IGNORED

Tony Romo - Did He Make the Right Choice?

colin007
Note: This thread is 5100 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Did he make the right choice?

• Yes, he should have gone to practice
    • No, he should have played golf

so, romo has a chance to qualify for the byron nelson, and one of the final qualifying rounds conflicts with a voluntary team workout. he chose to go to practice with the team.

what would you have done in his place? did he make the right choice?

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

so, romo has a chance to qualify for the byron nelson, and one of the final qualifying rounds conflicts with a voluntary team workout. he chose to go to practice with the team.

Golf will always be there, he can play it when he's old. He's still inside his first pair of shoes*.

*You gotta be a Canadian to get that one.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Tony Romo gets paid very well to play football, not golf. I know the workout was voluntary, but as QB he's supposed to be a leader on that team. He can play golf on his own time.

Brad Eisenhauer

In my bag:
Driver: Callaway Hyper X 10° | Fairway Wood: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3W (15°) | Hybrid: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3 (20°)
Irons: Mizuno MX-25 4-PW | Wedges: GigaGolf Tradition SGS Black 52°, 56°, 60° | Putter: GigaGolf CenterCut Classic SP3

Ball: Titleist ProV1x or Bridgestone B330S

Romo didnt really have a choice. He would have gotten lit up by the sports media for skipping the practice. Those voluntary practices in the NFL arent really voluntary. You're expected to be there.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

You mean Jessica Simpson's ex!? Huh, I didn't know he played sports. Learn somethin' new everyday.

Whoever came up with the saying, "A bad day of golf is better than a good day at work", is a moron.

if theyre not really "voluntary" then lets stop calling them that.

They have to for NFL policy reasons. The teams are only allowed a certain amount of "official practices" before traning camp begins. But yea...they arent voluntary.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Of course he made the right choice. He's a professional NFL QB and he needs to be that first. As the leader of the team he would have ruined his credibility by skipping the team practice to play golf. Unless you're a professional golfer, golf is just recreation, no matter how good you are.

would you go to a "voluntary" day of work at your job? i sure as hell wouldnt...

I wouldnt either. Im taking off a day of work for state ametuer qualifying on thursday and nobody is questioning my job dedication. Its just apart of the double standard pro athletes have to deal with.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Tony Romo gets paid very well to play football, not golf. I know the workout was voluntary, but as QB he's supposed to be a leader on that team. He can play golf on his own time.

Being the leader he needs to be there. The fact he blew off his chance to make a pro tour event will just make his players respect him that much more.

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

Being the leader he needs to be there. The fact he blew off his chance to make a pro tour event will just make his players respect him that much more.

I agree 100%. He has to show them that he is fully dedicated to the team. Plus, Jerry Jones can pull teh plug on Romo in a heartbeat. Too much money and risk by missing something that is voluntarly manditory lol

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

He had to go, it's his job and the only real reason players skip those voluntary workouts is for contractual holdout reasons.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

would you go to a "voluntary" day of work at your job? i sure as hell wouldnt...

I'm sort of guessing you don't pull down ~8-10million a year either? You think expectations may be a little different for a guy making that kind of money?

Driver: i15 8* UST Axivcore Red 69S
3w: CB1 15* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum 75s
5w: G10 18.5* UST V2 HL
3h: HiFli CLK 20* UST V2 Hybrid
4h: 3DX 23* UST V2 Hybrid5i-pw: MX-23 TT Dynalite Gold S300GW/SW: RAC 52*and 56*Putter: SabertoothBag: KingPin

I agree 100%. He has to show them that he is fully dedicated to the team. Plus, Jerry Jones can pull teh plug on Romo in a heartbeat. Too much money and risk by missing something that is voluntarly manditory lol

Totally.

If he gets Jerry another Superbowl then he will have some flexibility. Of all the active QBs he is the one with the most pressure. He already has a "play attitude" reputation around the league, whether earned or not.

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

My job doesn't pay me millions of dollars...

If I was competing for a position, hell yes I would. Show the boss you are willing to go the extra mile. (I didn't want to say the money thing, everyone else has that covered.)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 5100 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!