IGNORED

My Swing (michaeljames92)

michaeljames92
Note: This thread is 4478 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Here is my swing with 2 videos on the swing academy.

Tell me what you think
Driver- http://www.swingacademy.com/videoPlayer.aspx?id=6708

short iron- http://www.swingacademy.com/videoPlayer.aspx?id=6707

Cheers

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

• 3 weeks later...
No one has any opinions? Some feedback would be really appreciated no matter how good/bad you think it is.

Thanks

52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

I'm not a very good player but it seems like your weight is on your heels at address and that your hands are quite close to your thighs. It's tough to tell because the camera is so tilted. You're take-away seems great with the exception of your head diving down and forward at the very top which might be an ?over-rotation?. I do the same thing but to a greater degree than you and its causing me all kinds of problems. I'm trying to fix it by increasing my upper body rotation with the fix your body fix your swing book. Great job driving your weight toward the target. My swing has a happy foot where you seem to step off the inside-center of your right foot the whole time.

So looking back at the one thing I commented on, the head moving forward; looks like you've compensated for it with an initial backwards move during the beginning of the take-away; so I imagine it doesn't factor into your ball striking a whole bunch.

Anyway's that's my attempt at analysis. Take it with a massive grain of salt. Your post looked lonely and I'm more curious to see how my interpretation compares to some of the actually skilled players out there.

You've got a good swing. Looking at your position at the top, I think you can tighten things up just a bit. The club is a bit left of the target line, and it looks like your right hand/wrist may be a bit too passive here. At the top of the swing, emulate a waiter carrying a serving tray in your right hand. This is hard to illustrate via the interwebs, but I think that by firming how your right wrist and hand support the club at transition, you can improve your consistency in the plane on the downswing.

Any front shots?

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

Thanks for all the advice guys. Really appreciate it. I'll probably get some front views within the next few days whenever i can get down to the range at a non busy time. As I said before, I really appreciate the advice.

52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

damn your tempo is quick, haha. nice swing though man. I am trying to actually work on something you do well keeping that left wrist flat at the type (i have a problem with cupping it)

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

damn your tempo is quick, haha. nice swing though man. I am trying to actually work on something you do well keeping that left wrist flat at the type (i have a problem with cupping it)

Cheers mate. I have a tendency to bow it a bit sometimes. Yeah tempo is pretty quick isn't it? feels pretty slow to me actually considering it used to be faster.

52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Your tempo is not that quick. If it's comfortable don't change it. If you are a 7 hcp. I wouldn't change a whole lot. What are you trying to accomplish. You get a little past paralell at the top but you're young and flexible. I'm guessing you hit a slight fade from the swing. You are nice and square and a little on your heels. But I would like to see a front angle of it too. You might also try taking the club back a little longer when you start you seem to abruptly pick it up. But again, it may be the angle. You are in the upper 10% of golfers with your current game so don't tinker or think to much. Just hit the ball.

In my OU Bag: Driver 9.5 Neutral Fujikura Motore Stiff
3 Wood Big Bertha
Hybrid 21 degree
Irons Big Bertha 08 Model
Wedges 60 degreeFlatstick Original Answer Winn Midsize Grip Rock Pro V 1 Black"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife...

Short game and putting man.

In my OU Bag: Driver 9.5 Neutral Fujikura Motore Stiff
3 Wood Big Bertha
Hybrid 21 degree
Irons Big Bertha 08 Model
Wedges 60 degreeFlatstick Original Answer Winn Midsize Grip Rock Pro V 1 Black"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife...

you must move like a sloth, casue his tempo really isnt that quick.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

I don't really think that tempo is quick either. Nice take away, on plane, but I agree with the guy who said your driver gets a little loosy-goosey at the top of your swing. Still, nice looking swing. Not much you have to work on.

In my Callaway stand bag:

9.5 Degree Taylormade Burner Superfast Adilla Voodoo shaft
3 Wood: Cleveland Launcher 15 degree Adilla Voodoo shaft
Irons 3-SW: Callaway X-14 Steelhead

Lob wedge: Cleveland 60 degree

Putter: Ping Anser Karsten

You overswing a bit with the driver, which causes you that lay off poistion. I know its a difficult thing to do, but if you could shorten that backswing some you be in a much better poistion. Iron swing looked pretty soild.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Thanks guys, keep it coming!

52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

You overswing a bit with the driver, which causes you that lay off poistion. I know its a difficult thing to do, but if you could shorten that backswing some you be in a much better poistion. Iron swing looked pretty soild.

+1. Firm up the position at the top.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

• 1 year later...

Updated swing video:

I think I'm hitting a 7 iron? Can't remember was a couple of weeks ago. Anyway, a couple of those swings produced overdraws which is my miss at the moment. Was working on rolling the right foot. I have a few things I think I am doing wrong, but will be interested in seeing what others have to say. Was pretty windy that day too, so was trying to hit it a tad lower too.

Apologies for the bad view, but was alone at the time :-)

52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Looks good, keeping working on that right foot and I would suggest feeling a little less turn and like you're getting your tilt from increasing your hip slant.  Hips are shallowing out a little from P1-4. Going to feel like your thighs are like pistons, left goes down, right goes up

Michael James swing pic 1.jpg

Michael James swing pic 2.jpg

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks Mike, I've really been focussed on the right foot for the last month or so. At the moment, it feels like i cannot roll it anymore, but as we know, 'feel isn't real'. I've always known that I spin my hips too early, which came from old school info of spinning hips instead of sliding them for power. If I can delay the hips for while by rolling the foot, that should close my hips a touch at impact.

Not sure who the player on the right is, but I thought it was me for a little while till i realised the range looked different

52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Originally Posted by michaeljames92

Not sure who the player on the right is, but I thought it was me for a little while till i realised the range looked different

Yea sorry, that's Grant's son Osten, he's a lefty and with Analyzr I can flip it around.  Similar body types and he does a lot of the pieces well

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4478 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!