IGNORED

Titleist 910 Woods & Hybrids

Note: This thread is 4942 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Again, I just can't find a reason to be anti adjustment.

Here you go.

1) Added bulk to the club in an area that won't help the golfer. 2) Added bulk to the look of the club in a place that may be distracting. 3) Added cost to the driver. 4) Added number of things that can break or fail. 5) Diversion of R&D; time, effort, money to something that won't matter and that people almost never change. Why? Order the club the right way the first time and be done with it. "Adjustment" is a waste.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here you go.

I'm almost afraid to ask, but here goes: Do you know of any recent wood that can be adjusted for lie, that comes without an adjustment system? in other words, can you order a custom made, fixed hosel, lie adjusted driver/wood? You may argue it's not necessary for a driver, but how can you say it's a waste? Sure, adjustment systems have a lot of drawbacks, but it does serve a useful purpose for some people that actually need it.

I'm certainly glad to have been able to set my #4 FW and my rescue club more upright since the clubs I can buy here are made for the Japanese market and I don't perfectly fit those local standard measurements.

Here you go.

Check. Check. Check. Check. And check. Yeah, that's pretty much my list too.

But . . . if I wasn't lucky enough to fit into stock lies, lofts, shafts, sleeve and inseam lengths, etc, I'd think otherwise. I have a buddy with an adjustable driver - he hits the "matching" 3 and 5 wood almost flawlessly, but after 3 months, he's still searching for a driver setting that finds the fairway.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Again, I just can't find a reason to be anti adjustment. Are you saying it's better to not have an option than to have an option? It makes no sense. And maybe Titleist doesn't offer hook faces, but maybe I want a driver 2°, 2° open? Say the next day I feel I need it 1° open? Why not have the option?

I'm not totally opposed to it, I play an R9 3 wood and looking down at the hosel doesn't bother me but I've never adjusted (open/close the face) since the day I bought it and I'm sure 95% of the people who own adjustable clubs do either.

The idea of adjusting the driver face each day to how your hitting the ball is a bit ridiculous to me, it's a band-aid fix to bigger swing problems. A 15+ handicap isn't going to be able to make the same swing very often so an adjustment could make one swing better and the next worse, and if you can only adjust at most a few clubs in your bag chances are it's gonna cause problems when you get to the non adjustable irons. Now if you want to use the adjustability to get properly fitted thats perfectly ok to me, I think people are putting way too much stock in the adjustability.

Driver: 910D3 - Oban Kiyoshi 75 X / 909D3 - Oban Devotion 7 X
3 Wood: R9 TP - Oban Devotion 8 05
Hybrid: 909H - Project X Graphite
Irons: 4-6 AP2 - Project X 6.5 / 7-W MB - Project X 6.5
Wedges: Scratch 1018 52/56/60 KBS Tour XPutter: SC Button Back Newport 34" / SC Del Mar 34" / SC SS Newport...

You're correct, I forgot they sold Cobra.

Again, I just can't find a reason to be anti adjustment. Are you saying it's better to not have an option than to have an option? It makes no sense. And maybe Titleist doesn't offer hook faces, but maybe I want a driver 2°, 2° open? Say the next day I feel I need it 1° open? Why not have the option?

I'm not saying it's better to not have the option, it's just that the better players go get fitted correctly the first time and don't need all of the extra options and higher handicap players aren't consistent enough for all of the options to even help them. Just like our discussion on average driving distance, the average golfer (who is most likely to go out and get the latest and greatest thing on the market) isn't good enough to swing consistently at 110+ and hit 280 yard drives. They also are not consistent enough from day to day to warrant needing the ability to adjust loft, lie, weight and face angle. This is why I think having the ability to quickly change shafts would be great, but all the other stuff I prefer not to have on the club. Makes me think of this guy:

http://www.allinonegolfclub.com/ All of my irons are 2 up and I've never had any issues with my hybrids, fairway woods or driver in regards to lie angle. Maybe I'm in the minority. It just comes down to marketing and selling more clubs. Companies will do anything to sell more equipment and the average golfer eats it up. It's just not necessary.
Here you go.

+1

Here you go.

So where do I get woods 2° upright, and a touch open (.5° open is fine, just so long as the faces set up a little open)? I've looked everywhere, and the only place I've ever seen them are on adjustable clubs. Lie angles, most people say are not that important on woods. Of course, all of these people are fairly close to standard. Some brands are 4° too flat for me. Nike clubs are among the most upright on the market, and I still need them 2° up. I've hit Ping clubs 4.5° upright that fit me perfectly for lie angle. Again, I'm somewhat tall, but my arms are very short.

Nike now offers their clubs in adjustable and glued. That's a good idea. One of the many reasons Nike is really starting to shine as a club maker. I used to feel the same way about Nike most do, but you can't argue with results.

I honestly think that even if Titleist does decide to make a club that adjustable, I have enough confidence in them that they'll make it look good and do a good job. They've always done a good job of making drivers and irons visually look very pleasing. I just hope they make the adjustable hosel look better than the SR8Fit hosel, that thing is huge and terribly ugly.

Driver: 910D3 - Oban Kiyoshi 75 X / 909D3 - Oban Devotion 7 X
3 Wood: R9 TP - Oban Devotion 8 05
Hybrid: 909H - Project X Graphite
Irons: 4-6 AP2 - Project X 6.5 / 7-W MB - Project X 6.5
Wedges: Scratch 1018 52/56/60 KBS Tour XPutter: SC Button Back Newport 34" / SC Del Mar 34" / SC SS Newport...

I think people are reading too much into "SureFit." The 909s are SureFit - they just let you swap shafts out of the club. That's the purpose of SureFit - to FIT a player. It's not called "SureAdjust" or "SureGimmick."

It is also the little weight screw in the back of the drivers, woods, and hybrids.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I think people are reading too much into "SureFit." The 909s are SureFit - they just let you swap shafts out of the club. That's the purpose of SureFit - to FIT a player. It's not called "SureAdjust" or "SureGimmick."

Sure. (no pun intended)

It is important to have the correct shaft that fits the player's swing the best. Just as it is important to have the lie/length adjusted to fit the player's measurements. How can you be so black/white on something that HAS a legitimate use? Or are you implying that Shanks A Million and myself are kidding ourselves because we used those systems to get closer to a club (and not only the shaft) that fits us? I'm not disagreeing with you, the vast majority of people do think those adjustment systems will fix whatever flaw(s) in their swing, but you put everybody in the same category.

AFAIK only Titleist can adjust the weight so that the custom shaft / head combo is optimal, but yeah, it is not user serviceable.

• Administrator
It is also the little weight screw in the back of the drivers, woods, and hybrids.

The weight on the back of my 909 isn't adjustable or even removable to my knowledge.

Yes it is. It just screws in and it helps to maintain a consistent swingweight with different weight shafts.

Either way, it's still SureFIT. It's for fitting. And last time I wanted a driver (a bit flatter than stock), Titleist let me order a driver 2° flat. Other manufacturers will as well.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

They look awesome. I am guessing the price tag will be equally expensive.

Titleist 983K 8.5* Prolite
Titleist 909D3 8.5* VooDoo
Titleist 909F3 13* Voodoo
Titleist 909F3 18* VooDoo
Titleist 980F 15* SpeederTitleist 962B S300Titleist 710MB Project X 6.0Vokey C-C 52*, 56*, 60*Odessey Putters

They look awesome. I am guessing the price tag will be equally expensive.

I see you still play the 983K,,,I got a 9.5* & love it...waiting for the 910 to come out so I can get a 909 at 1/2 price.

• 4 weeks later...
So according to the link these will be showing up on Tour in the coming weeks but it doesn't mention when they will be released to the public. Does Titleist (and other OEM's) release their new products in the fall?

This is of great interest to me as I have had my eye on some 909 series equipment and have been waiting for these to come out and check out the market for used 909 stuff. I love Titleist equipment but I cannot pay new Titleist prices. I will say these do look sweet!

http://www.titleist.com/teamtitleist...d-on-tour.aspx

I dont understand the move. Titliest could have continued with the 909 series unchanged for several more years. I dont know why they would want to phase out such a successful line of clubs. Its like something Taylormade would do.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Note: This thread is 4942 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!