IGNORED

Qualify for the US Open

Ben
Note: This thread is 5465 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just found out Tony Romo shot 80 at his qualifier in Dallas...

In my Srixon staff bag:

Driver: Titleist 909D2 8.5 - Grafalloy Epic X
Fairway: Adams RPM LP 13 degree - Grafalloy Epic X
Hybrids: Adams Idea Pro 18 degree - DGSL X100Irons: MacGregor 1025M 3-PW - DG X100SW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54 - DG X100LW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 58 - DG X100Putter...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just about to ask. Looks like he doesn't just screw up playoff games anymore.

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was just about to ask. Looks like he doesn't just screw up playoff games anymore.

He shot 36-44, with a triple on 16. Ouch.

http://www.ghintpp.com/TXGA/TPPOnlin...d=136&pid;=3830

In my Srixon staff bag:

Driver: Titleist 909D2 8.5 - Grafalloy Epic X
Fairway: Adams RPM LP 13 degree - Grafalloy Epic X
Hybrids: Adams Idea Pro 18 degree - DGSL X100Irons: MacGregor 1025M 3-PW - DG X100SW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54 - DG X100LW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 58 - DG X100Putter...

does anyone know if timberlake tried to qualify?

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

+8 on the back side after shooting a solid even on the front side! ouchy!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Joruss, you said that they moved some of the par 3's up etc...

Do you know this ahead of time so you will adjust what clubs you carry? For example, if you knew that the 220yd par 3 was going to be 180yds instead you might leave the hybrid in the bag and carry an extra wedge instead. Do they tell you this ahead of time or is everything completely "blind?"

I played a qualifier at Briggs Ranch in San Antonio, TX. I played early (finished around 1:00), played well (shot -2 , 70), then had to wait to see if there was going to be a play off to get in. I hated to wait around for 6 hours to see, so I left and came back. Sure enough, there was a playoff at -2. There were three of us for two spots. I'm glad I came back, because I got in. I finally advance to the next round. I did not even have a chance to warm back up. I got my sticks, walked to the first tee and striped one, then put the next one about 15 ft from the pin. One guy had a 10 footer for a bogey so I made sure I left myself a 1 inch put to advance... After all, I did not have to make it. I realize I'm going to have to shoot about -6 in the next round to have a chance, so I am going to work on putting on really fast greens, trust my game, and see what happens.

I have two goals in the sectionals..... Don't piss my pants on the first tee, and play as good as I can, leaving nothing in the bag. If I do the best I can and don't make it, I'm good. I'll drink a beer or six and enjoy the moment.

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

• Administrator
does anyone know if timberlake tried to qualify?

JT's like a 6 handicap or something. So no... I'm pretty sure he didn't try to qualify.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Actually I'm playing my Qualifier at Timacuan in Lake Mary on May 28. Last year I was medalist there with a 71 in the State Mid-Am Qualifying, so I have some good feelings around that place. We'll see how it goes! The Am is at TPC Sawgrass and Sawgrass Country Club this year, so I REALLY want to make it!

I played Timacuan back in the late 80's/ early 90's while I lived in Lake Mary. I was always the straightest driver around, so on the second hole instead of hitting to the island fairway, I would aim for the area to the right of the pond inline to the green. I could just carry the water and be in the "drop" area and have a short shot to the green. As I got longer, I could almost drive the green on that line.

On a different note, I met Brad Faxon and Kenny Perry there at a clinic for Jr. Golfers. We played a couple of holes and had a blast watching them hit shots over the range - way to long for me back then.

My swing thoughts:

- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

I played a qualifier at Briggs Ranch in San Antonio, TX. I played early (finished around 1:00), played well (shot -2 , 70), then had to wait to see if there was going to be a play off to get in. I hated to wait around for 6 hours to see, so I left and came back. Sure enough, there was a playoff at -2. There were three of us for two spots. I'm glad I came back, because I got in. I finally advance to the next round. I did not even have a chance to warm back up. I got my sticks, walked to the first tee and striped one, then put the next one about 15 ft from the pin. One guy had a 10 footer for a bogey so I made sure I left myself a 1 inch put to advance... After all, I did not have to make it. I realize I'm going to have to shoot about -6 in the next round to have a chance, so I am going to work on putting on really fast greens, trust my game, and see what happens.

Well done mate! hope you get through pal!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Congrats man!!! That is awesome! Keep us posted on the next round!

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

That's awesome! Keep it up!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I played Timacuan back in the late 80's/ early 90's while I lived in Lake Mary. I was always the straightest driver around, so on the second hole instead of hitting to the island fairway, I would aim for the area to the right of the pond inline to the green. I could just carry the water and be in the "drop" area and have a short shot to the green. As I got longer, I could almost drive the green on that line.

Now that's the way to play #2! Good golf hole. Mike Bender used to teach Zach Johnson out at Timacuan, I think they're still associated, but don't know for sure......and we used to run into Zach all the time. Always felt good to see a relatively little guy pound the ball like that.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

My first eagle on a par 4 was on the 9th late in the day after they had taken the flags out. It was almost dark when I hit my shot, and when we got to the green we could not see my ball... or the hole for that matter. After some looking, I found my ball in the hole. Talk about a blind dog finding a bone.

My swing thoughts:

Jorrus and MiniMoe, how old are you guys??

Bryan A

I'm 36 and in my prime

My swing thoughts:

I'm 36 and in my prime

Cool...I am 31. That makes me feel a lot better. Maybe I can get to half of your level by the time I am 36!

Bryan A

Note: This thread is 5465 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!