IGNORED

Playing partner stating the obvious!

martytilma
Note: This thread is 5073 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

thats when you say, "you think"

Just F with them then... When leave one short just say, "ALICE"

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

LMAO! You knew it was gonna happen. Someone was going to say it. Its like when your on the tee, and you know that ball is going in the lake, and someone says, "I think I saw it splash". You just have to block people out.

What I find even more annoying is the guy who hits it in the water and everyone but him sees it, but he still has to wander around and look for his ball for 5+ minutes because he didn't watch the ball. Now I could see being annoyed if the ball was clearly going in the water and someone said "SPLASH" as the ball landed. Another thing I can't stand is the guy who acts like he is better than he is and after a bad shot is so focused on making everyone he is playing with think his bad shot was 1 out of 100 he slams or drops his club and doesn't watch where his ball ends up so either someone has to tell him where his ball is or he spends several minutes looking for it.

R9 with 757 Speeder
mp 57 3-pw project x 6.0 flighted
Vokey* 56* 60*
Monza Corsa Putter

Well if little stuff like that bothers you then don't play competitive golf, it's a waste of money.

Driver: Ping g15 axivcore black stiff
3 wood: Cobra s9-1 f speed
Hybrids: 20* adams speedline classic round and 24*v1 peanut
Irons: Ping I5 5-pw
Wedges : cg14 50*,54* spin milled 58*Putter: Cameron newport detour

There's different levels of it lol.

Golf is all about superstition. The game is in your head and that's the quintessence of superstition; You get a positive vibe and you're off and running, you get a bad break or stupid comment and you're done for.

I played league earlier this season and my partner would be talking to my ball as soon as it left the clubface; go!, sit!, settle!, come around!, get down!, etc. It got on my nerves and played with my head. I never had a good round playing with him.

Whoever came up with the saying, "A bad day of golf is better than a good day at work", is a moron.

Golf is all about superstition. The game is in your head and that's the quintessence of superstition; You get a positive vibe and you're off and running, you get a bad break or stupid comment and you're done for.

If you guys that think its proper behavior to get angry over ridiculously innocent comments or when someone has minor lapses in ettiquet (hitting first when you had the better hole or letting their shadow get in your line,etc) then believe me the people you hate to play with hate playing with you as well. I know a few guys like that and people hate to see them coming and dread getting pared with them. Most likely if you let little things like that anger you and you show it on the course then you are that guy.

Driver: Ping g15 axivcore black stiff
3 wood: Cobra s9-1 f speed
Hybrids: 20* adams speedline classic round and 24*v1 peanut
Irons: Ping I5 5-pw
Wedges : cg14 50*,54* spin milled 58*Putter: Cameron newport detour

If you guys that think its proper behavior to get angry over ridiculously innocent comments or when someone has minor lapses in ettiquet (hitting first when you had the better hole or letting their shadow get in your line,etc) then believe me the people you hate to play with hate playing with you as well. I know a few guys like that and people hate to see them coming and dread getting pared with them. Most likely if you let little things like that anger you and you show it on the course then you are that guy.

Nobody said anything about getting angry. I said, I didn't play well with a particular person as a partner.

As far as people not wanting to play with me, HE invited ME to play after his regular partner went out with an injury. Finally, I'd rather play golf with a guy that gets mad as hell than a guy who "competes" against you without actually competing against you. We all know the guy, he's way too interested in your score and as the game goes on, he makes comments that are questionable. Talking about people to avoid at the course, those are the guys that myself and outhers talk about on our rounds.

Whoever came up with the saying, "A bad day of golf is better than a good day at work", is a moron.

The first time I broke 80, (previous best was an 84) I knew I had a fantastic round going. I was playing with my steady partner, just the two of us, and by the 7th hole I had stopped saying very much (I usually keep a conversation going throughout the round). By the 14th or so I wasn't saying a word. Brought in the 78 and thanked him for helping me out by realizing that I didn't want to talk and by staying quiet himself. Now I can go low and still be as sociable as usual, but on that day, I needed silence from him and I got it.

Call it what you will... but you don't have to be a douche about it. CY

Couldn't agree more!

If some thing like that bothers you..... I'd love to play you for money.

Name the time and place!!

The only thing a golfer needs is more daylight. -Ben Hogan

So I'm playing in my league last night and I have the round of my life going. I'm -3 after 4 holes and the 5th hole is a par 5 reachable in 2. I reach it in two and just lip out my eagle putt. Tap in for birdie. -4 after 5. Next hole I lip out another putt for birdie, -4 after 6. I'm playing lights out!

Where in this post does it say that I was totally blaming my partner for my colapse?? But some of you can go ahead and assume that and rip me new one about how weak minded I am. It must be nice to have ice in your viens like the majority of the people who commented seem to have! The post was supposed to be kind of funny so "Lighten up Francis!" (I'm quoting the movie "Stripes" there.)

The only thing a golfer needs is more daylight. -Ben Hogan

I have 600 thoughts going through my head before every shot...

This is the reason that I whoop my brother at golf all the time. He over thinks the game. I just step up and hit the shot.

Where in this post does it say that I was totally blaming my partner for my colapse?? But some of you can go ahead and assume that and rip me new one about how weak minded I am. It must be nice to have ice in your viens like the majority of the people who commented seem to have! The post was supposed to be kind of funny so "Lighten up Francis!" (I'm quoting the movie "Stripes" there.)

That's what I thought as well. When Capt Obvious chimes in from the cheap seats, I don't blame him. Any failure to execute is mine due to lack of ability and practice. Sadly, I've come to expect some of these responses. This is the Internet, where everyone is 2 days of practicing their short game from playing on the Nationwide tour.

In my bag:

Driver: 907d2
Fairway: R7 ti 5-Wood
Hybrids: 909H 21 Rescue 4Irons: KZG Forged Evolution 5 - PW w/Rifle 6.0 shaftWedges: 52 Rac & Vokey 58Putter: Studio Select 2Ball: Titleist ProV1xEyes: SG5

This is the reason that I whoop my brother at golf all the time. He over thinks the game. I just step up and hit the shot.

This is also the reason I get beat by men twice my age on a regular basis.

In my bag:

Driver: 907d2
Fairway: R7 ti 5-Wood
Hybrids: 909H 21 Rescue 4Irons: KZG Forged Evolution 5 - PW w/Rifle 6.0 shaftWedges: 52 Rac & Vokey 58Putter: Studio Select 2Ball: Titleist ProV1xEyes: SG5

First off, that -4 for the first 6 holes is impressive. You must have some pretty good game to shoot that well, even if only for 1/3 of a round. I was playing with 3 guys who were friends (not my friends, but all good friends with each other), and made the mistake of pointing out that one of them was shooting under par after the first 5 holes. The other two guys got on me and were upset that I mentioned it. Anyway, my pointing it out to him didn't mess him up one bit, and he ended up shooting under par for the round (I assume he wasn't a scratch golfer, so this is cause for celebration).

I suspect the reason you fell apart wasn't that someone else mentioned your score, but instead because you didn't believe you were good enough to keep it up. If you did, your reaction would have been something like "I'm just mad I only scored par on 2 of the holes." The first step to achieving anything on the golf course is believing that you can do it.

First time I ever broke 80 - yearssss ago - I had a short par 4 as the 18 hole. Played a safe iron to the fairway, and then hit a short iron onto the green.

My "pal" says, "If you sink this putt, you've got a 75!"

I proceed to three-putt from 10 feet and finish with a 77. Glad you reminded me: I'm playing with that guy tomorrow morning...

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

First time I ever broke 80 - yearssss ago - I had a short par 4 as the 18 hole. Played a safe iron to the fairway, and then hit a short iron onto the green.

you should have sunk the putt then!

you can't blame it on other people. when i was younger i used to play putting competitions with my friends, i was a good putter but nerves would get me near the end. Now i'm able to handle pressure (most of the time)

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Note: This thread is 5073 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!