IGNORED

Grips that deal with sweat well

Note: This thread is 5052 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It's been hot and humid here in Nebraska this week, and it's been tough to hold onto the club for me too. As a previous Oregonian, I find this humidity crap is pretty dumb.

I've got midsize Golf Pride New Decade MC's on all my clubs. I've noticed the tackier lower section is pretty slick once my right hand gets too sweaty, and it's cost some strokes.

I'd be interested to try a full chord, although I think the real issue is the lack of glove. I'll wash my grips, and try the sweatband method.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

I've tried many different grips. My hands sweat a lot in the humid heat here.
+1 on wrist sweat bands
I've found that larger grips (I use midsize now) and softer grips slip less.
Grips that look and feel like leather slip the most.

I recommend the following
Lamkin cross line tour
Golf Pride New Decade
Lamkin Performance Plus with 3Gen

The lamkin tour cross line is the best value I've found. The other two are expensive grips

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I havent found a grip that is really good in hot, humid weather when the sweat is pouring. The only thing you can really do is just try to keep your hands and grips as dry as possible.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I've practiced twice in the hot weather with the new grips. So far so good!

R9 9.5*
MP630 3 Wood
MP630 CLK Hybrid 17*
MP-32 3-pw Rifle Project X 6.0
56*10 satin & 60*10 oil can Method #1

Ping just come out with a new grip called the tour wrap G2. I tried one on a fairway wood and seemed pretty good. And they are very cheap to buy also. About $3.50. But I don,t think I,m going to replace my Winn DSI grips. I don,t use a glove. And here in NC it,s pretty hot not to have good grips.

In My Cart Bag R 5 XL Driver Rescue Mid #3-19* 3,7 F50 Fairway Woods CG 4 , 4-PW irons all Reg Flex. MP-T 56* 60* wedges Anser G2 Putter. AD333. DT SoLo Balls ..

Ping just come out with a new grip called the tour wrap G2. I tried one on a fairway wood and seemed pretty good. And they are very cheap to buy also. About $3.50. But I don,t think I,m going to replace my Winn DSI grips. I don,t use a glove. And here in NC it,s pretty hot not to have good grips.

thats Golf Pride, not Ping.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

I've tried many different grips. My hands sweat a lot in the humid heat here.

Thanks uttexas,

I've been researching grips lately as well..... I have arthitis and a Cadet medium grip.....I play in Florida year round..... I have the golf pride New Decade std grip on several clubs, but recently changed my driver to the golf pride New Decade Midsize grip.....looks funny, but seems to work well. I also have chosen the Lamkin Performance Plus with 3Gen Midsize as a viable alternative. My irons are only 3 months old, but am going to try the Lamkins on them very soon. There is also a Winn Lite Soft that looks promising.

Thankfully it doesn't get humid here very much but temps get 100F and above. I think my Golf Pride grips do a great job but I also rotate gloves and I always take it off in between shots (especially after drives, no need to walk that far with the glove on). This in itself helps. I also have a wet and dry towel hooked on my bag so not only do I wipe my clubs after a shot but I can dampen and dry my hands too.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

• 2 weeks later...
I put the Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G Midsize on my irons Friday night, then on saturday shot a 90, followed by a 76. My best ever at Pebble Creek in Tampa.

http://www.golfpride.com/Grips/Defau...&grip;=tourwrap

It took awhile to get used to the grips, but they feel great.....gonna do my Driver, 3 wood & hybrid 2 & 3 today.

Note: This thread is 5052 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!