IGNORED

Titleist 910 Woods & Hybrids

Note: This thread is 4942 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Im ready for the AP2's to take a price drop. Ill pay $700 for them, but not a grand.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im ready for the AP2's to take a price drop. Ill pay $700 for them, but not a grand.

You can probably get last year's models cheaper than that. Ive seen brand new sets of 09' AP2's going for under $500.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Isn't there a difference between the 09's and the new 710's? I really like the black insert they put in the 710's

Kyle Paulhus

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Isn't there a difference between the 09's and the new 710's? I really like the black insert they put in the 710's

Ive hit the 710 verison and they really do feel much much better than the 09's with that insert. Much better. But as far as playabillity goes? No difference. The 09's might be slightly easier to hit but thats about it.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Well Ill be damned. Im on the fence between the Callaway X-Forged and the AP2's so Ill have to check out the older version.

Kyle Paulhus

I dont understand the move. Titliest could have continued with the 909 series unchanged for several more years. I dont know why they would want to phase out such a successful line of clubs. Its like something Taylormade would do.

Because it's been a couple years and it's time for some new ones? They bring out new models every couple years, actually more spaced out than just about anyone (maybe tied with Ping). The 909's came out in 08, I'd say it's time. Taylor Made has come out with about 50 new models since then. They have had to lower the prices of the 909 series, so that suggests that sales numbers are falling.

I really like the looks of the new D2 and the H, and the black faces are cool. Also, it seems that they have done away with the numbers for the fairway woods. Just the F and the FD. D for Deep I assume. Also they look adjustable and I have heard that the shafts are interchangeable too.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I dont understand the move. Titliest could have continued with the 909 series unchanged for several more years. I dont know why they would want to phase out such a successful line of clubs. Its like something Taylormade would do.

I hear what your saying. The 909's are great clubs and the 910's CANT be that much better. All I know is I picked up my AP1's (09's) when the 710's were released. The price dropped 30% when the 710's came out. I have hit the 710's and I do think they are litte nicer club but not $200 nicer. Anyway, I figure with the 910 series coming out I am going to wait and pick up a few used 909 clubs at a discounted price.

Not a fan of the black, looks like at titleist supertri lol with the adjustable face. Surprised titleist actually is going through with the adjustable face. I'm happy with my 909D3 but I agree with 1par2win, I'm gonna wait a little bit longer to buy my 909h and wait for the price drop.

Driver: 909D3 9.5* UST Proforce V2 75X
3-Wood: 909F2 13.5* Aldila NV 85X
Irons: 3-PW 695MB/ZMB DGS300
Wedge: 54 degree Vokey Spin milled
Wedge: 60 degree SV TourPutter: Studio Select Newport 2 Mid slantBall: ProV1x/NXT Tour PentaTP/TP Red LDP

Because it's been a couple years and it's time for some new ones? They bring out new models every couple years, actually more spaced out than just about anyone (maybe tied with Ping). The 909's came out in 08, I'd say it's time. Taylor Made has come out with about 50 new models since then. They have had to lower the prices of the 909 series, so that suggests that sales numbers are falling.

Yeah. I guess youre right. Time really flies sometimes.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Yeah. I guess youre right. Time really flies sometimes.

The 909's were great clubs though. I'm hoping to find them on clearance.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

The 909's were great clubs though. I'm hoping to find them on clearance.

I was hoping to sell my D3, which i dont use anymore. I guess its value is going to be deminished now...

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

• Administrator
Also they look adjustable and I have heard that the shafts are interchangeable too.

Not a fan of the black, looks like at titleist supertri lol with the adjustable face. Surprised titleist actually is going through with the adjustable face.

I think those are just the SureFit system. I don't think Titleist is going to sell the clubs as adjustable to the general public. They've had "adjustable" (i.e. you can put in a different shaft) drivers for over a year now.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The Titleist line was due for an upgrade...that dark gray looks wicked, but I don't foresee me spending money on those....but I will certainly be on the lookout for a 909D2 9.5*...an amzing stick, but way out of my price range!!!!

As for the irons, I can't say anything for the price I paid....I got my '08 AP1's with the graphite Aldila Proto By-You R-75 shafts (reg) for $200 with about 6 months of use. In full disclosure, I do have to say that these were my first set of "real" golf clubs that I've had (Previous set was RAM).

Since I came back to golf, after nearly 16 years away (and I'm 34), I found these AP1's very easy to hit and extremely forgiving. I have been trying to convince myself that there is something better in the market, and I cannot find it! I tried the AP1 710's a few weeks ago, and could not find anything considerably different, other than looks, which the 710 look awesome.

The only clubs that I have hit, that I seemed to like equally as much as my AP1's were the Ping G15's....very nice, slightly heavier than the AP1's.
It's the indian, not the arrow! But it sure is nice to have good arrows!!!!!

Driver : r7 Limited 9.5* Matrix Ozik X-Con 5.5 (Reg) | Fairway: 906F4 15.5* (Reg) | Hybrids: DWS Baffler 3/R 20* (Reg) & Baffler Rail H 4-H 22* (Reg) | Irons: AP1 5-G (Reg) | Wedges: SW - SM56-10 & LW - SM60-04 | Putter:.....

I think they look great, too bad I just dropped a ton of money on my FT Tour. I'm not too crazy about the all black face on the fairways and hybrids because one range session on a sandy range and they'll look like crap. But thats the fad right now and I guess they're just playing to the market.

But looks wise I think they did a good job.

Driver: 910D3 - Oban Kiyoshi 75 X / 909D3 - Oban Devotion 7 X
3 Wood: R9 TP - Oban Devotion 8 05
Hybrid: 909H - Project X Graphite
Irons: 4-6 AP2 - Project X 6.5 / 7-W MB - Project X 6.5
Wedges: Scratch 1018 52/56/60 KBS Tour XPutter: SC Button Back Newport 34" / SC Del Mar 34" / SC SS Newport...

I prefer the look of the back of the 909's still. To much going on the back of the club for the 910.

But im sure these will be great clubs!

Driver: 909D3 8.5* Diamana White Board X
3 Wood: MP 630 15* GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH RED X
Hybrid: 909H 19* "Real" VooDoo X
3 - P: MP-68 KBS Tour Black Nickel X
56* 10 Wedge Vr60* 06 Wedge: VrPutter: Custom Made.Golf Ball: TOUR B330SI am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was....

Im going to try one out. If I can hit it better than my current Cleveland (doubt it) then I will get one when the price comes down. They look great, but unless I somehow break the head of my current driver, I'm not going to switch for a while. Its just too accurate.

Kyle Paulhus

• Administrator
OK, here's the skinny. I was wrong about SureFit earlier. The drivers, fairways, and hybrids all have the same feature.

The clubs are all adjustable. They do this with two little sleeves that are attached to the hosel. They remind me of the round Lego blocks. Each has four notches (or four positions), giving 16 positions total. Each level of adjustment gives 3/4 of a degree of adjustability, and the rep said that was 2 1/4 degrees range (which I'm too fried to figure out - but that'd be three clicks away from neutral). Lie and face angle can all be changed.

I'm not a huge fan of adjustability for customers. Never have been. HOWEVER, where adjustability comes into play and where it's a huge win is FITTING people. Rather than say "I think you might need a face half a degree open and a lie half a degree flat" adjustable clubs let you TRY That combination and then just say "okay, there's your club" and sell the club.

Dave was "fitted" for a couple of hybrids and fairway metals yesterday, for example, and he had to have them built because the only samples they had were their sample products. With adjustability, they'll just have a bunch of shafts and a bunch of heads, and once it's built you can take it.

Almost nobody I know changes their settings (on the TM clubs, etc.) once they've got them where they like them. Adjustability isn't really for customers - it's for fitters and the initial sale to the customers.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 4942 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!