IGNORED

Favorite Beers?

Arsenal8807
Note: This thread is 4942 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Summer time: Bud Light Lime or Corona Light
Any Time: Bud Light
Sometimes: Fat Tire, Blue Moon, Shock Top, Hefe's, Red Oak (local to NC, I think)

Have a good weekend, beer bash is starting here at work....

What's in my bag?
Bigger Sticks....: Driver: ping.gif G15 9* Fairwayping.gif 4-wood  Hybrids: 4,5  taylormade.gif Rescue Dual
Smaller Sticks...: Irons:  ping.gif G15 5-PW Wedges: titleist.gif Vokey Wedges 48, 52, 56 degree
Flatter Stick......:  odyssey.gif 2-ball putter
Not a Stick.........: Ball:  titleist.gif Dt So/Lo or NXT Tour  Bag:  taylormade.gif Catalina clicgear.gif

whats up with all these people saying "sam adams" etc american micro brews. The best micro brews are definitly not american ones

I beg to differ. And "what's up" with that, at least in my case, is that I lived in Europe for 3 years and tried a good many beers from all over the continent, as well as several American microbrews. so I'm pretty sure I know a thing or two about the subject. There are many American microbrews that are as good, and in some cases better, than their European counterparts. Shiner Bock, for example, is considered by many experts to be one of the best beers in the world. And although I don't think of them as microbrews, many of the Sam Adams beers fall into that category as well. Their Light Boston Lager, for example, won a worldwide competition for best light beer a few years back. Their Oktoberfest Beer as well as their Scottish Ale are among the world's most renowned beers and frequently end up on several experts' top ten lilsts.

My Implements of Destruction (carried in a Hoofer Lite bag):

DRIVER: Big Bertha Diablo 10 degree draw, Aldila regular flex
FAIRWAY WOODS: G2 14 degree 3 wood & 17 degree 5 wood
IRONS: S59 3-PWWEDGES: M/B 54, 58, & 60 degree PUTTER: I Series Anser 4 (or G5i Anser, Anser 2F, or original...

whats up with all these people saying "sam adams" etc american micro brews. The best micro brews are definitly not american ones

Yeah-25 years ago. There are an incredible number of outstanding microbreweries in America. Probably more than in Europe, just based on the sheer size of the country. In most states (and in some cases cities, i.e. San Diego) alone there are a tremendous selection of top-tier microbreweries. And I don't really like Sam Adams (probably due to the Euro hops-I prefer the local hops).

Now, now, there's definitely no such thing as the "best micro brews" in any absolute sense. There *is* (imo) such thing as bad beer, but once you reach a certain level of quality, it comes down to taste. Heck, I couldn't even name a favorite beer because it depends so much on circumstances that the best one day might not be the best another...

Also, consider that most microbrews are not widely available far from their origin, so if you're on a chiefly American website, it's hardly surprising that the names you see will be chiefly American. I'd say that "no-name" microbrews I've had at local brew pubs in many cities in the US are better than some (if not all) of the foreign stuff that's available here.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Three Floyds Brewery in Munster, IN is my current favorite I guess, followed closely by Bells Brewey in Kalamazoo, MI.

Three Floyds Gumballhead is an American style wheat and my personal fav.
Three Floyds Pale Ale and Three Floyds Mild Ale are also quality. Only their Robert the Bruce Scottish Ale did not appeal to me (too sweet)

Bells Oberon is a Summer seasonal that is out of this world. Bells also make a Pale Ale and several other fine offerings. I like everything they do except the Kalamazoo Stout (licorice!).

Brugge Brasserie here in Indianapolis makes a Belgian Style White (they call it - White) that is awesome as well as Pooka, a wonderful SOUR beer.

Dogfish Head make an Apricot Ale that is fantasic, as well as several Pal
ales that are outstanding.

Carling Coffing Black Label is good, best while hot, which is all the time. Rolling Rock was my cheap college beer.

The obligatory English/Irish Ales - Harp, etc are always welcome. murphy's Irish Stout is much more drinkable than Guinness should you want to try a milder Stout. Youngs Double Chocolate Stout is good as well.

I sincerely miss TETLEY'S, an ale from Leeds, England that I cannot find at the moment. I worked for Michelob beer doing promotional work on the PGA
Tour going from stop to stop, so there will always be a soft spot for Mich in my heart. While at the Indy 500, Bickyard 400, Busch Stadium, Wrigley, Lucas Oil Stadium or other sporting event, I go with the King of Beers when my choices require a more mainstream brew. Leinenkugels Summer Shandy is anguilty pleasure.

I'm good friends with a few of the fine folks at http://www.hoosierbeergeek.blogspot.com

They know their stuff!

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

Mac & Jack
Modelo Negro
Dos Equis
Red Hook ESB
Hefeweizen
my buddies stout home brew
A&W; root beer floats

in my bag
cheap 9.5 driver
hybrid
Altron irons
wedgescheap putter balls

Bells Oberon is a Summer seasonal that is out of this world. Bells also make a Pale Ale and several other fine offerings. I like everything they do except the Kalamazoo Stout (licorice!).

My son is currently schooling in Kalamazoo so I get quite a few oppurtunities to enjoy Bell's - Good Stuff!

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

See avatar

Addtional flavors in no order

Guinness
Hoegaarden
Leffe
Yuengling
Franziskaner
Erdinger
König Ludwig Hefeweizen
Rolling Rock [ Before Budweiser ruined it]

Point or Bloomers -Root Beer

Driver: X460 tour- 9.5*
3-wood: 3+ - 13*
Hybrid: BB HW 20*
Hybrid: 24*
Irons: X-20 Uniflex SteelWedges: Colonial 56* & 60*Putter: XG SabertoothBall: GPS-8âIf you are caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God...

Summer time: Bud Light Lime or Corona Light

Thats what I'm talking about, nice list for the simple beer drinker. I have never had Red Oak before though but around this time I love me some Becks October Fest! Anyone that hasnt tried it should give it a shot.

Bag:sunmountain.gif MPB
Driver: cleveland.gif XLS 10.5 *
Fairway wood:nike.gif SQ DYMO2 3 wood
Irons: ping.gif G10's 4-pw
Wedge: vokey.gif Spin milled 54* and 60*Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot XG

In no particular order. Amstel light,Guiness,Blue Moon (a few different ones),Sam Adams(3 or 4 kinds) and Labatt Blue.

In my cart bag, Driver 909D Comp,Fairway Diablo Edge 3W, Hybrid TWS 18 &23, Irons Diablo Edge 5-Pw, Wedges X Tour vintage 50 X Forged chrome 56 and 64,Putter Rossa Daytona 1, Ball Z Star yellow or a Tri Speed

• 2 weeks later...
I prefer microbrews - so SweetWater and Thomas Creek are my favorites at the moment.

What's in my standbag:

Driver: Burner Superfast 9.5

Hybrids: Raylor

Irons:: JPX 800 4-GW

Wedges: SV Wedges 56/58/60

Putter: Monza Spyder

belhaven st. andrews(scotland), real nut brown ale(texas), sam adams boston ale(mass), shiner no. 97(texas), budweiser czecvar(Cz rep.), edelweiss(germany), pelforth(france), bohemia(mexico), l'alsacienne 'sans culottes(without panties)'(alsace,fr)

Samual Adams nowdays.

It's Octoberfest season in the Sam Adams lineup. Hurray!

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Yuengling Traditional Lager
Yuengling Premium Pilsner
Sam Adams Boston Lager

"Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."- John Wayne

Note: This thread is 4942 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!