IGNORED

Comment on a crazy ad that appears regularly in Golf Digest - a pointless thread really

Note: This thread is 5030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There's an ad that appears in pretty much every issue of Golf Digest in Canada (possibly in the US as well) for Stealth Club Covers. Now, while I'm sure they make a fine product, what the hell is up with the photo they put in their print ads? It's either an inside joke or somebody made a huge mistake - the thing is it's the same photo every month.

Let me cut to the chase by pointing out the issues with this "BEFORE" and "AFTER"

1.) The bag starts out with 5 irons and ends up with 7 in the "after" photo.
2.) The irons are Ram Accubar in the before and turn into Titleists in the after.
3.) the extra 3 irons put the club count at 17 clubs
4.) the actual golf bag appears to be new as well based on the club orientation
5.) saving the best for last - speaking of club orientation - in the "before" photo the clubs are left handed and they're right handed in the "after" photo

Insanity!

PS. Based on their website - 17 is the new 14

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

HAHAHAHA This gave me a laugh. I live in AUS and ive never seen the add, but it's very funny!

Driver: 909D3 8.5* Diamana White Board X
3 Wood: MP 630 15* GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH RED X
Hybrid: 909H 19* "Real" VooDoo X
3 - P: MP-68 KBS Tour Black Nickel X
56* 10 Wedge Vr60* 06 Wedge: VrPutter: Custom Made.Golf Ball: TOUR B330SI am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was....

HAHAHAHA This gave me a laugh. I live in AUS and ive never seen the add, but it's very funny!

I'm tempted to contact them and ask what's up. Also, my math is really good - in my third point I indicate 7 minus 5 is 3.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Thats just marketing, they're trying to illustrate a point about their product. But i get why its teh lulz...
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Thats just marketing, they're trying to illustrate a point about their product. But i get why its teh lulz...

The point I get from the ad - if it's genuine - is that these people either don't know much about golf, or they think the average person buying their product is a complete tool, and they're making fun of them.

"lulz" indeed.

Never seen this ad before, but here's my take on your points :)

1.) I think that's the point. They're marketing how "compact" and neat you can layout your clubs. Showing that you can stack in extra clubs and still look neater than the "before" picture.
2.) I don't think this really mattered to their ad. While I agree it would be more consistent, it doesn't directly affect their product or message. The clubs are about the same size I would think no?
3.) See #1.
4.) I can't really see the bag in the "after" picture, but this could be their way of "cheating". I find that it would mostly be the bag and not the headcovers that would determine how many clubs you can fit in a neat and compact manner, no?
5.) See #2.

Cheers,

Yeah, I am sure the newer bag is larger and has better dividers to make it look tidier.

I have seen this ad but never looked at it long enough to pick this up, funny though.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

nice work Miller
i see the add every day in the crapper, and never though about it that hard

work slow?? !! hahahaha!
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

nice work Miller

I had the day off yesterday - there's no excuse for today!

I have three of those head covers.. I needed headcovers for my faraway woods and found these cheap. Do I think they take up less space, no, do they get the job done, yes. And it came with a driver hardcover to so that's a plus I suppose.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

Haha, that's pretty good. In the US our GD has some pretty weird ads too. This one is terrible on just so many (well, 5 by your count) levels.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I had noticed this ad in every issue. I always though the "after" pic even though it was more organized looked more crammed than the "before" picture.
So I wasn't sure what their point was. lol

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

Note: This thread is 5030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!