IGNORED

The Duetsche Bank Championship

kpaulhus
Note: This thread is 5003 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think it puts into perspective what Tiger (and Phil, to a lesser but still incredible degree) have been able to accomplish in golf over the last 15-20 years. It's hard, really, really, incredibly hard to win a golf tournament. For even incredibly talented and driven golfers the task of beating out the large, immensely skilled field of golfers over 72 holes is a tremendous accomplishment. Phil and Tiger are still the "best" golfers out there on any given day, but only by an incredibly slim margin-and every single part of their game has to be on to win.

Phil has all the shots....... But I would like to know what goes through his head some times. I thinks he's mentally given away 10 wins out there.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Final round today was very entertaining. It's always interesting to see how these guys handle the pressure. You'd never know by Hoffmans reactions (until the last hole) he was playing for the victory. Day, on the other hand was clearly impacted by the pressure at the end. Hoffman is not your typical looking golfer, but I really enjoyed watching him today.

He was cool under pressure, love one of his comments as well...

"I actually didn't know how many birdies I had. The ball just kept going in the hole, it was a really fun day" Charley Hoffman.

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

I think it puts into perspective what Tiger (and Phil, to a lesser but still incredible degree) have been able to accomplish in golf over the last 15-20 years. It's hard, really, really, incredibly hard to win a golf tournament.

Not disputing what you said, but wondering if the competition level has increased as well from 10 years ago. Tiger changed the way people viewed golfers with his conditioning regimen, as well as his intensity for the game. The generation of golfers he had influence over are just hitting the tour so wondering how much of a factor that is as well.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not disputing what you said, but wondering if the competition level has increased as well from 10 years ago. Tiger changed the way people viewed golfers with his conditioning regimen, as well as his intensity for the game. The generation of golfers he had influence over are just hitting the tour so wondering how much of a factor that is as well.

That's a good point. Even without the scandal/divorce, you've got Tiger hitting his mid 30's combined with kids who were inspired by Tiger hitting the tour. Should make it even harder for Tiger to maintain his pace of winning from the last decade. Of course, he doesn't have to keep up that pace to achieve his goals. 5 more majors and 12 more tournament victories puts him at the top of both lists-both still very possible for him at age 34.

I would say there is no doubt the level has raised the 10-30 years. Anyone being as dominating as Tiger anywhere in the future will have to play some really good golf.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah Tiger could have a good week and still have someone throw a -22 at him. We can expect that to be more common.

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

Note: This thread is 5003 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!