IGNORED

2010 PGA Championship

senorchipotle
Note: This thread is 5008 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, I was out all night and just tuned in.Could someone please give an overview of what's happened today?Much to my regret I've missed all of it.I'd be very grateful, thanks.
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

Congrats to Kaymer.

Ditto.......

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Congrats to Kaymer.

Same here. And thanks to Bubba Watson for providing a little crowd excitement with that bunker shot on 18!

My Implements of Destruction (carried in a Hoofer Lite bag):

DRIVER: Big Bertha Diablo 10 degree draw, Aldila regular flex
FAIRWAY WOODS: G2 14 degree 3 wood & 17 degree 5 wood
IRONS: S59 3-PWWEDGES: M/B 54, 58, & 60 degree PUTTER: I Series Anser 4 (or G5i Anser, Anser 2F, or original...

cant believe bubba came up so short on his second on the 18th playoff hole.

WITB:

Fast 10 10.5* Driver  |  adams.gif Fast 10 15* 3 Wood  |  adams.gif Idea V3 19* Hybrid  |  titleist.gif 710 AP1 4-GW  |    55* and 60* Wedges  |  Lajosi KLP7J Putter

Hey guys, I was out all night and just tuned in.Could someone

dustin johnson has a 1 stroke lead going into 18. he blocks his drive way out right into what was (apparently) a bunker. looked like a worn away section of dirt/sand. he grounds the club. doesnt realize its a penalty. bogeys the hole and is told there is a 2 shot penalty for groudning the club. misses playoff by 2 shots instead of tying for playoff. bubba watson loses to martin kaymer in playoff after putting his approach on 18 in the creek.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Bubba posts 11-under early. Elkington misses an eagle putt for the lead at 16, then drives through the green at 17 to end his chances. McIlroy has a birdie putt at 18 to tie, but misses. Kaymer gets up-and-down from the bank at 18 to tie Watson. DJ birdies 17 to take the lead, then drives way right at 18 into a trampled-down area. DJ hooks approach well left, but pitches to within six feet for the win. Putt never has a chance; three-way playoff.

But wait! DJ's drive wound up in what appeared to be a bunker, and grounded his club. The world waits for a ruling...and waits...and waits some more. Finally, judgement is handed down: two strokes for DJ. Three men drop to two before the first shot is fired, and Watson and Kaymer head to the tenth tee. Watson's drive reaches the foot of the green; Kaymer's, the lip of a fairway bunker. Kaymer manages par, but Watson birdies for a one-shot lead. At 17, Watson plays for the middle of the green, but Kaymer gets it to 15 feet. Good lag by Watson, but Kaymer makes the equalizer. All square with one to play. Both tee shots at 18 find the right rough; Watson's away, but Kaymer is absolutely buried. Bubba takes dead aim, but ball doesn't jump from the lie: his approach is well short and in the creek. Kaymer chips out, but still has a mid-iron left for his third. Kaymer is distracted by a spectator, but regroups brilliantly to leave a 20-footer for the win. Watson's pitch after the drop goes through the green into a bunker, seemingly ending his chances. He blasts it out...it's tracking hard at the hole...it jams the pin, but stays out! Kaymer's par putt rolls three feet past; worse, he now has to watch Watson putt out. Bubba holes for a double bogey, but Kaymer's bogey putt has no doubt, and Germany claims it's second major champion.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Must be an instant classic---check for any TV replays--if you didn't record it, maybe you could watch a replay on CBS.com

Overview Windy, clear skies Overton tees off first and finishes in just over 2 hours, setting a speed record. Watney starts off with a bogey and it's all downhill for him there. Moobs has a good round, all smiles at the end of his day (as usual). Then its MK, DJ, BW, RM, Elkington, and ZJ all competing for the lead. At the final hole, interesting events occur for DJ. Playoff

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Kind of a letdown all the way after Rory missed his birdie putt. A 4-way playoff with Rory, Dustin, Bubba, and Martin could have been awesome. Instead, Rory misses by 1, we get the whole Dustin snafu, Bubba mishits his approach on the 75th, and Martin makes a 2-foot putt for bogey to win.

In the Ogio Blade Light bag:

Driver: TM R7 Draw HT
Fairway Wood: Maxfli C3 3W 15*
Hybrids: Nickent 4DX IW 17* 2H, 3DX IW DC 20* 3H | Callaway FT 26* draw 5H Irons: Titleist 704.CB 7-PW Wedges: 52, 56, 58 Putter: Ping Karsten Craz-E Ball: Callaway Warbird

Thankyou very much guys.What in the world happened to Nicky?
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

DJ got screwed on that deal. just saw what happened, and the definition of ''bunker'' for WS doesn't really make much sense to me. by their definition, a divot is considered a bunker. gotta feel for the guy, this was a great opportunity for redemption.

• Administrator
DJ got screwed on that deal. just saw what happened, and the definition of ''bunker'' for WS doesn't really make much sense to me. by their definition, a divot is considered a bunker. gotta feel for the guy, this was a great opportunity for redemption.

The Rules of Golf define "bunker." Look it up. The PGA just made players aware that any such area were bunkers and not waste areas. Divots aren't included - not even close.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thankyou very much guys.What in the world happened to Nicky?

Watney lost his lead after one hole, and became an afterthought after triple-bogeying the seventh. He finished with an 81.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I'm a rules stickler, but this doesn't sit right.

My only problem with the ruling was that yea, his ball was near a bunker, but the area in which his ball was at rest looked to be outside the margin of the bunker and an area where sand had been pushed out of the bunker - it was literally a 1x1 foot area of sand connected to the "bunker". Sorry, if I was Johnson I would have brought the Rules official out and had him define where the margin of the bunker was and show that his ball was indeed inside the margin of the bunker.

I'm hoping Golf Channel goes out to the scene of the crime.

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

The Rules of Golf define "bunker." Look it up. The PGA just made players aware that any such area were bunkers and not waste areas. Divots aren't included - not even close.

The rules official who was interviewed on CBS (the same one who made the ruling? Does anyone know?) said that "anything with sand is a bunker". That's not the Rules of Golf definition, obviously, but that's what he said. And apparently what the ruling what based on.

Watney lost his lead after one hole, and became an afterthought after triple-bogeying the seventh. He finished with an 81.

an 81?jeez it's like Johnson at the U.S. Open all over again.Feel for him, he's such a nice guy.Feel for Dustin Johnson too, twice now he's had a good chance at a Major.He's buildin' up some scar tissue already.

Note: This thread is 5008 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!