IGNORED

My Swing (stricklerlee)

stricklerlee
Note: This thread is 2195 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, stricklerlee said:

I'm sorry. I've been slicing a couple and pulling with a minor hook. I don't understand why I'm making these shots so enlighten me...

Got me. Nothing in that one recent video looks like a pull/slice type swing.

Like I said, some slow-mo from some better camera angles would be helpful.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
56 minutes ago, stricklerlee said:

It seems to me that I haven't changed my backswing at all! LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpJWGT9Z418&index=2&list=UUYJ0_r4hTP9Re9F7AazqwnA

That's not a valid URL.

https://thesandtrap.com/how-to/embed-videos/

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

So you haven't changed your backswing "at all." What did you expect to happen? It's been how long? A week? And you're swinging at full speed? What are you trying to change? Where are the videos of you doing it slowly, having success at changing the picture, etc.?

Change takes time.

Rule 4 says-

Post good videos. Read this: http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing and don't post a lousy quality video or a practice swing. Videos should be embedded. The better the video and the easier it is to watch, the more and the better responses you'll get.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

3 minutes ago, Phil McGleno said:

Rule 4 says-

Post good videos. Read this: http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing and don't post a lousy quality video or a practice swing. Videos should be embedded. The better the video and the easier it is to watch, the more and the better responses you'll get.

I'm sorry since I haven't been on this board for a few years. So I probably need to dust off some and come up with a new swing video while hitting at the golf range. Very sorry...will post the next video at the golf range.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, stricklerlee said:

I'm sorry since I haven't been on this board for a few years. So I probably need to dust off some and come up with a new swing video while hitting at the golf range. Very sorry...will post the next video at the golf range.

Yeah that was blunt but I was about to say the same thing. It's a lot easier to change something when you aren't trying to flush a ball with speed, too.

Take your time. Changing things takes a LONG time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Got a face-on video?

• 2 weeks later...

Well I’ll be posting a face on video on Sunday; however, I have found a couple of swing flaws. 

I’ve found that at nearing the top of my backswing my swing appears flat and coming down my swing it appears steep. It looks minor but I can’t seem to correct it. Any swing thoughts or drills to help fix it?

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, stricklerlee said:

I’ve found that at nearing the top of my backswing my swing appears flat and coming down my swing it appears steep.

I don't know that I agree.

3 hours ago, stricklerlee said:

Well I’ll be posting a face on video on Sunday; however, I have found a couple of swing flaws. 

I’ve found that at nearing the top of my backswing my swing appears flat and coming down my swing it appears steep. It looks minor but I can’t seem to correct it. Any swing thoughts or drills to help fix it?

I actually think the backswing looks pretty good - hard to tell as the camera angle is still poor (re-read the thread posted above about filming it) and we can't tell where the clubface is at the top of the backswing. Agree that you could certainly shallow the club a lot more in the downswing from this angle, but there's something else going on if you're jumping out of the shot the way you are through impact. Face on video would definitely help.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Administrator

What are you working on? Addressing the flip or something else?

Note: This thread is 2195 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!