IGNORED

BirdieBall???

Note: This thread is 1710 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Saw this the other day on a website and it looks pretty cool. Seeing as I don't have time to get to the range or course everyday it seems like this would be the next best thing, I don't have the biggest backyard, but currently the house next door doesn't have anybody living there so I could use their yard to. Was wondering if any sandtrapper's have used these or if there is any other restricted flight golf ball that is better. Thanks
!

ive used them before, pretty cool i suppose. very simple idea, just a cyndrical real light piece of plastic.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

What kind of feedback can you get? I'd rather get a hitting net.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

prett decent feedback.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

Funny I won a package of them a few weeks back. The other day I was waiting for my playing partner to pick me up at my house. I was bored out front with my clubs out and decided to grab one and hit it. Says maximum of 40 yards. I grabbed an 8 iron and hit it off some wood chips. Flushed it and the BB carried about 50 yards over a fence at the end of my cul-da-sac. LOLOL Looked and sounded pretty cool as it spun off the face. Beyond the fence was wildlife area so no big deal.

I need to spend a little time with them. Not a bad idea though.

Not bad. Plus you could see what type of spin you placed on the ball. In this case it was an over the top draw.

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

I ordered their golf mats and net and they sent me a dozen of those ball/plastic things. They are ok to practice with. They say they will only go 40 yards but they go MUCH farther than that.

In my Ogio Budlight Bag
Taylormade R11 Driver | Big Bertha Diablo 3W | Tight Lies 5W & 7W |
Big Bertha Diablo 24 degree hybrid | Slingshot 4D 5-PW, AW Irons | SV Tour 56* wedge |
Detour Newport 2 | Noodle Ball | Golf Logix GPS

• 1 month later...
If anyone hasn't tried the birdieball, go get a dozen now. My wife hated to play golf until I got a dozen pack of the little napkin ring looking things. We hit them back and forth to each other. This practice gave her the confidence to get out on the course.

"I play in the low 80's. If it is an hotter than that, I don't play"

Joe E. Lewis

i love the feedback they give. the only other ones i like are the almost golf balls.

Denver has a birdieball golf course.

"I play in the low 80's. If it is an hotter than that, I don't play"

Joe E. Lewis

I've found two of these on my home course. I was always scared to hit them because I wasn't sure if they would damage my clubs or if you were even supposed to hit them.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

I've found two of these on my home course. I was always scared to hit them because I wasn't sure if they would damage my clubs or if you were even supposed to hit them.

they won't damage your clubs.

Just received mine today. Someone let me try theirs at our course before tee off, they were pretty responsive! I ordered the hitting board with twelve birdieballs. They have a special now where you get 15% off plus an extra dozen birdieballs. So, I'm looking forward to trying them out . I will post after I've used them a bit.

Bag: GT
Driver: G10 9* stiff
3Wood: S9-1 stiff
Hybrid: BAFFLER stiff
Irons: GRAD MP 4-PW R300Wedge: FALDO NF-56Putter: Rossa Mezza MonzaBall: Pro V1Gps: SG2.5

You could always try those wiffle balls that are the same size as a golf ball. They only go around 20 yards and show what kind of spin you put on the ball. I'm pretty sure you can find them at walmart.

What's in my Bag:
Driver-TaylorMade 09 burner 10.5* | 3 wood-TaylorMade 09 burner | 3 hybrid-TaylorMade Rescue 09 | 4-GW-Titliest AP1 710s | 54.08 wedge-Titliest Vokey spin milled | 60.04 wedge-Titliest Vokey spin milled | Putter-Odyssey white hot #7 | Ball - whatever i find

(a wiffleball post disappeared, oh well) (hmm, found the wiffleball post in a similar thread: http://thesandtrap.com/forum/threads/35124-BirdieBall )

How do these compare to wiffleballs and foam balls? Just curious.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

Deja Vu: http://thesandtrap.com/forum/threads...re-my-favorite

To ask my question here as well, how do these compare or what do they offer over wiffleballs and foam balls?

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

How do these compare to wiffleballs and foam balls? Just curious.

they feel a lot more like an actual golf ball, and because they have a little more weight, go a little further. they don't exaggerate a slice or hook as much as the wiffleballs do, but you can still identify mis-hits.

• 6 months later...

I'm gonna order this for my golf buddy for a belated Christmas gift.  He gave me a gift basket yesterday of assorted dog treats plus some coffee for me.  I have hit the BirdieBall off a fairway a couple of years ago and it does work great.  I see the set - including 2 dozen BirdieBalls and the StrikePad - is $40.

:tmade: SLDRs 14* driver, 17* fairway, 19* and 22* hybrids | :odyssey: Versa White #1 putter

:nike: XR Pro 24*, 27*, 31*, 35.5*, 40*, 45*, 50* irons | :vokey: SM4 54*, 58* wedges

• 7 years later...

Just thought I would bump this thread up. I used these critters this morning.

I have had mine for well over 10 years, and none of them have cracked, or otherwise become useless.

I did check current prices, and they have gone up considerably since I purchased mine. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1710 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!