Sign in to follow this  
Sandy Sammy

Rickie fowler has a stupid hat

Note: This thread is 3273 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

99 posts / 49054 viewsLast Reply

Here in England we generally deduct 10 pips from someones perceived IQ for a baseball cap (15 if they didn't even get it on straight). His hat is slightly worse as it does not even fit!!

rap, motorcross whatever ... not a fan.    When I played baseball, we took pride in forming a perfect curve in the brim ... it took time to get it right.     Pffffft on these flat brim hats ...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This!

Originally Posted by nevets88

I'm waiting for the day where in one group, Garcia dresses in banana yellow, Fowler in orange, Poulter in pink. Queer Eye will go nuts.

I like that hat and i think his style is great.I think the younger crowd likes it and the older guys usually dont like them. The game is getting younger and you will see it alot more.Dufner,Fowler,Marino,Barnes either wear the painter hats or the hats with the flat brim. I thought his green hat and green apperal he wore on sat at the Chevron was pretty sweet.I actually think a 40 year old on with that hat and colors would get laughed at anyways.The younger guys can getaway with it.I have always said if your going to wear those bright colors you better be hitting some good shots.

I think those hats are awesome.  I would wear a fitted on the golf course if i had some nice golf ones, and not just Blue Jays ones....side note, GO JAYS!

Originally Posted by inthehole

rap, motorcross whatever ... not a fan.    When I played baseball, we took pride in forming a perfect curve in the brim ... it took time to get it right.     Pffffft on these flat brim hats ...

Lots of guys in the MLB keep their brims flat....and this is golf lol...where style is created.  And this is his style, there are way worse outfits out there.   Look at Sergio, he looks like he is the manager at Burger King, with his dark blue pants and orange shirts....ugly as Sh**

Originally Posted by Tiger90

Quote:

Originally Posted by inthehole

Lots of guys in the MLB keep their brims flat....and this is golf lol...where style is created.  And this is his style, there are way worse outfits out there.   Look at Sergio, he looks like he is the manager at Burger King, with his dark blue pants and orange shirts....ugly as Sh**

Says the guy golfing in bloomers - just kidding - golf created golf style by borrowing from hunting, then from cricket, lawn bowling, polo, and obviously lawn tennis. Then it borrowed from Mr. Furley then it appears a bit from the Doodle Bops and Popsicles, and now from baseball and hip hop. I'm all for bigger hats personally, since the little "doily with a brim" that guys like DLIII can pull of don't work for my coconut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourputt View Post
None

No stupider than Fowler does. The hat looks more like a batting helmet than a golf hat. And the rest of the outfit?????? I like the traffic cone comparison.

"more stupid"

I love Rickie's style. It makes him stand out and makes him original. It's not a bad look and is better than all the plain color shirts with khaki pants. That's just boring.

The younger audience loves it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71P3vxvC458

If I could wear any clothing on Tour it would be Puma then Nike 2nd.

Matter of fact, I just ordered my 2nd Monoline (cyan/white) along with the Black/white i already have.

Also just ordered this shirt: http://www.budgetgolf.com/PUMA_Golf_Duo_Swing_Graphic_Polo.html

I wear baseball hats exclusively - because I think standard golf hats look stupid on me ( they don't fit properly ) - because my forehead resembles a full moon.

And if I wear one for an entire round - I get a crushing headache.

Originally Posted by Kieran123

I wear baseball hats exclusively - because I think standard golf hats look stupid on me ( they don't fit properly ) - because my forehead resembles a full moon.

And if I wear one for an entire round - I get a crushing headache.

Touque head. When after a round of golf your hair hurts you might need a different style of hat.

I remembered another player who wear a shallow brimmed doily hat - Major Champion Stewart Cink. The slightest breeze and that think would be gone off my head - and good riddance!! Give me a Hunter Mahan style chapeau any day!!

And he has made more money this year than you will make in a life time....and he's playing golf for a living. Tuff life. He can wear ANY hat he likes. Oh, and the ladies LOVE him.

Originally Posted by iPutt

Am I the only one here that likes the style? Maybe it's only cause I'm younger but if I could rock it, I would. I would probably look stupid in it though hahah.

I think his style is great, and I think he is great; a real breath of fresh air. (PS: It's a drag that so many older people routinely bash on the styles of younger people; can you say "creeping old fartism"?) (PPS: I'll be 60 years old this winter). !!!!Bravissimo Fowler!!!!!

Man, you kill Ricky on the regular ... what'd he do to you?!  He talks well of Rory!  LOL!

Originally Posted by deasy55

Rickie Fowler's stupid hat has likely earned him more money than his actual golf game

I better join the Tiger lover brigade around here so I can blend in and get this Rory stuff off my back

Originally Posted by topspin4hand

Man, you kill Ricky on the regular ... what'd he do to you?!  He talks well of Rory!  LOL!

Why even bring Tiger up in this thread?

It's okay not to like a player. I was just curious about your beef w/ the kid. I'm not even a constant on ST, and it's obvious to me.

I was only defending his stupid hat...........

I do like Rickie, I just think that he has been completely overrated and overexposed. There's plenty of other young golfers more deserving of the attention.

I'm also not sure why you think I have a "beef w/ the kid" and that it's obvious to you. I doubt I've posted about him more than 5 times on this forum.

Originally Posted by topspin4hand

It's okay not to like a player. I was just curious about your beef w/ the kid. I'm not even a constant on ST, and it's obvious to me.

Note: This thread is 3273 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!