IGNORED

The Official 2010-11 NHL Hockey Talk Thread!

BostonSully
Note: This thread is 4710 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You know - I have respect for the Flyers but that's about where it ends. Whatever happened last year was last year - once Krecji went down they didn't have enough Off Depth to win. The fact that you laugh at the Bruins isn't really all that funny - I didn't see a cup in Philly, did I? Rask blew up, Krecji went down on a bs hit, and the Flyers were able to control play - it happens.

I'll be going to the game next Thurs - opening night against the Caps.

PS - although I can totally reason why they blew it last year, it took me many beers and lots of love from the girlfriend.

You know - I have respect for the Flyers but that's about where it ends. Whatever happened last year was last year - once Krecji went down they didn't have enough Off Depth to win. The fact that you laugh at the Bruins isn't really all that funny - I didn't see a cup in Philly, did I? Rask blew up, Krecji went down on a bs hit, and the Flyers were able to control play - it happens.

It was one of the biggest choke jobs in the history of sports, blowing a 3-0 series lead then a 3-0 lead in game 7 does not "happen"

The Flyers went out fighting in overtime game 6 of the stanley cup. Bruins got knocked out in an embarassing fashion and I loved every minute of it. Sorry if I am getting a little carried away, I just hate all NY and Boston teams.

Watching the Bruins slowly disintegrate in last years playoff series vs. the Flyers, and then to start off the year with a 5-2 loss makes me think that Tuuk isn't cut out to handle a full-time goalie job... especially when Timmy Thomas shuts out the same team the next night. I think for now we need a 60-40 split favoring Rask, to get him good ice time but also rest him and let him learn from a guy (Thomas) who dominated in a platoon situation a few years back with Manny Fernandez, I believe both of them that season had GAA's below 2.25 and Save %'s above .920... that's just incredible. And the great play from Andrew Horton in those two games was promising, as well as Seguin scoring his first goal. Overall, the lookout for the B's should be good, and whenever we can get Savard healthy and everyone else in flow with the offense we could be one of the best teams in the league.

In the  Strata Bag:

3 Wood:  XL

Irons: 4-5:  AP1; 6-PW:  XL

Wedges:  Tour Grind, 52°/60°

Putter:  White Hot XG #9

Balls:  Mojo

Watching the Bruins slowly disintegrate in last years playoff series vs. the Flyers, and then to start off the year with a 5-2 loss makes me think that Tuuk isn't cut out to handle a full-time goalie job... especially when Timmy Thomas shuts out the same team the next night. I think for now we need a 60-40 split favoring Rask, to get him good ice time but also rest him and let him learn from a guy (Thomas) who dominated in a platoon situation a few years back with Manny Fernandez, I believe both of them that season had GAA's below 2.25 and Save %'s above .920... that's just incredible. And the great play from Andrew Horton in those two games was promising, as well as Seguin scoring his first goal. Overall, the lookout for the B's should be good, and whenever we can get Savard healthy and everyone else in flow with the offense we could be one of the best teams in the league.

It's still early. Tuuka will be fine as the No. 1 goalie.

It was one of the biggest choke jobs in the history of sports, blowing a 3-0 series lead then a 3-0 lead in game 7 does not "happen"

It was a ginormous choke job. There was absolutely no excuse for losing that series that way. The only way it could have been worse is if the B's had lost to Montreal.

4-1 Bruins.
How about this:
Tim Thomas
Save % >97.5
GAA < 1
Record 4-0-0

Wow welcome back Tank!. Ive never seen ovechkin look as frustrated as he did last night. TBH The Caps are my 2nd favorite team so it was awesome watching the B's shut them down like that. Esp. The shift where Ovechkin was on the ice for all 2minutes of the PP then was stuck out for another 1:30 because of 2 Icings. I didnt think he ever got tired but he was worn down.
 Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

• 2 weeks later...
Is Tim Thomas the best goalie in the world right now? Id say the answer is yes.
 Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

ottawa senators on a big win streak!!

I missed the "knock knock" part of the joke, but I'll bite.

ottawa senators on a big win streak, who?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• 2 weeks later...
How about those BLUE JACKETS.... Unbelievable start to the year and I' smelling a deep playoff run this year (as long as we avoid Detroit, F you wings fans!)

<----- Third jersey is being unveiled today and from the concepts I've seen, the new logo should look like my avatar.

callaway.gif   FT-i driver,  FT 4-wood,  X Utility Prototype 18* hybrid-iron / Big Bertha Diablo 3 & 4  hybrids

Tour Preferred CB 5-PW irons

callaway.gif   X-Forged 52*, X-Forged 56*/58*, X-Forged 64*  wedges  

Daddy Long Legs (38'') putter

:nike:RZN Platinum ball

How about those BLUE JACKETS.... Unbelievable start to the year and I' smelling a deep playoff run this year (as long as we avoid Detroit, F you wings fans!)

Nash is catching fire now too! Even Garon has been doing great.

Flyers are still going strong, can't wait for tonight's game

Nash is the shizz. I think he's a top 5 NHL player when it comes to skill. (i think hes got like 15 points in the last 6 games!?) As for our goalies GARON > MASON all day.

OH btw your welcome Philadelphia , stealing Zherdev from us and NOWWW he starts playing great, bleh.

callaway.gif   FT-i driver,  FT 4-wood,  X Utility Prototype 18* hybrid-iron / Big Bertha Diablo 3 & 4  hybrids

Tour Preferred CB 5-PW irons

callaway.gif   X-Forged 52*, X-Forged 56*/58*, X-Forged 64*  wedges  

Daddy Long Legs (38'') putter

:nike:RZN Platinum ball

Nash is the shizz. I think he's a top 5 NHL player when it comes to skill. (i think hes got like 15 points in the last 6 games!?) As for our goalies GARON > MASON all day.

Zherdev was with the rangers after the blue jackets and sucked....wait a month Zherdev plays good for a couple weeks then takes the rest of the season off.....

OGIO Grom Stand Bag:
Driver - Taylormade R7 Limited 9.5*
3Wood - Cleveland Hibore 15*
Hybrid - Cleveland Hibore 19*
Irons - Taylormade R7s 4-GWWedges - Cleveland CG12s Black pearl 54*/12* & 58*/8*Putter - Rife ArubaBack-ups - Karsten Anser / Odyssey White Ice #9Ball - Taylormade Burner TP & LDP...

Can someone tell me why Cindy Crosby is such a B*tch and gets away with all the cheap shot b*llshit he pulls.....I love how Ovechkin and Stamkos play all out all the time and dont take cheap shots- they both will get in your face if they need too...Cindy cries to the refs after every whistle and doesnt get called on anything he does....I have no respect for him someone is going to run him one of these days and i cant wait for that to happen....I dont want him hurt but he needs to be taught a lesson...

OGIO Grom Stand Bag:
Driver - Taylormade R7 Limited 9.5*
3Wood - Cleveland Hibore 15*
Hybrid - Cleveland Hibore 19*
Irons - Taylormade R7s 4-GWWedges - Cleveland CG12s Black pearl 54*/12* & 58*/8*Putter - Rife ArubaBack-ups - Karsten Anser / Odyssey White Ice #9Ball - Taylormade Burner TP & LDP...

Can someone tell me why Cindy Crosby is such a B*tch and gets away with all the cheap shot b*llshit he pulls.....I love how Ovechkin and Stamkos play all out all the time and dont take cheap shots- they both will get in your face if they need too...Cindy cries to the refs after every whistle and doesnt get called on anything he does....I have no respect for him someone is going to run him one of these days and i cant wait for that to happen....I dont want him hurt but he needs to be taught a lesson...

That call the other night where he slew foots Callahan and then Callahan got called for the interference was one of the worst calls I have ever seen.

In almost every sport stars get the benefit of the doubt more often then not but I feel like its especially bad for Crosby.

Note: This thread is 4710 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!