IGNORED

Dear angry man at the range

golfro
Note: This thread is 3429 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Nike and TM are the hot brands right now, it was once Callaway and Ping, thats all. They do a fantastic job with the marketing and their target demographic. Also Nike and TM are established brands to the younger consumers.

lol. Tmade makes the worst irons, and Nike=Tiger. Titleist, callaway, mizuno, and ping ftw

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

lol. Tmade makes the worst irons, and Nike=Tiger. Titleist, callaway, mizuno, and ping ftw

How many majors did Mizuno, Titleist, and Callaway win since 2008 - combined. Is it more than Nike or Taylor Made? I didn't do a search, but you seem to know all the answers.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Since 2000 (43 majors) - These are the offical sponser counts
Callaway: 6
Ping:4
Nike: 16
Taylor Made: 7
Titleist: 3
Cleveland: 4
Wilson: 3

I would be curious, if you removed those players playing with "prototype" irons, how many would be there. That would pull Tiger out, and Phil's last Master's. Not sure about the rest?

Does the amount of majors a brand has one really matter? Serious question.

Driver: 4DX SuperMag 10.5º
Fairway Wood: 4DX 3-Wood
Hybrids: 5DX 3, 4
Irons: 4DX Pro 5-PW
Wedges: Arc 52º, 54º, VR 58ºPutter(s): SeeMore FGP OriginalBag: Org.14 Xtreme

Since 2000 (43 majors) - These are the offical sponser counts

Just curious... is that drivers or irons, or wedges... or even putters... if a player uses an Odyssey (Callaway) putter but a Ping driver, do both manufacturers get to take credit... those kind of numbers are useless, and can be skewed any number of ways.

I guess these numbers only really matter for posers

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

I would be curious, if you removed those players playing with "prototype" irons, how many would be there. That would pull Tiger out, and Phil's last Master's. Not sure about the rest?

Out of curiousity, why would you remove people playing with prototype irons? Is it because they aren't mainstream at retail outlets and thus not really comparable for the context of this discussion? Or some other reason?

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Does the amount of majors a brand has one really matter? Serious question.

All things matter. The angry man at the range is no more representative of every TM player than someone who wins a major with a bag of TM irons. There are posers and goofballs for every brand. I'd almost be willing to say that there are as many Titleist and Mizuno posers (relative to the number of overall players) as TM and Callaway any day.

BTW, having all your clubs from one OEM doesn't make someone a poser. But matching outfit and matching staff bag sure do.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I regret not getting covers for my titleist irons. it was my first expensive set and they got all knicked up in just a couple months. Next set I get im getting covers. probably keep these as practice clubs.

Why? Because someone posted that you'd stick out?

MB 710 Iron Set 5-PW Blades Steel Shafts,
Vokey Design Spin Milled Wedges 52,56,60
hybore 2iH, 3iH, 5W, Driver XL, Putter
Balls "Pro V1's", " Callaway Warbirds"
Career Low Round: 79

Ice,

I am not sure what each of those major winners club make up was, that is why I stated "offical sponser". Why would you call some a "poser" for being curious, the reason it was I posted it is b/c someone asked. Being curious is not "poser"-ish, not being curious about things is called stupidity.

Brandon,
The reason I was talking about removing the prototype clubs, was because for the most part these are not clubs available to us common players or "posers" as we are being called. FYI... I must be a Severe poser, I have 3 staff bags and they have **GASP** my name embrodiered on the bag! (However, I do use a Ping Hoofer stading bag)

Ice,

Hah! You ARE a poser! And you can't type either. When you put in your Handicap, you accidentally put a "+" instead of a "2". What?

BTW, having all your clubs from one OEM doesn't make someone a poser. But matching outfit and matching staff bag sure do.

... unless they got the game to back it up, and they better seriously be able to bring it

Ice,

Wasn't calling you a poser for posting stats, we're all curious... i just think it's information a poser will use to feel good about their clubs or justify their purchase.

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

Ice,

You wouldn't come off as a poser because you have a +2.2 index. The idea of the OP is that this guy had everything matching and couldn't hit a single ball making him appear as a "poser." That plus the piss poor attitude. If he showed up and hit every shot pure, then this post wouldn't have happened.

At the end of the day, I guess this thread shows that "most" of us think that peolpe whom are new to golf should "pay their dues" rather than come across as superstars with super expensive equipment and matching gear.. Personally, if someone wants to dish out big cash, more power to them. The ONLY thing I have a problem with is unrealistic expectations and a terrible attitude!

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Nope. They're pretty much on the mark.

You didnt happen to see me? My girlfriend was rather smoking hott lol.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

FYI... I must be a Severe poser, I have 3 staff bags and they have **GASP** my name embrodiered on the bag! (However, I do use a Ping Hoofer stading bag)

I'm probably a poser as well, or I used to be anyway. Or is a staff bag a requirement? I'm assuming those are the big bags that the pros have on tour...but I only have a stand bag. Anyway, I used to have Callaway irons, woods, Driver, bag, towel and odyssey putter. Oh yeah, Callaway balls as well. I've since been playing Mizuno irons/wedges, but still have all of the other equipment. Also, I wear primarily Nike gear. I'm definitely a poser in that respect. I love their gear.

I personally don't care what people think of my equipment and/or attire, though. As long as they can't say I was a rude golfer and they happened to enjoy playing with me, I'm good. Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Personally, if someone wants to dish out big cash, more power to them. The ONLY thing I have a problem with is unrealistic expectations and a terrible attitude!

This is what I'll agree with... I couldn't care less if someone has a matching outfit and brand-spanking new expensive clubs, but can't play golf. It's his or her decision and if they can afford it, no reason to be jealous... Attitude is a whole different thing. The reason I think most people don't like this type of "golfer" is because they USUALLY come along with the attitude of "I own the place". If someone is decked out in brand name gear, but has humility within the game, is respectful, realistic, and willing to learn, I have absolutely no problem with it... And who knows, maybe all that stuff was a christmas present from a rich uncle!

I don't know why you guys call people "posers" who wear a nike shirt and shorts... What do you want them to wear? Holed jeans and a hoodie that says "I suck at this game, please don't judge me!". Common guys, be more open and accepting! P.S. I got my Nike dri-fit shirts at Winners for $20. Maybe I'm a poser since I'm new to the game too Will you still be friends with me!!! Cheers,

I started playing golf a couple of years ago and within 6 months was very fortunate to get a near new set of TM R7 TP's. Shortly afterwards I got a new TM R7 stand-bag. Now if you saw me at the range or on the course, what would you think I played off? I feel lucky to have these clubs that should last a golfing lifetime if I look after them, thats why I use headcovers when transporting them and a rain-hood when the need arises (fairly often here in soggy Wales). Assumption is a terrible trait, at least speak to the guy before jumping to conclusions.

Funny thing how you first meet the woman that you marry. I first met the wife in a tunnel of love. She was digging it - Les Dawson

R7 TP 3i - 9i

R7 TP Superquad 9.5
R7 TP 3w
R7 TP's Rossa Daytona 1 TP Black R7 Stand-bag

Note: This thread is 3429 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!