IGNORED

Official Big Break Dominican Republic thread

The Recreational Golfer
Note: This thread is 2796 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I we all need to take into account that this is TV and the producers can edit the show and make people come across how they see fit. I am not saying that they are portraying anyone differently. I think I remember reading something from Derek Gillespie saying that Brian was really funny on the show and they made him seem like a head case. Apparently they edited some of the things to seem like stupid S%*T that he said, when in reality he was being sarcastic or trying to be funny. Who really knows how much of this is actually true.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

Probably some truth to that.... The edit is important indeed. See Coffing, Carling or Guliani. But, you have to admit, Brian's "nobody can hit this shot better than me," "Dominate on Three! ONE, TWO..... ooops" and "missing the green is like missing my mouth with my fork" when his teammate was talking strategy - WHERE on the green is preferred was not an editing situation.

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

guys really came back. Most of the losses they had in the past are made up for since all 6 of the matches they played tonight were worth a strike. They put 4 strikes on girls today and the girls put 2 strikes on them.

Oddly the golf channel wasn't lying for once about the guys fighting back...although they did make it sound like Andrew had lost.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Andrew was SO clutch today. 2 great shots on the green and 2 huge putts. I absolutely LOVED LOVED LOVED seeing Elena benched. I can see her becoming the female version of Brian on their team with the ego problem. Figures she comes off the bench talking crap already right after she lost. Did anyone else just know Brenda was gonna miss that putt? I did. She is easily the worst player on their team and knew she would blow up and cry when she lost. What did she expect? She hasn't done squat on the show.

If I was the guys the next time they have a chance to choose their partner for the bench challenge I would let Football take on either Sarah or Lori. Worst case, Football loses and gets a strike. Best case he benches arguably one of their top 2 players for good.

taylormade.gifR11S 9* Driver Aldila RIP Phenom 60 R Flex

taylormade.gifRBZ 3W 15* Matrix Ozik XCon-5 R Flex
taylormade.gif'11 Rescue Hybrids 3 (18*), 4 (21*) Aldila RIP 65 HB R Flex
taylormade.gifR11 5-PW KBS Steel R Flex | taylormade.gifTP XFT 52* 56* 60* KBS Steel

cameron.gif California Coronado 35" | ogio.gif Grom Black Plaid Bag |  Penta TP

Side note, i LOVED the slow motion view of Sarah that started at her shoes and ended at her waist when she was walking to the tee.

taylormade.gifR11S 9* Driver Aldila RIP Phenom 60 R Flex

taylormade.gifRBZ 3W 15* Matrix Ozik XCon-5 R Flex
taylormade.gif'11 Rescue Hybrids 3 (18*), 4 (21*) Aldila RIP 65 HB R Flex
taylormade.gifR11 5-PW KBS Steel R Flex | taylormade.gifTP XFT 52* 56* 60* KBS Steel

cameron.gif California Coronado 35" | ogio.gif Grom Black Plaid Bag |  Penta TP

6 strikes in one show? The format this season does not lend itself to direct comparisons with other BB's but, wow, all time classic episode.

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

How about that throw by Brenda? lol Please don't teach your kids to throw like that or they will be calling them a sissy.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

How about that throw by Brenda? lol Please don't teach your kids to throw like that or they will be calling them a sissy.

They do not throw things in Ireland

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Straight hair Sara anyone??? Wanna brush it and console her for the newly a acquired strike? Be sure to brush it in slow motion at times.

I personally thought last nights show was one of the better ones of the season. I wish they would play more heads up golf. Guils was absolutely clutch...that guy is the king of BB.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

Some are pretty nice, clearly professionally done.... some are quite cheezy....

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/big-br...lic/downloads/

The most important part of the golf swing is the smile after the follow through. Make me your desktop wallpaper! - AG

SIT - SIT - SIT - SIT - SIT - SIT - SIT - SIT - SIT - SIT ------ I AM!!!!!!!!

I've got 145 to the pin, no 445 to the pin...... gimme the three wood.

Lean back a little Sara... Head tilt a little Sara. PERFECT!!! (Sara's thinking - isn't this a GOLF SHOW?"

You ever miss the fork with your wedge while looking at the green? - Crazy Brian

I'll give her a pass on the unfortunate throw after she nearly broke her own ankle/foot by crushing it with the heel of her putter after the miss. Off by a 1/2 inch on that one and she's still not walking at all..... maybe by Thanksgiving. See if I can get this right..... ZERO Strikes Christina Football Blair One Strike Sara Lori Anthony Andrew Blake Brian Elena Awaiting the "Strike Eraser" (which I don't believe any of them can pull off under the pressure, none of us prob could either) Brenda Captain Bench In my mind, here is the show in a nutshell after 6/7 shows, whatever it is. If the men lose either Andrew or Anthony, they are in BIG trouble. Same for the ladies losing Sara or Lori. The team that loses one of these players first WILL LOSE the show, unless they can cause the other team to lose one of these "big four" players almost immediately (max two shows). At that point, whichever team loses the second of their "big two" FIRST will lose the show. Anyone wanna make a wager? Sleeve of crappy Slazengers sitting in my kids closet perhaps?

Bryan, those are some of the funniest captions ever read on TST!! hahahahah!
i love that pic of Brian .... so "Blue Steel" ! hahahahahahah!!!! he's such an arrogant midget, its not even funny!! hahahha!

man oh man...Sara Brown........and Elena.....daaaaammmmmmmnnnnn B!!!!!!
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Note: This thread is 2796 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!