IGNORED

Who else is geeked about the EPL...

bwdial
Note: This thread is 4948 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My first soccer game when I was seven or so was against a traveling team called the Strikers.

Getting killed in indoor is the worst because you're chasing even more furiously and giving up goals even faster. It's utterly demoralizing.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

All these Yankee Scousers (or, Scanks...teehee)...man

I hate to say it because I loathe what City stand for, but the football they're playing looks like it's going to hold up. I'm not sure about Tevez isolated up top, but the midfield play is rock solid (with a few healthy, violent kicks from DeJong to boot).

They might be the third best team in England if Arsenal can't keep it together.

I root for the Gunners in the EPL, but I don't know. I think it's a league of 2 with United and Chelsea, then a league of 3-5 with Gunners, City and Spurs/Liverpool/Everton.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

Getting killed in indoor is the worst because you're chasing even more furiously and giving up goals even faster. It's utterly demoralizing.

Not to mention the rug-burn.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

well, a win against trabzospor(whoever the hell they are) in the europa league, dirk committing to liverpool, plus a gimme against west brom at home this sunday will hopefully raise the morale at anfield. although, it would have been nice to have an aquilani at peak form distributing from the midfield. i wonder if paul scholes has a clone out there somewhere roaming around merseyside, hmmm.

well, a win against trabzospor(whoever the hell they are) in the europa league, dirk committing to liverpool, plus a gimme against west brom at home this sunday will hopefully raise the morale at anfield. although, it would have been nice to have an aquilani at peak form distributing from the midfield. i wonder if paul scholes has a clone out there somewhere roaming around merseyside, hmmm.

A gimme?

Not a chance its a gimme,don't ever fall in to that trap for goodness sake. Liverpool aren't playing well enough to call any game a gimme. Sure its a game they should and probably will win but these are the type of games we messed up in last year.

A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him

Am I the only Yank Scouser who does not care for Kuyt? With the shortage of scoring talent up front (other than Torres of course) I don't want my wide midfielders top three traits to be work rate-defense-work rate while defending.

His best passes are square balls, rarely beats anyone off the dribble, and passes in the final third are severely lacking. He can finish in the box if the opposing left back forgets abou him and the ball is on a platter or a rbound falls his way.

(puts on helmet to protect self from certain rocks heading my direction).

YNWA

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

Am I the only Yank Scouser who does not care for Kuyt? With the shortage of scoring talent up front (other than Torres of course) I don't want my wide midfielders top three traits to be work rate-defense-work rate while defending.

I'm not a Kuyt fan, but his crossing is serviceable, and his ability to cut the ball back to a trailing man (and see that pass) is serviceable also. Still, if Kuyt is smart, he stays in England. Some of the varnish'll come off in Italy - a country/league that values guile, technical ability and tactical intelligence more than it values work rate and being 'stuck in'.

You never walk alone !
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

well, being from texas i'd never refer to myself as a yank, or allow anyone else to do so, but i am partial to kuyt. he's a hustler and he gets the job done when he has to. he's not a flash player, but he's got just as much heart as wayne rooney albeit with less talent. not that i wouldn't prefer to see a one two combo with david villa and fernando torres up front. but hey, you live with what you got. he's loyal, and he looks like sloth from the goonies, could you ask for anything more?

holy crap man... a 10 man west brom squad at anfield no less, and we only win by a goal?!? WTF? we need some distribution!

The West Brom player was sent off with 3 minutes left,so it was hardly a 10 man team Liverpool beat.

Great goal from Torres today.

A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him

With the departure of Alonso and now Javier Mascherano , KOPS need to find someone to fill the midfield.

Selling Alonso is a big mistake in 2009.
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

West Ham's defense is a sieve and the offense is just offensive... just brutal. Nine goals against, and no goals scored from open play. I think our only goal came from the penalty spot and we even missed another. God, even my fantasy team is taking it prison style.

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

• 3 weeks later...
West Ham got a point!

EPL

Yeah... but has Inter ever won a World Cup? West Ham has. :p

Yeah... but has Inter ever won a World Cup? West Ham has. :p

West Ham hasn't even made it to a club world cup. Maybe one day!

What's in my standbag:

Driver: Burner Superfast 9.5

Hybrids: Raylor

Irons:: JPX 800 4-GW

Wedges: SV Wedges 56/58/60

Putter: Monza Spyder

Note: This thread is 4948 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!