IGNORED

Tiger at St. Andrew's

Canuck
Note: This thread is 5059 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

http://www.tsn.ca/golf/story/?id=321842

Orlando, FL (Sports Network) - Despite being out of action with an injury, Tiger Woods has added the British Open Championship to his schedule according to his website.

Woods has claimed two of his three British Open titles at this year's host venue, the Old Course at St. Andrews. His first victory there in 2000 made him the youngest player to capture the modern career Grand Slam.

That year, Woods finished at 19-under par giving him the record for lowest score in relation to par. Then in 2005, Woods won his second British Open at St. Andrews and in doing so became the second player to win the career Grand Slam twice.

Woods' second title at St. Andrews came the week Jack Nicklaus retired from competitive golf. Nicklaus is the only other player to win all four major championships more than once.

Woods is currently out of action with an inflamed joint in his neck. There is no official timetable for his return, but according to his website, Woods is still scheduled to play the U.S. Open, June 17-20, and the AT&T; National, July 1-4, prior to the British Open.

Whats in the my bag,

taylormade.gifR9 TP taylormade.gifSuperfast 3 wood Rescue 19*  712 MB (3-P KBS T shaft)  

SM4 52*,54*,60*   Pickemup 42" Belly Putter  titleist.gifPro V1x  adidas.gif 360 footwear

Hopefully Tiger can jump start his game again on two courses he has dominated.
S9-1 Offset 10.5*
S2 3-W
S9-1 5-W
CPR Rescue 3 Hybrid
AP1 IronsVokey Wedges 56* and 60* Ghost Putter                                                                     Low Score l 71, Par 72 Tiffany Greens (6 Birdies/5 Bogeys)

no big surprise here... wonder if he will play the memorial in a couple weeks.

pretty sure is neck will have "healed" by then

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

Tiger would be a fool to skip that one. He could spray it off the tee all he wants at st andrews..
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

im sure he'll play at the us open too, he won with a broken leg before and he loves pebble beach just as much as st andrews. He may be at the stage in his career where he only plays the majors and a few other tournaments a year, such as the memorial, arnold palmer classic, his tournament and match play and rhyder and presidents cup. Most golfers wish they could only play 8-10 events a year but most wouldnt be able to keep their card or make very much money, tiger has earned that luxury though his past excellent play. He never played in that many events anyway but he always managed to win more than anyone else. Although lately just winning again anywhere is greatly in doubt, especially with either finding a new swing coach or going it alone for a while.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

I hope he plays in The Open.

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

The Open this year will be amazing with or without Tiger. Honestly Tiger is always great to have at these events because he will draw huge numbers, but its the freakin OPEN. Screw Tigger there are a lot of great players I would like to see there more then Tiger.

Whats in the my bag,

taylormade.gifR9 TP taylormade.gifSuperfast 3 wood Rescue 19*  712 MB (3-P KBS T shaft)  

SM4 52*,54*,60*   Pickemup 42" Belly Putter  titleist.gifPro V1x  adidas.gif 360 footwear

Tiger has no chance. Self-doubt will poison his game and his life for a while to come. Tiger is so talented he was able to dominate IN SPITE of the horrible Haney swing, but it will take time to recover from the missteps both personally and professionally.

tom watson has a chance here, short-ish course and he'll be accurate.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

The Open this year will be amazing with or without Tiger. Honestly Tiger is always great to have at these events because he will draw huge numbers, but its the freakin OPEN. Screw Tigger there are a lot of great players I would like to see there more then Tiger.

+2. I agree. Golf is bigger than Tiger. He just hasn't accepted that yet.

Tiger has no chance. Self-doubt will poison his game and his life for a while to come. Tiger is so talented he was able to dominate IN SPITE of the horrible Haney swing, but it will take time to recover from the missteps both personally and professionally.

I would love to have that "horrible Haney" swing. He won 30 events and 6 majors with it. I don't see anything horrible about that record.

+2. I agree. Golf is bigger than Tiger. He just hasn't accepted that yet.

He, or the media?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Pretty sure the media hasnt; however Its not that golf is bigger. To the die hard fans who post on here we dont care if tiger plays or not because we enjoy the game. Il watch the nationwide tour on a saturday afternoon on the golf channel it doesnt matter.

But to the American Public who are not hardcore fans they need tiger or someone to fill his void. I hate to say it but for the game to do well Tiger or another young golfer who can do well in the spotlight will need to emerge. Its no secret the games popularity has grown with the emergence of tiger. If he fades as will the popularity unless a young gun can come through. Theres a lot of hype but you have to do more than win one or two tourney's you have to be the favorite every weekend even with a broken leg.

I want him out there because he is exciting. Even when he plays bad the ratings are good because he is playing. The ratings at this years quail hollow were higher on Thursday and Friday than saturday and sunday which is interesting because many people were at work on thurs and friday. We all know the common factor at QH between thurs, fri and sat and sunday.
...Practice Can Never Make Perfect... Practice Makes Improvement...
 bettinardi.gif
taylormade.gifadidas.gif

I consider myself a diehard and must admit that golf is only must-see TV when Tiger's in the field. He's added an excitement level the game didn't have before him, and doesn't have without him. Yes, Phil is great to watch, as are several of the young guns. But no one can touch Tiger for sheer thrills. For that matter, I enjoy watching when he has a sizeable lead, just to marvel at his surgical skill and wonder how he remains so impervious to the pressure that affects everyone else.

Cheers,
DoctorK

Competitive golf is played mainly on a five-and-a-half-inch course... the space between your ears.
~~Bobby Jones~~

I consider myself a diehard and must admit that golf is only must-see TV when Tiger's in the field. He's added an excitement level the game didn't have before him, and doesn't have without him. Yes, Phil is great to watch, as are several of the young guns. But no one can touch Tiger for sheer thrills. For that matter, I enjoy watching when he has a sizeable lead, just to marvel at his surgical skill and wonder how he remains so impervious to the pressure that affects everyone else.

As much as I will watch the game for pure joy I agree with everything you said. When he plays it can be as exciting as the bottom of the 9th of baseball or playoff hockey. When he sunk that trying putt and torrey pines I jumped while he did. I have nothing against Lefty but I rarely am that excited when he sinks a putt. He is the Tim Duncan of golf. Really good but just Bland
...Practice Can Never Make Perfect... Practice Makes Improvement...
 bettinardi.gif
taylormade.gifadidas.gif

^ Same here I get incredibly excited to see tiger play well. Hell, it even puts me in a positive mood on Thursdays at work when I know he will be playing. I wake up and I'm like "Sweet, Tiger is playing today!"

tom watson has a chance here, short-ish course and he'll be accurate.

Not long enough...wide open....I'll take Phil. Tiger will finish 8th or something.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Not long enough...wide open....I'll take Phil. Tiger will finish 8th or something.

If the course is dry and windy...... Tom might sneak onto the leaderboard. Dunno about Phil though...... He doesnt seem to play very well at the Open Championships by looking at his past record..

I want to see one of the young guns myself.

Note: This thread is 5059 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!