IGNORED

My Swing (enis750)

enis750
Note: This thread is 4842 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

When is the first lesson?

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

• Administrator
but i assume that my take away is SUPER flat AND inside and a chicken wing right arm???

Right arm is okay. You have to fold it at some point.

Basically, you've rolled your forearms/wrists to get the club back in there and also failed to cock the club up as quickly as you should.
thats what im hoping for

Just carefully consider what he's telling you. I don't know who you're seeing or if he's any good, but I sometimes really wonder about instructors and I'm afraid of the answer I'd give to the question "What percentage of instructors "get it" well enough to really help all kinds of students?"

Based on something I worked on with my short irons and driver this summer, try to keep the clubhead travelling down the target line a bit longer on the way back. It feels awkward at first, but then when you get it BLAM - everything is on plane and you wonder how that happened.

I'm okay with that so long as it's a

feeling only. If the club actually travels in a straight line it's off plane. Same with the hands - they need to start going in immediately. The clubhead just goes too far in and your hands don't go in enough. Here's a quickie video I made for this thread. I made it quickly so I hope it doesn't contain any goofs. (The video has just finished uploading. It'll finish processing eventually.)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 5 weeks later...

hey guys

i have really been working on deleting my hip sway on the backswing
here is a drill i am doing to help w it
dont mind the gear or the fact that i am a sweaty mess....i have brought the swing fan into my daily workout routine

let me know what u like or dont like, compared to the vid on page one
(it will finish downloading one day.....grrrr....)

"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

hey guys

Very interesting. The audio rocks too btw.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Very interesting. The audio rocks too btw.

yeah my litlle girl gets pretty stoked up!! hahhaah!

"go daddy go" !!!! hahahah!

First time visiting this thread, just wondering if your camera angle is lined up straight in the original videos. Your feet seem very closed according to the camera angle and where the ball starts out. Do you still have that short of a backswing? I'm around a 100 mph with driver and 86-88 mph with the 6 iron and I am quite jealous of your 8 iron distance!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, sweet swing.

« Keith »

First time visiting this thread, just wondering if your camera angle is lined up straight in the original videos. Your feet seem very closed according to the camera angle and where the ball starts out. Do you still have that short of a backswing? I'm around a 100 mph with driver and 86-88 mph with the 6 iron and I am quite jealous of your 8 iron distance!

original vids are brutal, i know....but its all i had to work with

don't think they are that closed tho....i do play a baby draw most times (when things are on anyways!! hahaha!) i am working on adding a bit of length to the backswing, but most of the year was that short u can still generate power without a huge backswing never really thought of myself as a long hitter......

Driver I think is right along with your swing speed but definitely your 8 iron I think is long at 165'ish. I was comparing where your ball starts and where your feet are aligned that's why I mentioned the closed feet but what do I know.

« Keith »

Driver I think is right along with your swing speed but definitely your 8 iron I think is long at 165'ish. I was comparing where your ball starts and where your feet are aligned that's why I mentioned the closed feet but what do I know.

i 100% for sure can hit my 8i 165, no problem

9i is 150 PW is 135 56 is 115 60 is 85 really have no reason to lie or anything to prove here but anyways...this thread isnt about how far i can hit my clubs

i 100% for sure can hit my 8i 165, no problem

haha wasn't calling you out on your 8 iron distance just saying im jealous that you can get that kind of distance with that short of a swing.

« Keith »

hey guys

Not sure if you're intending to do this, but it looks like in an effort to reduce your sway away from the ball, you've really moved laterally toward the target early and off of your right foot (almost like a reverse weight shift).

Is this something you're trying to work on?

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

I'd like to see the right hip work more back and up rather than so around. To me, there is too much space between you and the chair. From dtl I am guessing your hip turn is too level because your hips are spinning. To have the pivot stay more centered, allow the hips to turn on their natural slant. Here is a good idea of how the right hip works, up and back

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Not sure if you're intending to do this, but it looks like in an effort to reduce your sway away from the ball, you've really moved laterally toward the target early and off of your right foot (almost like a reverse weight shift).

PM'd you

I'd like to see the right hip work more back and up rather than so around. To me, there is too much space between you and the chair. From dtl I am guessing your hip turn is too level because your hips are spinning. To have the pivot stay more centered, allow the hips to turn on their natural slant. Here is a good idea of how the right hip works, up and back

too much space from the top of the backswing coming down?

Hard to say - the video cuts off too soon (just as the really good player is about to hit). Just kidding (sort of - in the attached video, he pushes the ball 30 yards right of the pin).

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Too much space at the end of the back swing. Check these guys out, see how there right hip is more up and behind them?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

As another real short backswing-er, I like your form.

As far as hips go, specifically the right hip in the backswing, these two Clem Shaw videos have helped me get things a little straighter in my head. There are certainly parts to pick on -- he says a few things that are visibly different from what he actually does, the right knee etc. -- but they're worth thinking about.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Note: This thread is 4842 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!