IGNORED

What putter are you using?

Note: This thread is 4987 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What putter are you using?

• Yes!
    • Mizuno
    • Nike
    • Odyssey
    • PING
    • Guerin Rife
    • Scotty Cameron
    • TaylorMade
    • Other

I use the Cleveland Classic 4...I switched to that from a mallet putter. It has buttery plump feel, if that makes sense.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moved to a Odyssey White Hot Number 9, from having used several Scotty's. Putts per round have fallen by 2-3 since. Made the move as I decided I wanted to play like Phil Mickleson.

Odyssey White Hot Tour (Blade) for me :)

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

I love my Scottys. My latest pick up was a steal for a 1st/500.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

Scotty Red X-2. Been using for a little over two years. Love the feel, and the fact that it's center shafted. It just sets up better for me.
sunmountain.gif C-130 Cart Bag: titleist.gif 910D2 10.5Deg   taylormade.gif R9 15Deg, Burner Superfast 5W/7W   mizuno.gif MP-57 5-PW
scratch.gif 54*ds, 58*ds    cameron.gif Red X2    callaway.gifTour iZ

I play a Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 33". I switched in March from my Odyssey because I was looking for a firmer face putter....and I got a $300 gift card, so really it only cost me about $25 :):)

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Laguna Two. I bought it used and beat up last year on eBay and sent it in to the custom shop. Came back to me looking brand new with custom paint and my initials on the toe. I absolutely love the look and feel of this putter! Before that I used a Odyssey White Hot XG 2 Ball for about 2 years. Before that, I did a short stint with a Scotty Cameron Bullseye that was given to me, which had replaced an Odyssey Dual Force 330 Mallet putter that I had used for years (it was my first putter).

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

What putter are you using now? Why? How long have you been using it? Etc.

Ping Karsten series, Anser model.

Why? I was previously using an Odyssey Crimson 660. Never a huge fan of the insert, especially when using soft balls on slow greens. Plus, my putting style resulted in a standard lie / 34" model being too long and way too flat. Fortunately, the Karsten series can be adjusted for lie angle 4* in either direction. And it has to be said that £69.99 is pretty good value compared to some of the competition!

Ping Anser 4.
Probably had it about ten years or so.
Prior to that, I had a heel shafted Titleist/Acushnet Bulls-Eye that I'd used for about the same amount of time.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

I started about 35 years ago with a Tommy Armour T-Line, switched to a Wilson TPA after a few years, the next 20 orso years I putted great with a Ram Zebra (still have it .... now about 25 years in service), I tried to putt with the old Wilson TPA (Anser style) after reading Stan Utley, but I think I am more in the Face Balanced team.

About 6 months ago I bought the Rife Two2Bar Mallet (hybrid...???) and I am very pleased with the feel and the slightly higher clubface compared to the Ram Zebra.

Today I also tried the Rife Abaco and putted very well with ..... so maybe.....

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

I bought the Cameron in 2001 and have not found a need to switch yet. Some days it works better than others, but that might not be the putter's fault? It was not working well yesterday and it was a long day.....

Always Happy, Never Satisfied

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 mid-slant here, got it earlier this year and absolutely love everything about it. But its off-the-shelf so nothing special, so maybe after next season I will send it into the custom shop to make it truely mine :) but being in the UK not a particularly cheap proposition so will more likely be a couple more seasons on top of that to justify the time and cost :(

Originally I had planned on getting an Odessey but didn't really feel it with any of their range. Before that the last putter I had was an old no brand brass bullseye type putter.
Whats in my Twister V bag?
MP-630 fast-track 9.5 w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki S
909F3 15* w/ Titleist Aldila Voodoo FWS
909F3 18* w/ Titleist Aldila Voodoo FWS
MP-58 3-PW w/ Project X 6.0 MP T-10 Black Satin 52/07, 56/12 & 60/08 Newport 2.5 MS 34" B330-S balls

I'm now gaming a Nike United Techno putter and I love it. I work at a golf course and picked it out of the used rack for 20$! I collect camerons, have a Napa, Circa 62 #2, Kombi, Del Mar 3, California Del Mar. I also have a Corza Ghost and other random Ping putters, but this thing can't be replaced. The market for left-handed putters is small. Even smaller for left-handed center-shafted mallets (which is what mine is).

I had a Scotty pro-platinum Laguna that I used for around 3 years.

Last week I switched to a Slighter Golf Portland. The Slighter has a deeper milled face that feels MUCH softer than my Scotty's. Haven't decided whether I liked it better or not, but the soft feel is definitely different.

WITB:

Fast 10 10.5* Driver  |  adams.gif Fast 10 15* 3 Wood  |  adams.gif Idea V3 19* Hybrid  |  titleist.gif 710 AP1 4-GW  |    55* and 60* Wedges  |  Lajosi KLP7J Putter

i just switched to a PING Redwood anser (amazing putter !!!)
before that, a PING Karsten Anser 2 (excellent, redwood is the only one better)
before that, odyssey white hot 2-ball
before that, nike something (cant remember the name)

the Redwood is BY FAR the best putter ive ever used.
PING  G-15 (10.5*) Miyazaki C. Kua 39   ------   PING  G-15 (18.5*) Oban Revenge 6
PING  I -15 (20*) UST Attas Hybrid 285 -----
PING  I -15 (4-PW) AeroTech SteelFiber i80
PING  Tour -S (54*,60*)  TT DG Spinner ----- PING  Scottsdale Pickemup (33")

Mizuno Bettinardi black carbon putter. I love it. Loved them ever since they came out but was not going to pay $100+ for a putter. Recently they went on sale for $99 (ok it came out to $100 and some change but it beats the $200+ original MSRP). Having no insert is fantastic and the overall feel of the putter is great.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Rife Barbados center shaft- 1 round

I have a Cameron Futura Phantom Mallet 2 that's been with me a couple 3 years now tho'.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Note: This thread is 4987 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!