IGNORED

Cheaters Cheaters Cheaters..

Colinb913
Note: This thread is 5012 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

as far a, hitting from the base of tree goes. My friends and I, usually allow you to move the ball either 1 club length left or right or back. As long as you stay within that 1 clublength and dont go closer to the hole Its fine.

Id rather not have my friend endanger himself or me, because he broke his club on a tree root, rock etc. or give themselves an even worse shot. I mean clubs and balls are expensive whats the point in risking losing/breaking one if your not playing in like a major championship lol.
 Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I play in a fairly laid back league that usually plays bump in your own fairway, but a lot of people will fluff anywhere. It is a little annoying, but I never say anything cause its just a game. I do play the ball down everywhere though.

as far a, hitting from the base of tree goes. My friends and I, usually allow you to move the ball either 1 club length left or right or back. As long as you stay within that 1 clublength and dont go closer to the hole Its fine.

It's a shame there's no rule that allows you to take relief from a lie so bad that you deem it to be impossible. I'd think we could call such a thing, I dunno, how about an "unplayable lie." I'd say that a one-stroke penalty, drop within two club lengths or along the line between the pin and your original lie, no closer to the hole would be a fair way to do it...... Nah, it'd never work...

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

It's a shame there's no rule that allows you to take relief from a lie so bad that you deem it to be impossible. I'd think we could call such a thing, I dunno, how about an "unplayable lie." I'd say that a one-stroke penalty, drop within two club lengths or along the line between the pin and your original lie, no closer to the hole would be a fair way to do it...... Nah, it'd never work...

Lol that was what I was thinking.....add a couple of more strokes to that 36 sully....

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
I played in a competition recently with a guy that hooked his tee shot into the rough. We were looking in the rough for his ball, and I saw him sneakily take a ball from his pocket, and drop it in the rough:
"I've found it."
"I just saw you drop that ball."
"Oh, Shit. Its a prov1, you can have it if you don't tell anyone about that."

Supposedly a 13 handicap, he had a 97 with two no score holes, so his score was comfortably in the 100s. I like to think I've saved a Prov1 from being hooked into the out of bounds left of the 1st hole :)

G15 9* TFC 149D Stiff
R9 15* Fujikura Motore Regular
MP-57 3-PW
52*
Z TP 60* black series tour designs #2 34" Prov1 stratus stand bag

During a recent round a player in my foursome hit a his third shot, which is a blind approach, to the right of the green on a par 5. Along the right side of the green is a small creek and a low spot not visible from the fairway, or from the cart path. After he hit the shot, I commented it might be in the creek and he assured me it was over the green. There was NO way the ball was long, it was clearly either in the creek, or near it.

Well, the cheater was in the other cart and has I drove around behind the green to my ball, he was standing next to a ball I assumed was mine. That is until he told me it was his.

So, we hit our chips and as I walked to my ball I looked over by the creek and there is a ball sitting there. It was not visible as we drove by on the cart path because of the depression created by the creek and was not visible from behind the green.

At this point I am blissfully ignorant and mention to my foursome that there is a ball sitting just off the green near the creek. The same guy who claimed his ball was over the green makes a bee line for it and stuffs it in his pocket. So, we finish putting and I ask him what type of ball he found over there and why, since I spotted it, he didn't give it to me.

That is when I realized why he ran over to pick it up. It was the brand and number of the ball he played. He showed it to me VERY quickly, and I noticed it was marked with the same color marker he uses as well.

So, as it played out, he couldn't find his ball, was sure it was in the creek and dropped a new one behind the green. He accounted for everything, right until his first ball was found.

I didn't say a word since he was 11 strokes behind me anyway. Plus, everyone knew, so nobody had to point out that he was busted.

In my Callaway Warbird X stand bag:

Callaway FT-5 , regular flex
3 Wood, TaylorMade Burner 2007, regular Flex
Hybrid, Warrior Golf 19 degreeHybrid, Callaway X 3H 21 degreeIrons - Callaway X-18 4-PWSW Cleveland CG 12 60 degree, AW Cleveland CG 12 54 degree Putter - Odyssey White Hot #2Ball -...

Yeah, I had a big time cheater. He wouldn't put down his real score. I counted most of em. His 7 would be a 4, and 8 would be a 5. Took a lot of strokes out.

Me, I have to admit. I was a cheater when I was young. But now, since I have been more mature and played 9 years of golf, I'm thinking why cheat yourself? To be better in golf, you must first be better in taking your scores.

Note: This thread is 5012 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!