IGNORED

whats the first thing i will notice playing the 695 mb's

Note: This thread is 4993 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

eh, sorry but im gonna disagree here with CrazyXGolfer. I would never expect a swing like that to be hitting blades. but if it works for you, then hats off to you.

That wasn't a full swing though - it was a 3/4 knockdown or something.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea I need to turn my shoulders more to make it more of a full backswing. I just feel a little weird doing that but Il start working on it. Ive noticed alot of times players dont go all the way back with their irons though, maybe they are just trying to controll the power

oh.........?

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

and why is max power making a big deal that I got some new irons or blades oooo. Dude's got 3 drivers , 6 fairway metals, like 3 sets of irons including blades, 5 wedges, 3 putters. haha and dont say that its ok because hes a 6.5 handicap. I play with a guy every week that is a 5 handicap and his ball striking isnt that much better than mine at all.

I agree though, You shouldnt buy blades if you dont strike the ball fairly well and especially if you dont hit them well. I remember trying some blades along time ago and I couldnt stand them because I felt that vibration when I hit an off shot. I surprizingly dont get that with my mizunos.

and why is max power making a big deal that I got some new irons or blades oooo. Dude's got 3drivers hybrids of every degree, like 3 sets of irons including blades, 5 wedges, 3 putters. haha and dont say that its ok because hes a 6.5 handicap. I play with a guy every week that is a 5 handicap and his ball striking isnt that much better than mine at all.

Here's why (possibly):

1.) He didn't start a thread asking for opinions on his club choices 2.) He's a classic club ho 3.) Skateboarding accident I almost don't like the Mizunos (ALMOST) for that very reason. The butter. Whether it's a hot knife through butter or a hot sledgehammer trough butter - it always with the butter. Seriously, if mishits felt worse I might have given them up years ago and picked up some GI irons more suited to my game.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I almost don't like the Mizunos (ALMOST) for that very reason. The butter. Whether it's a hot knife through butter or a hot sledgehammer trough butter - it always with the butter. Seriously, if mishits felt worse I might have given them up years ago and picked up some GI irons more suited to my game.

didnt see this part originally. Its all about the butter man,lol but I also tried those blades right when I started playing too. I should probably hit some titleist blades and see how they are some time.

eh, sorry but im gonna disagree here with CrazyXGolfer. I would never expect a swing like that to be hitting blades. but if it works for you, then hats off to you.

My swing does look anything like that, but I still have alot to fix in my swing. If your a consistant ball striker and you like the way somthing looks the is no reason not to pkay blades.

I can post a vid of my golf swing if you would, just might have to give me a few hours, I have no vids of this computer.

Driver: 909D3 8.5* Diamana White Board X
3 Wood: MP 630 15* GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH RED X
Hybrid: 909H 19* "Real" VooDoo X
3 - P: MP-68 KBS Tour Black Nickel X
56* 10 Wedge Vr60* 06 Wedge: VrPutter: Custom Made.Golf Ball: TOUR B330SI am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was....

Here's why (possibly):

You just about nailed all the reasons. The injury is a torn ligament from my time as a police officer (can also add broken leg and cracked ribs to the list). I am definitely a classic club ho. As I stated in other threads, the vast majority of my gear was purchased used. If you add up the whole mess of clubs I listed you'll see that it makes 3 sets exactly. I like having two sets, especially because of the wrist injury-and I like having a set for friends to use when flying in from out of town.

motteler621, if I came off too harsh then I apologize, when I said I'm glad you like your irons I meant it-I just wasn't buying the reasons you cited for ditching the AP2s. And I do strike the ball pretty well, about what you'd expect from 6.5 handicap I guess.

You just about nailed all the reasons. The injury is a torn ligament from my time as a police officer (can also add broken leg and cracked ribs to the list). I am definitely a classic club ho. As I stated in other threads, the vast majority of my gear was purchased used. If you add up the whole mess of clubs I listed you'll see that it makes 3 sets exactly. I like having two sets, especially because of the wrist injury-and I like having a set for friends to use when flying in from out of town.

understandable, Im not giving you any crap by any means, not how I am. As far as the AP2's I got crap from folks on here about them as well when I got those, its like you have to buy ping g15 irons if your handicap isnt under 10 or you get lectured

understandable, Im not giving you any crap by any means, not how I am. As far as the AP2's I got crap from folks on here about them as well when I got those, its like you have to buy ping g15 irons if your handicap isnt under 10 or you get lectured

Well, I clearly came across too strong, especially considering I agree that you should play whatever the hell you want. And I was probably a 15 handicap at the beginning of last year, so I know that you can be relatively consistent without breaking into single digits.

hey guys this thread goes out to fellow and past owners of this clubs as well as people who first transitioned from a cavity to blade. i went from cleveland cg golds to callaway x 20 tours. i decided id jump on a set of 695's when i found them pretty cheap on ebay. my iron play is my strength, and as ive jumped sets and dropped my handicap im feeling ever more confident but still a little nervous going to an mb club. id like to hear what curve others experienced, thank you!

For you handicap , Get fitted , either cb or mb , blade , they will work fine . Just need some time to a

learn to play the new club. I was 10 hcp when I move from cb before I move to current blade set . I play the best golf now .
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

and why is max power making a big deal that I got some new irons or blades oooo. Dude's got 3 drivers , 6 fairway metals, like 3 sets of irons including blades, 5 wedges, 3 putters. haha and dont say that its ok because hes a 6.5 handicap. I play with a guy every week that is a 5 handicap and his ball striking isnt that much better than mine at all.

btw... i bet most of the guys on this forum have way more equipment than max power does. he just listed them in his signature.

i have 3 drivers, 5 fairway woods, 2 sets of irons, like 8 god damn wedges, and 4 putters.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Note: This thread is 4993 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!