IGNORED

How do they hit it so far???

WhiteMF
Note: This thread is 4824 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

They're not all as tall as Phil. So how tiny are you?

5'9" 150 lbs and I carry the ball 290 regularly so you do the math.If I have longer arm and torso, that would actually be more important in having power. LIke I said power Is not a big deal. Most people don't have power becasue they don't understand how to swing a club. It is not fitness, It is more technique than anything. I could swing 3/4 and 80 percent be longer than 95 percent of the guys who play golf. Most longer hitter could swing easy and still be long.

Don't we all occasionally hit balls so perfectly that go 30-40 yards beyond our usual shot with that club. Well, the pros get that perfect swing and contact all the time.

--Btw, it is not perfect swing.A power swing could be full of compensations,actually a perfect swing is probabably less a power swing. Do you understand how to release a club?? Do you understand how to create forearm rotation.Not do it by habit,but how a forearm release is created. Do you know how to create lag consiciously??.

Look at Charles Howell. He's what, 150 lbs soppiing wet? He hits the ball a long way.

Villegas, who obviously works out alot, should be way longer than Howell if you're considering strength wise, but Howell is just as long if not longer than Villegas.

Rory McIIroy probably doesn't stand taller than 5' 10" and he hits it farther than Howell and Viilegas.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5'9" 150 lbs and I carry the ball 290 regularly so you do the math.

No, no you don't and I'm almost willing to be my paycheck on it. The PGA tour average is 286.9 and that's carry and roll. As much as you'd like to be you're not in the top 10% of the golfers in the world. You're delusional.

I'm 5'10" and weigh 230 and I average about 250-260. I guarantee I could throw you 5 yards though!

Driver: VRS 9.5 degrees

Fairway Wood: 13 degrees
Hybrid: A3 19 degrees

Irons: i20's  Yellow dot

Wedges: Vokey's 52, 56 & 60

Putter: 2 ball

Ball: Penta; ProV

I almost wish announcers would stop talking about what club a pro is hitting from the tee. It creates such a false sense of distance it's almost a worthless statistic. The next time you hear "he's got 220 to the flag, he's hitting a 5 iron" remember the following:

1. Pro's are at the top of the heap when it comes to physical fitness. Not only are their cores very strong but they work extensively on flexibility.
2. A pro's equipment is absolutely perfectly matched to his swing. Their shafts are pured and are perfectly tuned to their swing speeds.
3. The lofts on a pro's set of irons, or woods generally look nothing like the lofts you see on the rack. Their 7 iron might be your 5 iron.
4. Pro's hit the sweetspot far more often than we do. Ever make a nice easy swing and absolutely nuke the ball over the green? They do that all the time!
5. Pro's posses a tempo we can only dream of :)

No, no you don't and I'm almost willing to be my paycheck on it. The PGA tour average is 286.9 and that's carry and roll. As much as you'd like to be you're not in the top 10% of the golfers in the world. You're delusional.

Well,first of all, I am in the top 10% of the golfer in the world. Not PGA,but general golfer. Secondly, Notice I said I carry the ball 290 regularly. I did not say that is what I average,meaning I could repeat that swing and I have an exact ideal what I am doing.if you want to make that bet, if you are ever in the LA area. I'll gladly take your money.And here is the video, i posted earlier, and that fence is about 50-60 foot high and 260 away.I am still working on my swing after a three year layoff and I agree it is a crappy swing that I need to work on but i love for the more knowlegeble folks on this forum to say that is not a power swing. I routinely hit that fence 30,40 and sometimes 50 feet up,check out the lauch angle on the video. I live in Hacienda Heights and the locals know where that range is and I doubt anyone there will call me a liar.

Lastly, if you are 5'10" and 230 and average 250-260, I would probably keep that to myself.And I love for you to post yor swing,maybe we can figure out why you are not maximizing your power potential.

well i often wondered how they hit so much farther. They all have very sound swings and another very good reason is their swing speed. Yes they deloft the iron and hit a decending blow but their swing speed is atleast 15-20 mph faster than mine. I hit my driver around 250-270 and my swing speed is about 100mph. When watching pros on tv they show their swing speed with a driver on holes somtimes. They are up around 120mph so you are going to get alot more yards with a swing that is 20mph faster.

I guarentee if you add 20mph to all my shots they are going to be going alot farther. Driver would easily be around 300

Well,first of all, I am in the top 10% of the golfer in the world. Not PGA,but general golfer. Secondly, Notice I said I carry the ball 290 regularly. I did not say that is what I average,meaning I could repeat that swing and I have an exact ideal what I am doing.if you want to make that bet, if you are ever in the LA area. I'll gladly take your money.And here is the video, i posted earlier, and that fence is about 50-60 foot high and 260 away.I am still working on my swing after a three year layoff and I agree it is a crappy swing that I need to work on but i love for the more knowlegeble folks on this forum to say that is not a power swing. I routinely hit that fence 30,40 and sometimes 50 feet up,check out the lauch angle on the video. I live in Hacienda Heights and the locals know where that range is and I doubt anyone there will call me a liar.

I've played against a lot of 2 handicaps, both in high school and in club championships. If you're carrying a 2 handicap with that swing your short game must be

AMAZING . You keep following that dream though, you make me smile! PS: It must be a blast hitting balls in that cage you call a range. You do know that bouncing the balls off the left and right sides doesn't count right?

Here is the thing I don't get about lot of folks. I have 3 guys mocking me already on stuff I know I could do and have demonstrated to a few folks at the place I practice at, but they don't want to know why. They rather mock something they don't understand. There is a way things work and it is an technique to hitting the ball far,and I don't lost power from day to day because I UNDERSTAND HOW IT WORKS but just because you don't understand , does not mean it does not exist.

Consistency is hard but power is actually pretty simple to me. Seperation and connection and hitting a wall. You are trying to create as much seperation between the upper and lower body. Get lower body to impact postion than hit the wall and stop.This will create seperation. The upper body and elbow than will catch up and connect with the right hip which will create the snap and rotation of the forearm.AND THE MORE YOU GO INSIDE- OUT THE MORE FOREARM ROTATION YOU GET,another key to power.Not saying it is the only way but for skinnier guys like me who are not particularly strong who want power, we have to create the seperation and snap and get the hip ahead first.

Look I don't mean to sound lime an arrogant !@#$,but a simple key is to get your right elbow as close to your right hip as possible at slot without losing the wrist cock. I doubt either of the folks that mock me do it nor understand it. few amature actually do it and all pros do it. IF you just do that,the pros maybe 30-40 years ahead of you,but what like the average male drives the ball like 200,210,220. That is just rediculous.

I've played against a lot of 2 handicaps, both in high school and in club championships. If you're carrying a 2 handicap with that swing your short game must be

No I am a ball striker and always been a ball striker.Crappy putter. I use to eat 2 handicaps for Launch.I am being modest when I say I am a 2.3. I have not had a official handicap for years. SHows you what you guys know about a swing. The flat bottom and ascending blow is what counts.On my short irons I go straight up and down.Drive the ball on the fairway and hit short irons and that is how you score and I do both well. Really good driver of the ball because of the flat bootom and ascending blow which obviously you guys don't understand and I could hit wedges. Like I said, I would like the more knowlegeable folks on this forum to call me a liar on that swing or what I am saying. You guys are so off. I am going to post another swing soon and it is going to be much better- you can count on it. I change swing like I change cloths.and when I do, I expect apologies. I am taking names you know.

No I am a ball striker and always been a ball striker.Crappy putter. I use to eat 2 handicaps for Launch.I am being modest when I say I am a 2.3. I have not had a official handicap for years. SHows you what you guys know about a swing. The flat bottom and ascending blow is what counts.On my short irons I go straight up and down.Drive the ball on the fairway and hit short irons and that is how you score and I do both well. Really good driver of the ball because of the flat bootom and ascending blow which obviously you guys don't understand and I could hit wedges. Like I said, I would like the more knowlegeable folks on this forum to call me a liar on that swing or what I am saying. You guys are so off. I am going to post another swing soon and it is going to be much better- you can count on it. I change swing like I change cloths.and when I do, I expect apologies. I am taking names you know.

Whatever. I eat food for "launch". If you're this good then stop practicing your "290 carry" and focus on putting.

Whatever. I eat food for "launch". If you're this good then stop practicing your "290 carry" and focus on putting.

People do what is fun for them. For me,been there,done that.I am in my 40s done scratch,probably been plus. Shot 69-70 in PGA playing ability. Btw,That is verifyable, and I dare you put money down on that. Anyways don't have time to play much anymore,so I mess around at the range. I was hoping to share some knowlege but people like you really make it not worth the while.

Are you guys here to discuss golf or mock people?? You know like the adult way to deal with people when you doubt people's sincerety or knowlege is to ask some questions first. You know like I am going to ask you how lag is created or how or what is a release.Just simple questions. Time to google.Funny that you have the audacity .

People do what is fun for them. For me,been there,done that.I am in my 40s done scratch,probably been plus. Shot 69-70 in PGA playing ability. Btw,That is verifyable, and I dare you put money down on that. Anyways don't have time to play much anymore,so I mess around at the range. I was hoping to share some knowlege but this is not working out well so far.

Tell you what sport. I have to travel to Salt Lake City next month for a meeting. If you're willing to put your money where your mouth is I'll book a flight to LA after my meeting and we'll have a little game of it. I'll even let you pick the course. My college roommate lives in Manhattan Beach and I owe him a visit anyway. Here are the terms though: 1. 18 holes of stroke play. You should be giving me 4 strokes but I'll play you straight up. We'll play the round under tournament rules. No lifts, no gimmes. No touching the ball....period. 2. We'll play for $1000 3. A neutral party will hold the money and walk/ride with us and act as an official. The money will be CASH and will be given to the neutral party BEFORE the match begins. Let me know if you're game and I'll see if I can make it happen.

Tell you what sport. I have to travel to Salt Lake City next month for a meeting. If you're willing to put your money where your mouth is I'll book a flight to LA after my meeting and we'll have a little game of it. I'll even let you pick the course.

Nope,lets do this. Like I said, I don't play much anymore,and I already mentioned a three year layoff.I don't bet on something unless I am sure,who knows you could be a sandbagger,but I will bet that money if you come to Hacienda Heights and go to the range I mess around at to see if my 290carry is true or not.

Nope,lets do this. Like I said, I don't play much anymore,and I already mentioned a three year layoff.I don't bet on something unless I am sure,who knows you could be a sandbagger,but I will bet that money if you come to Hacienda Heights and go to the range I mess around at to see if my 290carry is true or not.

Pretty typical response when someone is asked to "put up or shut up". Seems like a guy who claims to have "Shot 69-70 in PGA playing ability" (and it's verifyable!) would jump at the chance to make some easy money.

Or you two could shelve the childish posturing and stick to the topic at hand.

Tell us more about the 290 carry. And provide a better quality video that someone with some actual computer skills (i.e. not me) can break down into positions. If you've got "the secret" for long driving, share it in a format we can learn from. We're a visual bunch here - lines and angles added to a screen capture - stuff like that.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Note: This thread is 4824 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!