IGNORED

best golf courses played

Rezgolf
Note: This thread is 3384 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. Arcadia Bluffs
2. St. Ives
3. Black Lake
4. Shepherd's Hollow
5. Treetops - Signature
Driver -- 909 D2 9.5º - Diamana Blueboard 65
3 Wood -- Burner 15º - REAX Superfast 50 - (re-shafting)
Hybrid -- Rescue TP w/ FCT 19º - Aldila VooDoo SVS8
Irons -- RAC MB TP 3-PW - DG S300
Wedges -- Vokey Spin Milled 52º, MP-T 10 Raw Black Satin 60ºPutter -- Studio Select Newport 2...

Ive played Treviso Bay, the site of last years ACE Group Classic. Great course. I also live about 3 miles from The Quarry , and have played it many times. Its weird to see them talking about and playing a course that I live right down the road from and played before. Ill be going down there to watch them play this weekend :). The quarry is a beautiful beautiful, hard course. Its a great venue for the ACE Group Classic.

I know the feeling. I've played Treviso Bay a few times, but the first time was when it first opened and before they played the ACE Classic there last year. It was a LOT of fun watching (a few) of them in the same bad spots I'd been in. Although on the flip side of that, I went to the Shark Shootout this year, and those boys played Tiburon Gold a little better than I did. :)

Never played The Quarry, but I've played next door (Heritage Bay) many, many times. One of my favorites down there.

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

Best course I've played has to be Blue Rock down the cape. It's an 18 hole par 3 - http://www.redjacketresorts.com/blue...urse/index.cfm
The holes range from 108 to 255, so it does force you to use all your clubs. The fact that I played it a bunch with my grandfather makes it even better to me.

4DX Evolver 10.5 Stiff UST V2
Big Bertha Steelhead Plus 3wood
mp-32 3-pw tt x100's
xtour 56/52deg
feel golf 60 deg lob wedge dual force rossie blade I golf balls

A"best" list with no particular order to rank the courses.

Paa Ko---New Mexico
Black Mesa ---New Mexico
The Dinosaur--Gold Mountain--Mesa AZ
The Bull--Wi.
University Ridges-Wi
The Legends at Bergmount--Wi
All The Capital Hills courses on the RTJ trail-Al
All the Grand National Courses on the RTJ trail Al

I have played "The Quarry" in Texas and found it to be a very interesting course.

9* Geek No Brainer with red Stiff Gallofory shaft
15* R5 3 wood with Burner shaft
21* 24* Nike CPR hybrid Aldila by you shaft
5-pw Titleist 680 cb irons-SK Fiber graphite shafts
52*, 56*,60* Reid Lockhart Dual Bounce spinner shaftScotty Cameron Newport MidSlant with Tiger Shark GripTM LDP Red balls---used because I'm...

I know the feeling. I've played Treviso Bay a few times, but the first time was when it first opened and before they played the ACE Classic there last year. It was a LOT of fun watching (a few) of them in the same bad spots I'd been in. Although on the flip side of that, I went to the Shark Shootout this year, and those boys played Tiburon Gold a little better than I did. :)

The Quarry, Heritage Bay, and Arrowhead are the best public golf courses down here in my opinion. Yes. THE QUARRY IS PUBLIC. I have a ticket to a free foursome at the quarry that I can cash in anytime :). I hear only good things about Heritage Bay. Everyone loves it. It's a challenging course but beautiful and a nice layout. Just like The Quarry. And Arrowhead is the course I live on and work at. Very nice condition for a public course. Great places to play if you're ever down here in Naples.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

Wow, this is tough but I think my Top 7 are

1. Cherry Hills CC - Colorado (Played it a few times, just a classic course, you feel like everything is in it's right place)
2. Ritz Carlton Golf Club Dove Mountain - Arizona (Actually just played this last week and was blown away... granted it was setup for the Accenture Match Play next week which didn't hurt... grandstands and all!)
3. Castle Pines CC - Colorado (One of the hardest I have played... long and strong... miss The International stableford the PGA used to hold here.)
4. Pelican Hill South - California (A beautiful Fazio course that runs down the Pacific)
5. Sherwood CC - California (Challenging course, great Nicklaus)
6. PGA WEST Stadium - California (Maybe not Dyes best stadium since houses run so close on some holes, but a classic design)
7. Kapalua Plantation - Maui (Tough tough course, wind and beauty)

Honorable mention -
Four Seasons Peninsula Papagayo Golf Club - Costa Rica (The most beautiful course I have ever played, a Palmer, not the best course... but absolutely gorgeous)

Monza Featherweight Stand Bag
R11s with RIP Phenom Stiff
R11 3 Wood
R9 Irons 3-PW with KBS Tour Shafts
Vokey 52-4 Deg Spin Milled Wedge Vokey 56-11 Deg Spin Milled Wedge Vokey 60-4 Deg Spin Milled Wedge

Scotty Cameron California Hollywood Putter

Valhalla is a great one to play
Crooked Stick is fabulous
and The Brickyard Crossings is cool just because part of it is inside of Indianapolis Motor Speedway if you are a racefan it is a rally cool experience
If you always do what you've always done....You'll always be where you are right now..
Driver: C830.2 HOF Taiwan Proto
3 wood: Versus VS 1 Proforce V2
7 wood: DCT Fujikura Motore F1
3-pw: Nakashima NX-1 Project X 6.5 53*: ...

• 3 weeks later...
Burning Tree Club MD
Lahinch IRE
Wolf Creek NV
The Dunes SC
Congressional Blue MD
RTJ Club VA
Members Club Grande Dunes SC
Long Cove Club SC
Sucession SC
Caves Valley MD

The best course I've recently played was the Bull at Pinehurst Farms, Sheboygan, Wi. last November...My last outing before winter...

Not quite ready yet for Whistling Straits... :) This years Open is coming there so the rates are insane right now...but am planning to attend the event...woot!

ogio.gif Black/White Ozone Stand bag, Caddytek 13.5 Black/Red Push Cart

taylormade.gif RBZ Tour 9* Stiff / ping.gifRapture 3 'metal' Titanium 14* Stiff Aldila Proto VS 'By You'
adams.gif Hybrid A2 20*3 hybrid Stiff Aldila VS / ping.gifRapture Black Dot 4-PW Stiff / cleveland.gifWedges CG11 54* SW / taylormade.gif RAC 52*, 58*Wedge / odyssey.gif  33" White Hot XG

My two favorites are Wolf Creek in Mesquite NV, and Pine Barrens, at World Woods, in Brooksville, FL.

In the bag:
Driver: Rapture V2, 9 degree, stiff shaft
Fairway Woods: X-Hot 3 wood
Hybrid: 3H
Irons: J36 PC 4-PW Project X 6.0 Shafts, FlightedWedges: CG14, 50 54 and 58 degree Putter: Guerin Rife 2 Bar with Winn grip B330S Pro V1x

Ive played alot of good courses but this one was one of my favs.
http://www.nationalgolf.com.au/guest.../aboutus.mhtml
The national golf club in australia.

Driver: 909D3 8.5* Diamana White Board X
3 Wood: MP 630 15* GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH RED X
Hybrid: 909H 19* "Real" VooDoo X
3 - P: MP-68 KBS Tour Black Nickel X
56* 10 Wedge Vr60* 06 Wedge: VrPutter: Custom Made.Golf Ball: TOUR B330SI am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was....

I am going to have to go with Aronomick. It is hosting the Tiger event this year and next...outstanding.

The Ocean course is outstanding and of course Caledonia.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Granite Links in MA. Interesting they tell you to watch out for rattle snakes and use your club to find the ball up here.

Driver FT 9 DVS 60 S
3 wood x 3 wood C S
Hybrid TP Mid 2H Irod S
Hybrid Mid 3H Irod S
Hybrid Mid 4H Irod SIrons 6- PW X-20 Tours DG S300Wedges X-Tour 50, 54, 60Putter Hybrid two bar

OAKMONT (PA)
The Ridge at Back Brook (NJ)
Bulle Rock (MD)
Pine Hill (NJ)
TPC Myrtle Beach (SC)
Caledonia (SC)
The Dunes Beach & Golf Club (SC)

Also Local for me
The Golf Course @ GLEN MILLS (PA)
The Architechs (NJ)
White Clay Creek (DE)
Hartefeld National (PA)

I have only played local public course so my experiences are limited.

Heartwell (LONG BEACH, CA) The course Tiger Woods used to work/play at. Fun par 54. and "Big Rec" My HS teams home course.

R7 CGB Max Driver 10.5*
Big Bertha Diablo FW 18*
Burner Plus Irons 4-PW, SW
X Tour Forged 50*
60* VP109 Putter

Note: This thread is 3384 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!