IGNORED

2010 PGA Championship

senorchipotle
Note: This thread is 5008 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if thats a bunker how come people were standing in/around it?

Because it's outside the ropes so technically there's nothing stopping the people from stepping in it. They've been talking about this all week, idk how the pro's aren't aware of this rule by now...

l Bag l TaylorMade Stand Bag

l Driver l TaylorMade '07 Burner 9.5* l 3-Wood l Titleist 910F 15* (D1 shaft setting)

l Hybrids l TaylorMade '07 Burner 19* : TaylorMade '10 Rescue 22*

l Irons l TaylorMade r7 5-PW l Wedges l Titleist Bob Vokey 52* 56* 60*

l Putter l Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34" l Balls l TaylorMade Penta TP

Because it's outside the ropes so technically there's nothing stopping the people from stepping in it. They've been talking about this all week, idk how the pro's aren't aware of this rule by now...

then they are stupid for keeping the course that way. Ive been to tour events and many courses have stuff that looks like that by sunday.

By Johnsons reaction when leaving the scoring room it looked like a 2shot penalty.

And it was.

The following sticks of wonder are found in the orange bag of carrying
Driver : R9 460 9.5 Regular
Rescue : Halo 2i Regular
Irons : X20 tour 3-p Project X 5.0
Wedges : Vokey 52, XFT 56, 60Putter : VP 109

It is incredibly gut wrenching, but rules are rules.
The caddie should have been aware, and professionals need to be certain.

Go BUBBA!

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

PGA making up for no Tiger by screwing over Johnson. What a load of horseshi*

My gear:
warbird stand bag
909 D2 Driver 9.5 deg
2008 baffler pro hybrid 18, 20 deg
3-PW X-20 Tour Irons 56, 60 degree vokey wedge spin milled crimson series 660 putter pro v1 balls

He definitely grounded the club, especially before he even set up. But that should not be declared a bunker. Very unfortunate for Dustin Johnson and he deserves a chance to win this tournament.

In my bag.

Driver R7
Woods S9-1 F (3 & 5)
Irons MP-67 (3-pw)Wedges Tom Watson Classics (GW, LW)Putter: Classic 1Ball Pro V1 or Tour i(s) just cause I can get them at Walmart

Wow, I didn't even realize that was a bunker the first time I watched it through. But it's not my job to know the course, so tough break.

There was no question that he set up beside his ball with the club grounded in the bunker, took a practice swing that looked like it took some sand. Then did it again, set up behind the ball with the club grounded again (I think) and hit out. It didn't look like he thought it was a bunker at all. Poor guy, but you gotta be awake out there.

[They're still talking about it on the online coverage and the guys are blathering some crap about a 3 stroke penalty because his score went from -1 to +1. Wake up guys, that's 2 strokes.... off topic here, but that's some of the worst commentator coverage I've ever had the displeasure of listening to. Thank goodness for Mute]

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Thats complete bullshit, people are walking through those bunkers. Do they get to rake them before they play? I mean wtf if you hit into a footprint.

Thats the penalty for hitting in a bunker at this course. Kids are building sand castles in them...guess what, play it as it lies.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That sucks, but I love to see a playoff.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

When I saw him ground his club before the whole shadow deal my jaw dropped. They've been talking about it all week at worst he should have took the time to get a ruling. I feel for Dustin man that's heartbreaking but I want to see Bubba get this done.
Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

I want to see it. I thought it was over by now so Im glad I turned it back on.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5008 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!