IGNORED

"Golf Card" How do you keep score?

armandoartist
Note: This thread is 5037 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. "Golf Card" How do you keep score?

• I write the number over par like P and +1 etc
    • I write the whole number Par 4 I write 4
    • I just draw a circle for birdie and squares for bogeys
    • I don't keep score!!

I guess I write down scores the non-traditional way. -1 for birdie, 0 for par, +1 for bogey, etc. I find it's easier to add it up at the end of a round.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

I keep score for each hole in my head, then write the front 9 scores in the boxes below the hole number, with the number of putts below that. I mark the back nine scores while walking toward the clubhouse. Last time out I took 5 more putts on the back nine than the front and coincidentally took 5 more strokes. I always know where I stand relative to par. It's not rocket science.

It's not rocket science when your a 6 HC. different when your like a 15 HC or more.

MB 710 Iron Set 5-PW Blades Steel Shafts,
Vokey Design Spin Milled Wedges 52,56,60
hybore 2iH, 3iH, 5W, Driver XL, Putter
Balls "Pro V1's", " Callaway Warbirds"
Career Low Round: 79

It's not rocket science when your a 6 HC. different when your like a 15 HC or more.

9 x 5 = 45

45 x 2 = 90

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

9 x 5 = 45

:) okay ...

MB 710 Iron Set 5-PW Blades Steel Shafts,
Vokey Design Spin Milled Wedges 52,56,60
hybore 2iH, 3iH, 5W, Driver XL, Putter
Balls "Pro V1's", " Callaway Warbirds"
Career Low Round: 79

Actually, at any of the "bogey golf" handicaps (15-21 or so), if I were to keep score mentally, I would suggest relative to bogey.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I usually do both score and +/-, then i usually keep track of putts..

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Actually, at any of the "bogey golf" handicaps (15-21 or so), if I were to keep score mentally, I would suggest relative to bogey.

When I was a 15-20 capper, my personal par was a 5 on every hole. I was just as likely to save a par on a par 5 as double bogey a par 3. Hey wait a minute, that's still true.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I do -1 for birdie, - for par, +1 for bogey and +2 for double. On the next line I keep up with putts and on the third GIR's. Gives me a pretty good chance to look back on the round at the end and see how I played as well as how I scored. Works for me!!!

In my Nike SasQuatch Staff Bag:
Driver: Callaway FT-IQ 9.5 Stiff
Irons: Ping G5 4-P
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 56*, Cleveland bent to 49*
Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey
Ball: Srizon Z-Star Yellow
Range: SkyCaddie 2.5

I write down the actual number and use circles and squares for birdies and bogeys.

+1.

It's worth noting that some clubs require that scorecards be turned in to allow for peer review by the handicap committee. In that case, numbers are necessary especially when equitable stroke adjustments have to be made for posting purposes.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 5037 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!