IGNORED

WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2010

bananas
Note: This thread is 5014 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Argh....poor guy, when is he gonna sort it out.

Must be frustrating to have to go through it

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Woods is totally done...

What's worrying (for him, at least) is that after 3 weeks to work on his putting, there's absolutely no sign of improvement whatsoever.

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

I wouldn't say Tiger is done. He is going through a lot of issues this season. If I have to bet now, I would say he is going to have a winless season because there aren't too many tournaments left to play. I think he will bounce back next season.

What's worrying (for him, at least) is that after 3 weeks to work on his putting, there's absolutely no sign of improvement whatsoever.

True....I don't think he's played this bad since that 2nd Round at Quail Hollow earlier this year.

TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Im watching Tiger on shottracker on pgatour.com.....man he is spraying the ball everywhere. I guess Ill have to watch it again tonight on the GC.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I wouldn't say Tiger is done. He is going through a lot of issues this season. If I have to bet now, I would say he is going to have a winless season because there aren't too many tournaments left to play. I think he will bounce back next season.

One of the commentators, Ewan Murray, said he thought Tiger would play the PGA next week and that'll be the last we see of him 'till the Masters next year.I think he might be right.Doesn't even look interested.

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

Right now, it looks like Tiger has booked out of this round / tournament. He knows that his game isn't close to being good enough right now and he is pretty much at the verge of going through the motions.

It's difficult to watch how someone who had everything in this game can ruin it completely due to very poor decisions.

If the PGA is indeed his last tournament (which I doubt), then he should get a swing coach and train (rocky ballboa styles) all throughout the winter.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

He is +5 so far at Firestone? If he can't break par here he is in some serious trouble.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Tiger is not a naturally great putter, in my opinion, but he is a fantastic streak putter as he has proved in the past. When you combine that with a swing that is going in and out of focus, you wind up with a relatively uninterested golfer... and that is what he looks like today. Obviously the swing practice he is doing is the bandaid type of changes that work at the end of a range session but don't hold up the next day on the course. Most pros have likely been through such periods. This is just a guess but if I could get into his head, I think he is seeing shots he once hit, but taking swings that will not hit those shots. When you are in that kind of funk, the game is really hard.

RC

• Administrator
One of the commentators, Ewan Murray, said he thought Tiger would play the PGA next week and that'll be the last we see of him 'till the Masters next year.I think he might be right.Doesn't even look interested.

He's committed to the HSBC thing in China. He's committed to Dubai. He'll probably play in Australia again. He likes Torrey Pines. We'll see him before Augusta, but perhaps not in the U.S. this year.

Oh, plus there's his event in December.
This is just a guess but if I could get into his head, I think he is seeing shots he once hit, but taking swings that will not hit those shots. When you are in that kind of funk, the game is really hard.

I would agree. He can't hit the shots he used to hit with his current swing.

Look at how he won the U.S. Open in 2008. My goodness, that was his last major victory... anyway... He played big carving slices off the tee because he at least knew what the ball would do. You can't play golf if you're missing both ways, and Tiger's not only doing that, I think he's got what RC just said going on as well. He thinks he's playing a draw and he comes over it and pulls it left instead of starting it well right... stuff like that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

HAHA!

He needs to swallow his pride and asks for Butch's help again. Who knows what's going on, he doesn't look like he's even enjoying golf at all. I guess the pressure to pull up a W especially on this course might be a strain; as well as going through a divorce, you're coach bailing on you and the list goes on.

Note: This thread is 5014 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!