IGNORED

Swapping clubs in and out of the bag?

Note: This thread is 5081 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just curious how many people have different clubs that they swap in and out of their bag depending on how they are playing or the course they are playing. I currently swap between a 4I and 4H, hitting the 4H if I'm not hitting the ball as well. I also just purchased a 5W to start working on hitting that vs. my 2H.

Anyone else out there have various clubs you swap in and out regularly?
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yep I have a 4+ wood and a Cobra #2 hybrid that get swapped back and forth once in a while.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

I rotate between drivers (see sig). If the course is tight and short - FT-iQ.
If the course is long - FT-i with white board X.
If it's wide open - less trouble - the Matrix gets the call.

I'm playing in a 36 hole stroke play tourney next week - shorter, tighter County Club course - mot likely will go FT-iQ.

On Saturday of next week it's the 2-man scramble and a long drive competition. FT-i white board X for sure.

At times I go old school and leave the hybrid out and put in 3 iron.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

nope I have the set up that I feel comfortable with, I dont want or need any other clubs than the ones that are in my bag.

My normal starting lineup is only 13 clubs, so I guess I can swap in something for each round until I decide what to do.

The 14th slot is varying at the moment: old driver (until I'm comfortable with the new one) or 4-iron. I won a closest-to-pin at my club's last tournament with that 4-iron. I also picked up an old demo club, an Adams A7 6-iron with a graphite shaft that I'm contemplating for that spot, as perhaps a high 4/5 (once I figure out my distance with it). Would also be great as a mid-iron for days when I don't hit it great.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I dont really follow the rule of how many clubs in a bag, but I do switch them out to to make it lighter since I always walk.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

Just curious how many people have different clubs that they swap in and out of their bag depending on how they are playing or the course they are playing. I currently swap between a 4I and 4H, hitting the 4H if I'm not hitting the ball as well. I also just purchased a 5W to start working on hitting that vs. my 2H.

Not really, I did however swap my driver with a 13* 3w when I had problems controlling it, but now since I've made the right shaft change, the driver stays in the bag for good ........

Yea, I swap alot.
3 drivers, 2H, 2Iron, 5wood. (usually use 5 wood) I have a 52, 56, 60, 64 wedges, but I only carry 2 at a time.

Driver: 909D3 8.5* Diamana White Board X
3 Wood: MP 630 15* GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH RED X
Hybrid: 909H 19* "Real" VooDoo X
3 - P: MP-68 KBS Tour Black Nickel X
56* 10 Wedge Vr60* 06 Wedge: VrPutter: Custom Made.Golf Ball: TOUR B330SI am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was....

There are some courses here in Portland Or I'll put he 1i back in the bag for.

I swap all the time, just depends on the course I'm playing or the weather.

If the course has really tight driving holes, then out goes the Callaway 3 Wood and in goes the Titleist PT-15

If I know I will hit a 2 iron of the tee, then out comes the hybrid and in goes my Callaway X-14 2 iron.

I don't like to change my wedges, but if i'm playing in really fluffy sand, I'll swap in an old 588 with more bounce and take out the 60.

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

yup i swap clubs all the time depending on the situation...
i swap out my drivers depending on how theyre treating me...
if the course is longer ill swap my 3w/4w...
shorter course ill add a wedge remove a wood/hybrid...
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Note: This thread is 5081 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!