IGNORED

Any reviews of Putters under $100 ?

Note: This thread is 5102 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I picked up a pretty mint nike unitized for 30 bucks. Cut it, put a new grip on, has squeezed my odyssey blade. Amazing feel

Any chance this place has any more of those for that price?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I recently tried one of the new Clevelands (stainless).

It looked great and set up perfectly...even flowed beautifully through the stroke. The impact feel did not agree with me at all.

I would like to try the newer model that is a different material...looks copperish.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Any chance this place has any more of those for that price?

eBAY! I've been looking at getting a milled putter for a while and was watching the unitized for about a year. Then all of a sudden, saw one for this price listed so I jumped on it and here I am. Still, if you can get it for under 100, get it, considering it started out at 250

I have a Cleveland Classic blade (CC3) and love the feel of it. I think it is a quality putter and have loved it since putting it in the bag at the beginning of 2009. It will not leave my bag anytime soon. The grip on it got solid pretty quickly, so threw a new one one recently.

WITB
Driver: Ping G425 - Aldila Rogue White
3 Wood: Nike SQ Dymo 
Hybrid: TaylorMade SLDR
Irons: Ping i525 Retro Spec
Wedges: Cleveland 588 (52,56,60)
Putter: Never Compromise Gamble Limited Custom

Balls: Titleist ProV1

So I went and tried some out. Finding putters under $100 was tough and especially a 33" one being I am only 5' 4". Would rather not have to get a 34 or 35" cut down.
I tried the Ping B60 (mini-mallet style) $89, the Cleveland Classic (blade style) $69 and the Odyssey Crimson (on sale for $69) and to be honest I really liked the feel of the Odyssey.
they did not sell the Adams A7. Hoping they have it at Dicks so I can try it out before making a final decision.

I thought I would find more of the old models on clearance sale but I might have missed the boat on that.

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

I picked up a pretty mint nike unitized for 30 bucks. Cut it, put a new grip on, has squeezed my odyssey blade. Amazing feel

Another backup putter that I have, and another hidden gem. They never sold well because Nike priced them at $250 (who want to buy a $250 Nike when you cam buy a $300 Scotty) but they are great deals now.

I recently tried one of the new Clevelands (stainless).

That's the BRZ model. It has a copper insert.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I am waiting for FedEx to bring my Wilson Staff 88 Series putter. I ordered the 8882 model, absolutely classy and sexy looking, for $90 on amazon. All models (I believe there are five) have a milled face. I tried one of the Cleveland Classic BRZ and found the insert way too soft.

Driver:  the search continues
Fairway Wood:  Ping G25 3W Tour stiff
Hybrid:  Snake Eyes Q4U 19*, 23*
Irons:  Ping G25 5-UW w/CFS X-flex  (on order)
Wedges:  685BX black 56*      Putter:  Wilson Staff 8882 

another vote for the cleveland classic series of putters. i'm recently switched to the classic 3 and i'm absolutely loving it. i love the feel of a milled stainless face and for 70 bucks you can't go wrong.

Driver: Titleist 909 D2 9.5*
Fairway: Wood Nike Sasquatch 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 585 21*
Irons: AP2 4 - PW
Wedges: Scratch 53* 58*

Putter: Scotty Cameron California Hollywood

I've been using a Wilson 8882 for a few months and it's a good one. It has a milled face that seems to get the ball rolling on line quickly. The style is like the classic Wilson 8802. I find it easy to line up as there are no odd shapes on the hosel or head to distract my line of sight. You can get it for $90 at most places.

The F7 in my sig is really easy to use and has lead me to give up on my scotty. Under $100 with the right site

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

So I went and tried some out. Finding putters under $100 was tough and especially a 33" one being I am only 5' 4". Would rather not have to get a 34 or 35" cut down.

I was able to unload my 2-ball SRT for $50 today so I am thinking about uping my budget to $100.

I really like the Odyssey White Hot XG1 (blade style). It was on sale for $99 at Golfgalaxy. I also liked the feel of the Crimson mentioned above but the finish on the insert was much to be desired. Kind of sloppy for a $70 putter. Right now leaning towards the White Hot XG1 for $30 more. Really wanted to try out the Adams A7 but it's not an option for me since they don't make a 33" version.

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

can't beat the Ping Karsten series Anser for $80-90. Great putter at any price in my opinion.

Agreed with this. Just bought one and love it. Very solid putter for the price.

Bag: Lightweight Stand Bag
Driver: G15 9º
Fairway: 909F2 15º
Hybrid: 909H 19º
Irons:  AP2 710Wedges: CG10 56º, Vokey SM 52º, 60ºPutter: Karsten Anser 34"

Not sure on the review part, but I can say that in my experience, this is the best sub $100 putter I have ever used.

Just ordered the BC1. Love this putter but never wanted to spend the cash for one. At $99 now it's a great deal. Just read the Sandtrap review the other day from 2008. Pays to wait a bit!!

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Note: This thread is 5102 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!