IGNORED

Tiger and Elin divorce

Tiger Spuds
Note: This thread is 4982 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If he grossed 1$ billion it would have to be reduced by a significant amount of business & professional expenses and of course taxes.

If his divorce was in PA, Elin would be entitled to a property settlement, child support and possibly alimony. Don't know of all of these items were covered in a prenup.

Tiger Woods is both a business and a celebrity so the property settlement could include his trademarked name and his celebrity value. The prenup probably covers these things.

I hope 2011 turns out to be a record breaking year for him. I enjoy watching him play golf.
Cart Bag: AMP Xtreme
Driver: 460
3 Wood | 5 Wood: Diablo
Irons: (3-8) X18 | X Forged 9 & P
Wedges: X Forged 52 (12) | 58 (10) C-Grind Putter: Anser 4 i SeriesBall: Burner1978 - 93 - All Time Best - 84 or12 over in 1991.1994 - 2008 - Inactive2008 - Present - All Time Best 96 or 24...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
If his divorce was in PA, Elin would be entitled to a property settlement, child support and possibly alimony. Don't know of all of these items were covered in a prenup.

Child support isn't part of divorce. It's often related, but it's not part of divorce. Additionally, I believe that if the mother and father both have enough money to reasonably care for the children, child support isn't even awarded.

Elin won't get alimony because Tiger's choosing the "lump sum" payment (and she's agreed to it), likely in exchange for her silence. Tiger probably COULD have enforced the pre-nup BUT it perhaps might not have included a gag order to prevent Elin from talking. Mostly speculation, except the part about child care not being part of a divorce. I'm pretty sure that's correct - it's still handled by family law courts and judges, but it's a "custody/support" issue, not a "divorce" issue.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I hope tiger raises a little tiger or tigress, and they go on tour. But to do that, he will have to sacrifice his game. I think he will.

I think that'd be great too. But he wouldn't have to sacrafice his game completely. He could have a kid when he turns 40 or sooner if he just wants Jack's record.

No, they said he'd MADE $1B. Income. If you have all of the money you've ever made, raise your hand...

Marked to market investments a big part. Bad development deals......you name it. Overhead. All of the above.

We just went through a big arse purge of the financial world. If you had money and were investing in some fashion you probably have less today. That includes most the big boys. Pretty much worse off if you had your hand in development. Heck a prominent partner of his almost went under the United Arab Emirates.

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

Anyone see the Elin Woods article in People? I guess there wasn't a gag order...

Personally I commend her for her handling of the situation. I don't understand how Tiger could demonstrate such little care for his wife and kids for such an extended period of time. He clearly isn't capable of caring about anyone but himself. I know that a lot of people want to see him return to form. Personally I want to see him never win again and fade into obscurity. I just cannot root for someone with morals that different from my own.

Ive sorta been where tiger is. Ive cheated on a longtime girlfriend myself. Its not so much lack of care or respect for the other woman, its just an impulse that can be difficult to resist. And im just a normal dude and not a mega star that has woman throwing themselves at me daily. Im not defending the action, because it is embarrassing and degrading to the woman, but often we don't think about these things when the booty is involved.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Ive sorta been where tiger is. Ive cheated on a longtime girlfriend myself. Its not so much lack of care or respect for the other woman, its just an impulse that can be difficult to resist. And im just a normal dude and not a mega star that has woman throwing themselves at me daily. Im not defending the action, because it is embarrassing and degrading to the woman, but often we don't think about these things when the booty is involved.

this is probably the most honest quote i have seen on these forums with regards to the tiger situation.

Colin P.

Anyone see the Elin Woods article in People? I guess there wasn't a gag order...

Pretty classy lady. She is giving Tiger alot more credit than the scumbag deserves.

I commend the honesty, man. Your situation is different in that you weren't married and didn't have kids (at least not that you mentioned).

I'm going to tread lightly here because I don't want to seem like I am attacking you as a person, but Tiger was cheating on his wife for years with a variety of different skanks. It's not like there was one other woman that he fell in love with or something. It's also not like it was a one time thing. Either of those scenarios would be far more forgivable in my mind than being a serial skankmaster behind your wife and kids' backs. Apparently this impulse was pretty strong for Tiger because it went on for years and only stopped when he got caught. He had plenty of time to think about what he was doing.

The media isn't going to let him focus on golf, all they want to know is if he's still in love with Elin?? who cares, if they reconcile, so be it.

Not a day went by that I didn't think about my kids after I got divorced. I messed up, got caught, and paid the price. I don't condone Tiger's actions, but infidelity happens all the time, and not only guys cheat... women do it tooooo!!!

Just in case the haters want to keep flaming Tiger, I remember when NASCAR's Jeff Gordon was blamed for infidelity by his wife and later divorced. Racing's golden boy could do no wrong...

in my bag
cheap 9.5 driver
hybrid
Altron irons
wedgescheap putter balls

Back to his old self in the matches? Let me see...what are his stats again?

holy crap, did you see that list of attorneys at the end, there's like 20 of them. and you can be sure each one of them is stepping out with a buttload of paper as well.

as for elin though, anybody got her number?

This was almost certainly agreed within the terms of the agreed gag order. There was a mounting media pressure for some public comment from Elin and within that she had to express disappointment and some anger, so the lawyers probably agreed a limited form of words to release that pressure, but a firm lid on the matter thereafter.

----------------------------------
909D3 10.5 Matrix Code 6
909F2 15.5 and 18.5 Whiteboard
585H Ozik Altus
MP68 4-P, KBS ZTP 52. 56, 60 KBS DASS Luke DonaldHome club: http://www.bearwoodlakes.co.uk/hm/hm.aspx

Yup, the big head makes the money and the little head spends it.

Call me crazy, but he will be hot again sometimes soon. Now he can get back to his routine, which is practice, plays in certain tournaments, and of course, get laid wherever he goes. In that order, he will win tournaments like he did back in the days.

LOL, you are crazy---do you feel better now?

It must be a lot easier to swing on plane when you're 300 million (or whatever) lighter. Really motivates me to lose that 20 pounds I've been lugging around. And you see today- Tiger went low (and who knows how low, after his round - he's a single man again!).

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

Tiger had his world crumbled and it's hard to come back from that. The worst thing was he was deceiving people not just his wife about being a family guy but at the end of the day, it's not a crime to cheat and we watch him as fans because he's a virtuoso at what he does.
It's easy to be critical of someone but we're not in their shoes and don't have to face the endless temptations that celebrity brings.

It has to be said - Tiger's second 27 holes in the Barclays were rubbish, after a pretty strong first 27.

Is it because of the divorce? Obviously, it will have some kind of bearing but, personally, I think it's more to do with the massive vertical movement of his head and shoulders during his swing. When he cuts that out - or even reduces it - his scores improve, as we saw on day one and the first half of day two. When it reappears, it's shocking. A divot off the tee with a three wood (1st hole, Round 3)? There is no way anyone can tell me that's good, normal, to be expected, a symptom of swing adjustment or because of his divorce. It is, quite simply, an absolutely crap golf swing.

imho, natch!

But if in doubt, compare it with the swing of the guy currently 9 shots ahead of him...

• Administrator
It has to be said - Tiger's second 27 holes in the Barclays were rubbish, after a pretty strong first 27.

Just the 18 in the middle there, actually. He was -3 on the back nine yesterday.

By nines, he was: -4 -2 -2 +4 +4 -3. Just that 18-hole stretch is bad. He plays those even par instead of +8 and he's one back at -11. That's not to justify anything. He knows as do I that it's 72 holes and they all count. But it's odd that he's had such a bad 18-hole stretch but has otherwise been okay. It's odd too that one half came at the end of the round and the other half at the start of the round (75% at the first hole).
Is it because of the divorce? Obviously, it will have some kind of bearing but, personally, I think it's more to do with the massive vertical movement of his head and shoulders during his swing. When he cuts that out - or even reduces it - his scores improve, as we saw on day one and the first half of day two.

I don't know how to say this otherwise, but you're wrong. Not an opinion, a fact. The vertical movement of his head is

not a swing fault .
When it reappears, it's shocking. A divot off the tee with a three wood (1st hole, Round 3)? There is no way anyone can tell me that's good, normal, to be expected, a symptom of swing adjustment or because of his divorce. It is, quite simply, an absolutely crap golf swing.

Hey, if you don't take the occasional divot with your 3W, you're not swinging it properly.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 4982 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!