IGNORED

Duffers with no etiquette (playing with 2 balls)

Rexmaster
Note: This thread is 5016 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If they were a twosome and you were a single, then you should've joined them to make a threesome. Then they would most likely stop hitting two balls and your group's pace of play would've been close to the outing in front of them. Would've solved all the problems and you could've addressed the issue in a more respectful and less #sshat way.

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To the OP (I only read some of this so i may just be repeating everyone else) but....

First off if there is an outing ahead of them, they have no where to go, so who cares if they hit a few extra shots.

Second, you're lucky that all they did was yell at you. Personally, if some ••••••• intentionally hit over me i would have teed the ball back up and smoke on right back at you (and maybe a couple more for good measure). That is a total dick move and they have every right to yell at (and beat the shit out of) you. You say you didnt mean to hit them, but your a 25 handicap, 9 times out of 10 you have no idea where the ball is going. So i dont buy that excuse.

So maybe you should focus on your own etiquette (or lack thereof) and not complain about others.

Carry Bag
Hyper-X 9 Degree Stiff
Redline 13 Degree Stiff
Halo 19 Degree Hybrid Stiff
BH-5 3-PW Stiff SV Tour 52 Degree Stiff Rac Chrome 56 Degree Stiff Scotty Cameron Oil Can Santa Fe 33" Burner

Backed up course, father on an outing with his son...
And some ••••••• hitting golf balls at them out of his feeling of self-importance.

Going to guess that the rest of this 5 page thread isn't on the side of the person who gladly (and brags about) puts other people's lives at risk.

A golf ball traveling upwards of 120+ mph.. Hits you in the head, thats dangerous. You did the wrong thing here, you should just have told them at the next hole.

this is why i keep the course phone number in my cell phone. I would tell them to please play one ball, if they don't i would call the pro-shop.

Also, i played two balls before, but never to hold up play, I will also stay on the green and pratice putting if the tee is not clear and the tee is very close to the green. I don't want to be in range of 2nd shots and don't want to crowd the tee box.

Sometimes you just have to deel with it with out resorting to violence.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I only play 2 balls if I cannot see the people behind me and they cannot see me.

Even if I am not slowing play, I know that it can be annoying to see someone in front of you hitting two balls, so I don't do it unless I am sure nobody can see.

As for the OP, please don't hit into people, it's very dangerous.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

To the OP. Maybe you should have untied the knot in your panties and started to play 2 balls yourself. I am sure the extra practice wouldn't hurt you and your walk would be much more comfortable.

To the OP. Maybe you should have untied the knot in your panties and started to play 2 balls yourself. I am sure the extra practice wouldn't hurt you and your walk would be much more comfortable.

Thanks I needed that laugh.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

******** PRESS RELEASE ********
For immediate release
August 9, 2010

USGA Announces Annual DAGOY Awards
Illinois Man Recipient in Landslide Voting

Far Hills, NJ - The United States Golf Association (USGA) announced today that Mr. Rexmaster from Illinois is their annual "Dumb Ass Golfer of the Year" (DAGOY) award recipient for 2010. Mr. Rexmaster won this year's award for his egregiously idiotic and dangerous behavior on his local municipal golf course. The USGA solicits nominatations from its member clubs from across the United States, as well as from public media outlets. A USGA special committee selects six finalists from over ten thousand nominations each year, and the USGA Executive Council then votes on these semifinalists to determine a winner. This year, for the first time in the 25-year history of the award, the voting was unanimous.

"In the past years, the selection of our DAGOY winner has been difficult" said James Hyler, USGA President. "However this year, it was easy for the committe to select a winner despite a record number of nominations." Mr Hyler cited the key factors in Mr. Rexmaster's selection were his extreme impatience, blatant disregard for other player's safety, and his apparent lack of any remorse after bragging about his feats on a popular golf internet forum. "However, we were most swayed by the statements of one twosome playing in front of Mr. Rexmaster" stated Mr. Hyler, adding that Mr. Rexmaster's actions "were especially troubling to children trying to learn this great game".

The twosome refered to by Mr. Hyler were Anthony Anderson and his son Timmy, playing in the group in front of Mr. Rexmaster on the local Illinois muni course. "I was very shocked by Mr. Rexmaster's obnoxious actions, and frightened for the safety of my son" stated Mr. Anderson. But Timmy Anderson, age 12, expressed the incident in a way that clearly impacted the USGA voters. "My dad has been battling prostate cancer for the last year, and this might have been the last round of golf we'd ever play together" said Timmy. The elder Anderson added "we played an extra ball or two every once in awhile, just trying to maximize our short remaining time together. The course was already backed up, so we weren't keeping anyone from playing faster than they otherwise might".

The USGA presents the DAGOY at a special ceremony shortly following its annual championships such as the men's, women's, and senior US Opens. As befits an organization founded "truly for the love of the game", the DAGOY award does not have any monetary prize so as to not impact a member's amateur standing. The recipient does, however, receive a lovely engraved plaque and certificate of authenticity so that the winner can easily show his or her friends just how big of ass they really are.

Please contact the USGA for further information or to submit nominations for the 2011 golf season.

The United States Golf Association
P.O. Box 708
Far Hills, N.J. 07931

******** END RELEASE ********

When I play with balls, I prefer there to be two.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

I can take all constructive criticisms for what I did, but no name callings please!
These twosomes were intentionally holding up play by hitting two balls regardless of pace of the course. That was why I got frustrated. Especially, on Par 3, they would not get off the green.
It's acceptable for them to hold up and have people wait behind them, but not acceptable for them to wait?

Ping G15 10.5° Driver with Aldila NVS 65-S 
Ping G15 15.5° 3 wood
Adams: IDEA A3 3H, (A7)4H, 5H, 6, 7, 8, 9 irons, PW
Cleveland:CG12 56°, 60°
Nike: IC 20-10 Putter

These twosomes were intentionally holding up play by hitting two balls regardless of pace of the course.

(I hesitate to prolong this thread, but...) Rexmaster, since you're being kind enough to continue to participate, I have to ask something that I don't believe has been established yet:

Was the group in front of you keeping up with the group in front of them? If they were, they were doing nothing wrong. Give them their chance to putt around on the green if they're waiting for the next fairway to clear, then you can do the same when you get to the green. If OTOH there was an open hole ahead of them, you have every right to be frustrated (as long as you handle it in the appropriate way, as others have given examples of.)

Bill

Wow, I think the OP realizes he didn’t make the best decision by hitting into the twosome. Calling him names and saying you would inflict bodily harm upon him if he made the same decision while you were playing in front of him is pretty elementary. Grow up.

To the OP (I only read some of this so i may just be repeating everyone else) but....

Gee that solves the issue. Makes you just as big of an ••••••• as the OP.

In my bag

Driver - c3 bullet 10.5 degree
Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood
Hybrids- 3dx 3 and 4Irons- 3dx 5-pwWedges- Purespin golf tour series gw,sw,lwPutter- antiguaBall - :taylormade: Burner TP

(I hesitate to prolong this thread, but...) Rexmaster, since you're being kind enough to continue to participate, I have to ask something that I don't believe has been established yet:

This will be my final posting for this thread to answer your question and make few things clear.

Yes, they had open hole ahead of them the entire back nine! When I drove ball over them, they were about 250 yards out. /Thread

Ping G15 10.5° Driver with Aldila NVS 65-S 
Ping G15 15.5° 3 wood
Adams: IDEA A3 3H, (A7)4H, 5H, 6, 7, 8, 9 irons, PW
Cleveland:CG12 56°, 60°
Nike: IC 20-10 Putter

Note: This thread is 5016 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!