IGNORED

Smaller Head Driver

Note: This thread is 4949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

lol, Im swinging it the same as all my other clubs. I actually have to try to swing it differently than my other clubs or it will hook, thats why Ive just been the 3 wood alot more.

You're right. New equipment is the answer to everything in golf...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

motteler, really no offence...this is something i;'d say to just about any mid to high handicapper.

your swing just isn't good or consistent enough for your equipment to effect it. if you're hooking your driver, then its your swing...not the driver.

I recently changed drivers because I swing at roughly 115-120 mph so even 1 degree of the clubface being closed causes some ugly results. so i opted for something with 2 degree open face, with smaller face because i can control my shots a lot better with a smaller club head, something i rarely do, but if needed i have confidence doing.

we've all seen your swing! you're fulling yourself if you truly think your equipment is whats causing the hooking.

you're hitting draws on everything but your driver because a swing error on your driver will look MUCH more exagerated than with any other club.

for months, we've seen you start new threads and buying one equipment piece after another, jst to replace it again and again. Trading in great cavity backs for blades cuz you think they hit better...trading in a great putter for something just more expensive because you think they putt more consistently...
You're making the biggest mistakes all amateurs make...dumping money into the game, looking for that holy grail equipment that'll magically make you better.
its not going to happen. repeat after me... indian...arrow...indian...arrow.....

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

lol, Im swinging it the same as all my other clubs. I actually have to try to swing it differently than my other clubs or it will hook, thats why Ive just been the 3 wood alot more.

I don't believe you. I bet side by side video comparison would show you somehow that it may feel you'er swinging the same but you must be doing something different.

"My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my golf clubs for what I told her I paid for them."
What's in my SQ Tour Carry bag?:
Driver: R7 Quad 9.5*
3, 5 Wood: G5 clones
Irons: : AP1 (4-PW) Wedges: 52*, 56*, 62* Spin Milled Putter: White Hot 2 Ball BladeBalls: Shoes: My...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

understandable, you guys have good points. All Im wanting to do is demo one for a few rounds to see if it helps at all. Il talk to my instructor about it as well.

Im not saying Im going to buy it or anything but I think the Taylormade R9 looks pretty cool. Its only 420cc and its adjustable, can make the face open if you want and you can adjust the loft. So if I wanted to use a 10.5 degree loft for awhile I could and still switch back.

btw golfro, why do you have that avatar for your screen name? I didnt want to say if before because I didnt want to sound like Im judging gay people but the guy in your avatar is homosexual now and is a big face in the gay community

so why do you think I am hitting everything in my bag with a nice little draw and then my driver is just straight hooking into the trees every other shot?

I bet you are swinging your driver too hard. You probably think you are swinging them all the same, but once the big dog is in the hand it wants to eat. I struggle with this all the time. I just can't slow it down. Put a 3 wood in my hand off the tee and I don't try to kill it. It is a mental block most have with the driver.

understandable, you guys have good points. All Im wanting to do is demo one for a few rounds to see if it helps at all. Il talk to my instructor about it as well.

because he's Barney Stinson and he's awesome.

He is also hilarious in How I Met Your Mother

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

Hey guys, whats some of your favorites of drivers with heads smaller than 460cc, like 380cc etc?

here is the question.....

pretty rare that they make driver heads as small as 380cc...

and here is a very good answer

why are you all bashing him because of his swing??? dude wants a new driver and asked some suggestions on what drivers have smaller heads...not a lesson on why he's hooking the ball sorry to the OP for the bash fest..... jeese people
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

we're just giving a fellow club-ho a hard time. :)

honestly, as much as I give motteler a hard time, I'm the same way. I like all gadgets and things and I'm changing out clubs mroe than I should.
whether true or not, it just seems like he's making the very common mistake of changing out clubs in hopes of something that'll make him a better golfer but as the saying goes, indian, not arrow.

but really, I personally favor smaller head drivers so if someone wants a smaller head driver, i'm all for it.

Go retro. My current driver is very long, and probably consistent - who knows - it's so loud that I almost black out every time I hit it.

If you can find a vintage 9.5 degree Callaway Hawkeye with tour shaft grab it. It looks, feels, and sounds good. The only reason I don't bag it every time out is probably a self-esteem issue. I spent a lot of money on the G10. I feel like a bad person leaving it in the garage and those extra 10 yards off the tee are hard to give up.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

we're just giving a fellow club-ho a hard time. :)

i hear ya

im the worst as well (go to the BST now!! haha) PS - Barney is the man
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

btw golfro, why do you have that avatar for your screen name? I didnt want to say if before because I didnt want to sound like Im judging gay people but the guy in your avatar is homosexual now and is a big face in the gay community

Why would you possibly care? You don't want to sound like you're judging-but you have to question somebody about their avatar because Neil Patrick Harris is gay?

Why would you possibly care?

Dude's got a closeup 3/4 profile shot of a dimpled ball for his avatar and he judges?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

nothing is more beautiful than that golf ball pic. Im just giving him a hard time because every chance he gets he tells me my swing sucks

He didn't say it sucks, he said you;re swinging wrong....like 99% of amateurs.

And he is right. You're swinging the club wrong. Get used to this happening......alot....it's the beauty of golf.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Note: This thread is 4949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!