IGNORED

best golf courses played

Rezgolf
Note: This thread is 3371 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. Crystal Downs CC - Frankfort, MI

2. Arcadia Bluffs GC - Arcadia, MI

3. Abaco Club at Winding Bay - Great Abaco Island, Bahamas

4. Bay Harbor GC (Links/Quarry) - Bay Harbor, MI

5. True North GC - Harbor Springs, MI

6. The Rookery - Marco Island, FL

7. St Ives GC - Stanwood, MI
In the bag

909D3 8.5 Matrix Ozik XCon 7 X
Burner TP 14.5 Fujikura RE*AX SF TP 75 X
Idea Pro 20 RP Project X 6.0 X-Tour (2005) 4-PW RP Project X 6.0 X-Tour Chrome Wedges 50 and 54 RP Project X 5.5 X-Tour Vintage 60 w/ PM grind Teryllium Ten Newport 2 34" ProV1X

1. Crystal Downs CC - Frankfort, MI

I see you are from Michigan. What part? I'm in Waterford. I'm going to Garland next weekend for three days. Have you played there?

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I played the Timberwolf Golf Course in Sudbury Ontario a few times. I've never been to any fancy shmancy courses but this was named "Best New Canadian Course" by Golf Digest a few years ago.
in the bag:
R580XD 10.5°
Rescue Dual 19°
Titleist 755 4-PW
Vokey Black Nickel 54.10° Vokey Oil Can 60.08° Circa 62 No. 2 Charcoal Mist

I see you are from Michigan. What part? I'm in Waterford. I'm going to Garland next weekend for three days. Have you played there?

I'm from the Port Huron area. I have not played Garland but have heard good things! Have a nice trip!

In the bag

909D3 8.5 Matrix Ozik XCon 7 X
Burner TP 14.5 Fujikura RE*AX SF TP 75 X
Idea Pro 20 RP Project X 6.0 X-Tour (2005) 4-PW RP Project X 6.0 X-Tour Chrome Wedges 50 and 54 RP Project X 5.5 X-Tour Vintage 60 w/ PM grind Teryllium Ten Newport 2 34" ProV1X

The best so far: University of Michigan--Alister MacKenzie Course & The Bear--Traverse City Michigan--Nickalus Course

I hope to play Bay Harbor and Arcadia Bluffs soon.

In my Grom:
Driver: :nike: Sasquatch 9.5° Graffalloy Shaft-Stiff Flex
FW: :nike: 3 (15°) & 5 (19°) Sasquatch Diamana Shaft-Stiff Flex
Hybrid: :touredge: Tour Edge Exotics Ironwood 21° Adila Shaft-Stiff Flex
Irons: :nike: 4-AW OSS Steel Shaft-Stiff Flex
Wedges: :vokey: Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60
Putter:  :edel: Basic Series 

Oak Hill Country Club, East Course. Great course. Held the 1995 Ryder Cup, 2003 PGA Championship, 3 U.S. Opens, and soon to hold the 2008 Senior PGA Championship. And it's about a 5 minute drive from my house.

That's private, and the two times I've gotten in to play have been at the kind invitation of one of the members there. So that may or may not ever happen again.

As for public courses, I thought Kaluhyat at Turning Stone resort was beautiful. Played it earlier this year. 132 slope rating from the white tees. Not much room for error. Also enjoyed the Magnolia Course at Disney.
"The only thing in my bag that works is the bug spray."

In My Bag:
Big Bertha 454 Titanium (10º)
Big Bertha Fairway Woods Ping G2 HL (Black Dot) Ping M/B (56º & 52º) Mizuno MP-R Series (60º) Odyssey Black Series i #7

1) Torrey Pine South
2) Glenwild
3) Promentory: The Ranch Club
4) Jeremy Ranch
5) Torrey Pines North
In the Bag
Driver: FT-3 Fusion Driver
Fairway Woods: FT-3 Fusion 5 Wood
Hybrids: FT Fusion Hybrid
Irons: ZB Forged 4-PWWedges: X-Tour (52,56,60)Putter: Rossa Daytona 1

1) Torrey Pine South

How'd you like Torrey Pines South? I've never played, but have always known for it to be pretty challenging. I hear it's going to be lengthened to 7500+ yards for the '08 US Open. That's out of control!

Back to the topic. I get to play Trump National tomorrow. Holy crap... this looks, fun? http://trumpnationallosangeles.com/html/scorecard.asp Looking at that I don't know if this will be more "toughest" than "best"?

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Oak Hill Country Club, East Course. Great course. Held the 1995 Ryder Cup, 2003 PGA Championship, 3 U.S. Opens, and soon to hold the 2008 Senior PGA Championship. And it's about a 5 minute drive from my house.

Sounds awesome. You ever think of asking for a job there? Maybe like a closer shift in the pro-shop? That would get you access to play! Or I would hope so.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Sounds awesome. You ever think of asking for a job there? Maybe like a closer shift in the pro-shop? That would get you access to play! Or I would hope so.

I'm all for that, except I work full time now as it is. If I could convince my wife to let me work there for less pay, but be able to golf more, I'd have it made.

"The only thing in my bag that works is the bug spray."

In My Bag:
Big Bertha 454 Titanium (10º)
Big Bertha Fairway Woods Ping G2 HL (Black Dot) Ping M/B (56º & 52º) Mizuno MP-R Series (60º) Odyssey Black Series i #7

How'd you like Torrey Pines South? I've never played, but have always known for it to be pretty challenging. I hear it's going to be lengthened to 7500+ yards for the '08 US Open. That's out of control

Yes, it was challenging but also breathtaking. On some holes, it looked like the green was floating on the edge of the world but when you got there, it was a sheer drop off into the ocean. Didn't shoot very well there, though (as was to be expected) and I shot a 93.

Oh, and I have a course where I live (the new course at Promentory) thats 8,000+. The first hole is a 724 par 5 and the tenth is a 562 par 4. Now thats insane.
In the Bag
Driver: FT-3 Fusion Driver
Fairway Woods: FT-3 Fusion 5 Wood
Hybrids: FT Fusion Hybrid
Irons: ZB Forged 4-PWWedges: X-Tour (52,56,60)Putter: Rossa Daytona 1

1) Firestone CC tomorrow (dont know if im playing the North or the South yet, daddy and business partners needed a 4th)
2) Glenmoor CC Friday
-- flying to Ft Lauderdale friday night
3) Doral on sunday
4) Carolina Club on monday
5) possibly play inverness next week, but chances are slim

In The Huffer:

Driver: Superquad 10.5* Aldila NV-S Shaft
3w: 975 F
Hybrid: 22 Degree Baffler Multimetal3-PW: LCG Burner IronsSW: 56 Degree 588 GunmetalPutter: DfX No 2Balls: ALWAYS NXT Tour #3's, or NXT Extreme #3'sHome Course: Glenmoor Country Club: Jack Nicklaus Signature Course. 7015...

The Virginian. Very nice, private club in Bristol, VA. I played there a couple times in junior tournaments. Immaculate shape from tee to green.

I'm playing the Jones course at Rock Barn Golf & Spa in Hickory, NC this Saturday. I played the Tom Jackson course there a couple weeks ago. I saw the Jones course and it looks incredible. They host the Greater Hickory Classic for the Senior Tour there. Hopefully I can play well.

Seeing some of these courses listed tells me that I REALLY need to start traveling more and playing more courses.

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

finally played the Black (Bethpage State Park) on Thursday...

I had bugged a few guys on the SandTrap about what it took to get on and what not so I owe a thanks to those guys who kept finding PM's from me bugging you...

I'll have pictures up soon on my Flickr account in my sig...

really loved the layout, design and challenge of that course.

the 2 for 1 miller lites in the clubhouse bar ain't a bad way to lick your wounds either...

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Flickr pics from hacking it up at Pebble, Bandon, Pinehurst, Whistling Straits, the Black, Kiawah & more...

Oakmont in Pittsburgh
Muirfield Village in Columbus, OH
Scioto CC in Columbus
Canterbury in Cleveland
PGA National Champions in Palm Beach FL
Cherry Hills in Denver
CC of the Rockies in Edwards, CO

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

My good friend is heading to Pine Valley in a few weeks (for like the 5th time, the bastard)..........one of these days I hope to tag-along.

Driver: Titleist 907D1
3W: 906F2 15
5W: Cobra SZ HS
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 21
Irons: Taylormade Rac LT2 Wedges: Vokey SM 52 + 56 Putter: Some old piece of crap

Note: This thread is 3371 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!