IGNORED

Grass Range in WA state?

Note: This thread is 5020 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone know of any driving range with grass tees in WA state (Seattle area is best, and public please)?
the only one i know of is in Newcastle which is $30 for an hour, a bit pricey.. :(

Only a few in the greater Seattle Area....call before you go b/c they hit off grass only a few days a week.

Harbor Pointe (Mukilteo)
Willows Run (Kirkland/Redmond)
Washington National (Auburn)

Best ranges outside the Greater Seattle Area

The Home Course (Dupont)
Chambers Bay (Tacoma)...Expensive unless you play
Gold Mountain (Bremerton)
Whitehorse (Kingston)
Kayak Point (Marysville/Stanwood)
Battle Creek (Marysville)
Suncadia (Roslyn)
Hawks Praries (Lacey)

There may be a couple others here and there, but nothing I know about first hand....would love to know if anyone has other good spots in the greater Seattle/Everett/Tacoma area.

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Willows Run?

man that course is less than 10 mins from my house, and i play there like 3 times a week (b/c it's $16 after 6pm with a cart, and i can go after work).
i NEVER knew they had grass tees
time to investigate

thank you!

Willows Run?

Yes, at times they open the grass right in front of the regular hitting area -- if I recall correctly, it was only during the summer and usually only a couple days/week -- but, I always thought it was a decent grass range.

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

wow you guys read my mind. i was just thinking about yesterday...looking for some grass ranges. looks like i gota check out kirkland. been thinking about buying a condo out there too... :)

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

• 2 months later...
I've been curious about this as well.

I've been paying 10 dollars for about 80-100 balls and I can't really stand that price.

It'd be great to find a monthly plan in the Seattle area.

$30/hour? Seesh, that's way, way overpriced. Perhaps you can smoke that grass too, huh?

I use a well maintained grass range in my area and pay $4 for 33 balls, so $12 for 100 balls. I figure that's about $8-$9 an hour.

And for grass ranges, like a poster said before, always call to make sure they're open to save yourself time. Sometimes they're closed for maintenance.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10$ for 80-100 is pretty standard. If you know of a UW student, you can get 100 for 6$ for student price but anywhere else you go, $10 for 80-100 is very common.

as for monthly plan in the seattle area... anyone? havent found one yet but I'd love to find it.

Carnation actually has a really nice grass range. The course is a goat field, but I used to unwind after work on their grass range 3 or 4 times a week before I had kids. They also have a practice bunker and chipping green (that you can throw a 30 yard shot to) on the far side of the range that is almost never in use.

Btw, Willows has mats, but they open the grass on Mondays and Wednesdays.

Titleist 983k
Callaway X-tour 15*
Cleveland TA3 Gunmetal irons (covered in lead tape)
Cleveland Wedges
Ping Craz-e putterProV1*

I always practice at redmond ridge as they have one of the best free public short game areas around. 10 for 80-100 is standard, but it's not what I'd like to be paying for as much as I hit. I'd pay as much as 75 a month for a range membership. Although that's still too steep. They don't have to do anything but pick up the balls with a fun and convenient tractor like machine and then put them in the ball washer. It only costs em like 10 dollars an hour to do that (whoever they pay to do it).

Carnation actually has a really nice grass range. The course is a goat field, but I used to unwind after work on their grass range 3 or 4 times a week before I had kids. They also have a practice bunker and chipping green (that you can throw a 30 yard shot to) on the far side of the range that is almost never in use.

Did they open the grass now? A couple months ago, I gave Willows a call to see when they're opening the grass range and they said they are no longer doing grass ranges and it will be all matt from now on.

Yeah, I just hit off the grass a week ago. The guy said Monday/Wednesday.

Titleist 983k
Callaway X-tour 15*
Cleveland TA3 Gunmetal irons (covered in lead tape)
Cleveland Wedges
Ping Craz-e putterProV1*

I'd love to pay that price. At the golf course I work at, they charge $6 for about 35 balls to warm up on the range. I don't have to pay anything anymore because I work there now.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

Carnation might have an unlimited plan as well. I'll have to look into it. I live 15 minutes from there so its perfect for me.

I've hit off their range a few times. I think it's really cheap too since Carnation isn't exactly a championship golf course.

Snohomish Golf Course.

Driver...Ping G10 10.5* V2 High Launch

4-wood......Bobby Jones by Jesse Ortiz 2012 17*
3-4 Hybrid.......Bobby Jones Player Series 21* and 25*
Irons.........Mizuno MX-200
Wedges....Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 52*, Ping Tour-W 56*, Ping Tour-S 60*....Putter-Ping Redwood Piper.....Ball-Srixon TriSpeed Tour

what?!? that's highway robbery. should be against the law to charge that much.

Newcastle is jst ridiculously overpriced in general. They're priced at around $160 a round and I would hardly say its worth it. It's got some nice views but overall course design is meh...

I'll take Chambers Bay for $150 over Newcastle any day of the week.

Note: This thread is 5020 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!