummer to chip out and still wind up in the rough stuff. Still, I'm sure it's better than I can do on my favored side...

Don't forget he is a lefty. It must be a tough thing to pull off.

Don't forget he is a lefty. It must be a tough thing to pull off.

Oh, absolutely, I'm just looking at the absolute results of the shot objectively. For a lefty to get out to there blocked by the tree like that is a real trick, so all things considered, that's part of why this guy has the wins he has. After all, when you consider that he still had to think about the tree, and had to not only hit the ball with an upside-down club on your off-handed side, but also to hit it straight enough to thread the trees, it's awesome. Still, another 10 yards would've been nice.

But maybe that's tryiing to have a gift horse and eat it too.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Could not agree more, this exactly what I thought, I am liking Lefty more and more he was very gracious in defeat.

I also agree with the comments of Mark Roe on Sky Sports about YKW... As for Rory he showed what he can do when in form, 62 blew me away last night and the way he played "The Green Mile" showed he has the nerve to finish a great round even over some of the toughest closing holes in golf. Happy Days

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

I was hoping Phil and Mayfair would battle it out, both being ASU alums, but it was nice to see Rory get his first win. Talented, talented kid. Overall good sunday of golf.

Aznando

Had Cabrera sunk 5 putts he missed Sunday, he would have a 63 and a playoff chance. Angel may be balding & paunchy, but he can play, too.

Carry Bag, experimental mix-- 9* Integra 320, TT X100 Gold shaft
MacGregor Tourney 2-iron circa 1979

High grass club: #5 Ginty
Irons: 3,4,8,9 Cleveland 588P RTG Proforce 95 Gold shafts
Hogan fifty-three Hogan 5612

Ping Kushin

Tiger who? Seriously, someone who can't order a celebratory drink in this country yet just shot a 62 to win. Why are people so willing to dwell on the distant past?

Because the past will probably still be whoopin up on this kid until it decides to call it quits.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Who else called the putt on 18. I was watching with my wife who was routing for Rory to choke and Phil to take the tournament. I said "Watch - he's gonna drain it" and he did. Shut my wife right up. Precious......

Who else called the putt on 18. I was watching with my wife who was routing for Rory to choke and Phil to take the tournament. I said "Watch - he's gonna drain it" and he did. Shut my wife right up. Precious......

I definitely called it, I was just thinking there was no way in hell with how solid he was, how much adrenaline was pumping, and how much fun he seemed to be having, that he wouldn't drain that putt. But I also said to myself that he was either going to drain it, or blast it by, no way he'd leave it short with all that adrenaline lol.

:cobra: Fly-Z+ White
:callaway: XR 3 Wood
:adams: Idea Pro Black 21*
:callaway: XR 4 Hybrid
:callaway: Apex 5, Apex Pro 6,7 Apex MB 8,9,P
:tmade: 50° Gap Wedge
:callaway: Mack Daddy 2 54° 58°
:nike: Method 001 33"

I tell you, I would have been more surprised if he didn't make it that 18th putt. Rory is just awesome and true talent.

He is making my home town of Belfast in Northern Ireland VERY VERY proud. Just how good can Rors be in the years to come??

By the way he holds Royal Portrush record @ 61...he shot that on a British Open course when he was just 16!! We knew the kid could play haha!!

What's in my Titleist RC10 Cart Bag? Driver: Nike Sasquatch Sumo Square 5900 10.5* Aldila VS Proto 65 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Nike SQ Mach Speed 15* Hybrid: Nike 5H Ignite 23*
Irons: Nike Ignite 4i-Sw Wedges: Vokey Design 252*-08 / Oil Can Spin Milled 60*-08
Putter: Odyssey White Ice 2Ball CS 34"...

Note: This thread is 5107 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!